Photo

Free Package @ ROR

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
  • 584 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:10 PM

Quick question on how it works for the Free Wedding Package. I've emailed Chandlyn but she is a busy woman so I thought I'd ask here.

I realize you still have to pay for minister/judge fees. I have my own flowers and would only need decorations, dinner, cake and pics.

My question is though it states you need to book 5 rooms. Does this mean I have to book all 5 rooms myself or if I have 4 other couples attending (along with myself & FI) would that count?

I've currently booked the Royal Package but there are only 6 (hopefully eight) of us going. I wanted that package initially for the flowers, room upgrade etc. but I may not need it now as i have flowers & booked a Jr. Suite.

Any thoughts?

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ellipse22
      Quick question on how it works for the Free Wedding Package. I've emailed Chandlyn but she is a busy woman so I thought I'd ask here.

I realize you still have to pay for minister/judge fees. I have my own flowers and would only need decorations, dinner, cake and pics.

My question is though it states you need to book 5 rooms. Does this mean I have to book all 5 rooms myself or if I have 4 other couples attending (along with myself & FI) would that count?

I've currently booked the Royal Package but there are only 6 (hopefully eight) of us going. I wanted that package initially for the flowers, room upgrade etc. but I may not need it now as i have flowers & booked a Jr. Suite.

Any thoughts?
      You don't have to book the 5 rooms yourself, its the total room count that you have among you & your guests! As long as you & your guests occupy a minimum of 5 rooms, you are set!
      We initially booked the Royal Package, but when we got there we decided to go with the Free Package & then we just upgraded whatever we wanted. It worked out much better for us.
      Hope that helps you.

#3 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
      • 584 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

Thanks! That's great news then! I'm more comfortable paying for the minister fees etc. instead of paying the $1,000 plus when I don't need it!

Now I just have to find 1 more couple to go lol

#4 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
        • 382 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:37 AM

Yeah I would suggest going with the free package and then upgrade accordingly...

#5 tmemise

tmemise
          • 135 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

HI

I was going for the caprice package at first then changed my mind to the free. It just works out better in the long run if your on a tight budget.

#6 Danniellou

Danniellou
            • 815 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:43 AM

Speaking of budgets, I know there are threads for budgets, but is there a thread for only ROR budgets?

#7 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
              • 584 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:19 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Danniellou
                Speaking of budgets, I know there are threads for budgets, but is there a thread for only ROR budgets?
                I'm not sure what you are asking...I personally haven't seen anything on here in detail. What is it the you are looking for? The fee's for the Packages?!?!

I can post the info I got for now ;-)

#8 Danniellou

Danniellou
                • 815 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:21 PM

I was basically just lloking for a breakdown on what people are expecting to pay. But I would love any info you have!

#9 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
                  • 584 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:13 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Danniellou
                    I was basically just lloking for a breakdown on what people are expecting to pay. But I would love any info you have!
                    Personally, this is what I think you need to consider:

# of guests
                    Reception or just dinner
                    Resort Flowers or Upgrade - bring your own
                    Specifics with regards to the ceremony
                    Photography
                    Upgrades for the ceremony - Steel Drum Band, hor d'ouerves (sp?) etc.
                    Cake - upgrade available

I only have 8 people going (including myself & FI) so I am not in need of a reception after dinner - therefore I don't need to rent the disco. I have a 11am ceremony time so I am in the midst of considering finger foods for after the ceremony and possibly an afternoon cruise w/finger foods before dinner.

I had my flowers made for me (silk) therefore I do not need the flowers the resort offers (upgrades are expensive) and I'm having a simple ceremony with recorded music - no steel drum band.

For me the reason I initially chose the Royal Package was for the flowers, room upgrade and photography.

I am now reconsidering my package selection because I have my own flowers, don't need the room upgrade (already booked the jr. suite) and the photography is still up in the air.

I have info at home my computer. I can send you that as well as Spa info. Let me know if the info I provided helps

#10 Danniellou

Danniellou
                    • 815 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

Thanks for the tips. I already have things in mind that I am willing to spend extra on as far as upgrades go, I am just basically looking for any pricing so that I can figure out how much it will cost me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users