• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,921 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

My FH and I are talking about Whistler, BC for our honeymoon. Since we are going to the beach for our wedding, we thought we'd go to opposite end of the spectrum for our honeymoon. (Don't worry, we live in MN and are planning to be home for a couple of weeks to regroup before taking our honeymoon for 2 reasons: 1. get used to the cold after Mexico 2. We own our own business and we have to make sure the roof didn't cave in so we can RELAX on our honeymoon!
    Since there are so many people from Canada on this site, I thought maybe those that have been to Whistler can give me some feedback?!. I know they are gearing up for the 2010 Winter Olympics.... I think that's good?

#2 amdecker

amdecker
    • 169 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:28 AM

Awesome honeymoon! I went to Whistler on vacation in 2006 and it is still my favorite winter spot. I'm actually planning to go back around Feb. 2010.
      When I was there, I actually had a conference in Seattle so my coworkers and I went early and stayed in Vancouver for a few days, then drove up to Whistler. The drive was about 2 hours (called the Sea to the Sky Highway)but it was so beautiful it went by so quickly. We stopped several times to take pictures. I hope you ski, because it is amazing. They should have a map that tells you what parts of the trails will be used for the winter olympics. They did when I was there and my coworker skiied down part of the trail. (I would have, but I'm not good enough yet).
      Anyway, I would definitely spend a few days at Whistler for the skiing, but I would recommend checking out Vancouver too if you haven't ever been. There are a lot of funs things to do. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

#3 EDYTA

EDYTA
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

Whistler is beautiful and the drive there in the winter time is crazy...when I was living in Calgary my hubby and I went in Feb and the roads are crazy in the winter time but definately something to see :) the drive from Van is a lot better and gorgeous

We stayed at the Sundial a boutique hotel and it was gorgeous and right at the bottom of the hill and right in the village Sundial Boutique Hotel Whistler

another hotel that I would recommend is Pan Pacific Pan Pacific Whistler Home

My husband is really into snowboarding so he would make the Whistler trip a couple times a year and one of his best friends lived out there so if you have any questions let me know

#4 samanthag

samanthag
        • 896 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

That's a great idea!
          We actually are thinking the same thing.
          Since we are having our wedding in Puerto Rico (and we visit soo many times) I'm kinda over the beach thing & want to do something different!!!

#5 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

Oh it's so BEAUTIFUL! i just love how charming it is. you will have a blast for sure. :)
            Happily married since 2008

#6 Chiquita

Chiquita
            • 2,674 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:32 PM

Whistler is awesome.. but getting so EXPENSIVE! Heh. We have gone snowboarding there a few times and you will have a blast :)

They are re-working the Sea to Sky highway for the Olympics so give yourself some extra time if you are driving up from Vancouver.. just take it slow and enjoy the views :)

#7 EDYTA

EDYTA
              • 1,277 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:45 PM

I wanted to post some pics...

Click the image to open in full size.

This pic was taken at the top of the ski lift, I just love this pic isn't it just breathtaking

#8 EDYTA

EDYTA
                • 1,277 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:52 PM

My sweetie on the gondola..he's so cute

where the village begins at the bottom of the hill

#9 Carolyn

Carolyn
                  • 1,235 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:56 PM

I never been but I want to go. What a great idea.

#10 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,921 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:03 AM

Thanks All!
                      I am so excited... the pictures are fabulous! We actually talked about Vancover and Whistler on our first date as "must do."

Have a great weekend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users