Jump to content

Photo

We're getting Fios installed


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Dez921714

Dez921714
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,489 posts

    Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

    So, we're having Fios installed today...the whole 9 yards...Phone, Internet, TV...We're very excited!!!!!

    I just realized I didn't pick up a house phone! LOL (I haven't had one in about 4 years).

    We're waiting for the guy to get here and then I'll run to Best Buy (FI wants to make sure our wireless router and stuff will work with it).

    Does anyone have it? Do you like it?

    It's gonna take the guy like 4 hours to install everything!
    http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

    150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

    #2 Angel

    Angel
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,635 posts

      Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

      We currently have it and had for a little over a year now, we like it but sometimes the box gives us problems. It's only been recently that our OnDemand says it's unavailable so we always have to call them and have them reset the box. Other than ridiculous fees and charges on the bill I love it.

      #3 stacey

      stacey

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 4,853 posts

        Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

        Fios must be a NY thing, Ive never heard of it.
        Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

        #4 beachbride08

        beachbride08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

          Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:39 AM

          I keep seeing the commercial for it and want to get it, but I checked the website and they don't have it in our area yet.
          Michelle

          #5 Angel

          Angel
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,635 posts

            Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:41 AM

            And we also had to get a remote replaced because you would have to press the fast forward/rewind and play button so hard to get it to work. But those are the only problems. But their customer service absolutely SUCKS. Trying to get in touch with them over the phone takes a whole afternoon.

            #6 Dez921714

            Dez921714
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,489 posts

              Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:50 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by STACEY
              Fios must be a NY thing, Ive never heard of it.
              I think they're moving up the east coast. It's Fiber Optic from Verizon
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by beachbride08
              I keep seeing the commercial for it and want to get it, but I checked the website and they don't have it in our area yet.
              We JUST got the TV in this area, the tech is here, and our TV will actually be the first one he installs
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Angel
              And we also had to get a remote replaced because you would have to press the fast forward/rewind and play button so hard to get it to work. But those are the only problems. But their customer service absolutely SUCKS. Trying to get in touch with them over the phone takes a whole afternoon.
              The problems you've had with Fios sound like the ones we've had with DirecTv! What kind of charges and stuff show up on your bill? (so I know what to look for).
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

              150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

              #7 Angel

              Angel
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,635 posts

                Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:01 PM

                I guess they are standard charges for having a phone line. I'm going to have to look at the bill when I get home and tell you exactly what they are but it's like $1 here and $1 there for like 10 different things which adds up. But then again it may just be a VA thing, and it's mainly for having a phone. I don't think any fees are cable or internet related. And we just an insert from them saying that some fees are increasing.

                #8 Dez921714

                Dez921714
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,489 posts

                  Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Angel
                  I guess they are standard charges for having a phone line. I'm going to have to look at the bill when I get home and tell you exactly what they are but it's like $1 here and $1 there for like 10 different things which adds up. But then again it may just be a VA thing, and it's mainly for having a phone. I don't think any fees are cable or internet related. And we just an insert from them saying that some fees are increasing.
                  Ugh, everything is increasing...it's sooo frustrating!

                  Our electric just went up!
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

                  150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

                  #9 Angel

                  Angel
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,635 posts

                    Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:22 PM

                    Yeah, everything except my income.

                    #10 Dez921714

                    Dez921714
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,489 posts

                      Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Angel
                      Yeah, everything except my income.
                      So, sooo true!
                      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

                      150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users