• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#71 milejilo

milejilo
  • 313 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrspeterson2b
    Beautiful invitations! I noticed that the "frond" or "feather" is on both invites. Did you purchase the paper like that or was it part of your brother's design?

Again...beautiful!!!!

Thanks, I really love what he did... The feather-frondy thing, lol, was actually an image he purchased on one of those stock image websites (istockphoto). Then he converted it into an illustrator file

#72 Bianca

Bianca
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:01 PM

I love Burgues Script!!! I am using it on our invites, but I love the way your names look! I didnt use and of the really scrolly letters... but I might go back and change that!
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#73 mrspeterson2b

mrspeterson2b
      • 34 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

Okay, just one more question (probably)...
        What size mailing tubes did you get, 2" or 2.5"?

I don't think I've seen so many impressed brides-to-be! Way to go!
        You should be super proud of yourself!

#74 milejilo

milejilo
        • 313 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

i used the 2" diameter, it kept the bottle snug so it wouldn't be rolling around in the cylinder. another tip... you're going to have to add tissue paper since the bottle is shorter in length.

#75 mrspeterson2b

mrspeterson2b
          • 34 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:21 PM

Since it's the day after Thanksgiving, I wanted to tell you how THANKFUL I am that you posted your pics. I know this may sound silly, but my invitations have been an ongoing battle for months. I have discovered over the last few months that I don't like most wedding things-most decorations, most dresses, most invitation styles etc. I have changed my mind about invitations like 8 times and was about to lose it until I saw your pics. You did a fantastic job and have totally inspired me to make mib invitations. Supplies arrive next week, I'll make them over the weekend and will hand-deliver most of them when I return to Illinois for Christmas!!!!
            The madness is OVER! Yay!
            Happy Day-After-Thanksgiving!

#76 Angela139

Angela139
            • 455 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:33 PM

Those are beautiful!! They do not look DIY at all. Gorgeous!! :)

#77 milejilo

milejilo
              • 313 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:06 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mrspeterson2b
                Since it's the day after Thanksgiving, I wanted to tell you how THANKFUL I am that you posted your pics. I know this may sound silly, but my invitations have been an ongoing battle for months. I have discovered over the last few months that I don't like most wedding things-most decorations, most dresses, most invitation styles etc. I have changed my mind about invitations like 8 times and was about to lose it until I saw your pics. You did a fantastic job and have totally inspired me to make mib invitations. Supplies arrive next week, I'll make them over the weekend and will hand-deliver most of them when I return to Illinois for Christmas!!!!
                The madness is OVER! Yay!
                Happy Day-After-Thanksgiving!
                awwww, you're too sweet. i'm so glad i could help and that my pictures could inspire you. i know all this planning can be overwhelming, i think all of us are going through that to some degree (thank God for this forum). let me know how they come out

#78 bca33

bca33
                • 336 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:12 AM

I absolutely love your MIB invites! Could you please send me the template in illustrator for me! I only could hope mine will turn out as wonderful as yours!

#79 milejilo

milejilo
                  • 313 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bca33
                    I absolutely love your MIB invites! Could you please send me the template in illustrator for me! I only could hope mine will turn out as wonderful as yours!
                    For some reason i couldn't post the template on the forum, so PM me and i'll email them to you

#80 ladybug22

ladybug22
                    • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:42 AM

You did such a fab job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users