Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3681 jaynreneewed

jaynreneewed
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

I heard that the flowers Tulum has are much prettier in person. The borchure pictures are old and need to be updated

#3682 maxandkatie

maxandkatie
    • 95 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

I used the resort flowers and loved them! I had white calililies and brought my own ribbon to tie around the stems. Loved them! They will work with you to make your bouquets the way you want them.

#3683 violetvixen

violetvixen
      • 63 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

does anyone know if spa appointments can be made via email, or if I'll have to call?

#3684 AchiCAp0547

AchiCAp0547
        • 112 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:29 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by violetvixen
          does anyone know if spa appointments can be made via email, or if I'll have to call?
          I made mine through email.... (hair appointments for the wedding/massages) Jana Swich- spa4.dretu@dreamsresorts.com

#3685 maxandkatie

maxandkatie
          • 95 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

We made our spa appointments via email. I would imagine you can still do so.

#3686 violetvixen

violetvixen
            • 63 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

thanks Ladies :)

#3687 SunBride

SunBride
              • 1,499 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mimi73 View Post
                Can anyone tell me how the quality of the bouquets is from the resort? I am wondering if the one's supplied in the packages are very nice. Is there a flower store in Tulum that may be a more cost effective option?
                Thanks girls!
                check out page 260 of this thread where I posted pictures of past brides' bouquets.

Also on page 1 there is a list of the flowers (and colors) that are available as part of the regular package.

#3688 mimi73

mimi73
                • 282 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:28 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by krista.baird
                  Hi Mimi, there are quite a few girls who got nice flowers from Dreams Tulum, and they have many more to offer than what they put in their brochure. Somewhere in the first few pages of this forum, Sunbride posted a pic of the tropical bouquet they did for her. I think they even used birds of paradise in it. You could email Aurora and ask her what types of flowers they have available (at no extra charge), and see if there's something from that list you like.
                  I will definitely be emailing Aurora about my options. Thanks again
                  http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#3689 SunBride

SunBride
                  • 1,499 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by OceanWonderland View Post
                    I'm going to be doing the 'free wedding package' and was wondering if we will still get a champagne toast after the ceremony? We are NOT having a cocktail hour, wayyy to much extra costs for no reason, but I would still love to have a celebratory glass of champagne right after saying 'I Do'. Do they serve champagne at the bars upon request, and is that free?
                    Yeah the champagne is usually served on the beach right after the ceremony if there is no cocktail hour, for the cake, some people do it right after and others do it after dinner.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by annakoonce View Post
                    Hi All!

I am getting married on June 3rd at DT and will have roughly 100 guests with us. I'm sorry if these questions have already been asked, but there is a lot of info here that I am trying to sift through. We want to have our reception in the ballroom with dancing afterward. I am curious about the DJ services that they provide. I saw some reviews that said they used DJ Mania. Is that a DJ at the resort or someone that was hired from outside? The resort charges something like 250/hr for the DJ so I'm just wondering what is included in that cost. Do they have a good/loud sound system with lights/disco balls etc? Also we have a long list of songs that we would like them to play, but not enough to last through the whole night. Can we just bring our ipod with those songs loaded with instructions for when we want those songs played and have them add in songs from their database throughout the night?

Any brides who have had a large group like us and had the buffet dinner option? Does it cost the same as the silver or gold packages when it is buffet and not table service?

Thanks for any answers/insight!
                    DJ Mannia is an outside DJ. A lot of people choose to book him instead of the resort DJ because he has a very good reputation. He's more expensive than the resort DJ, but a lot of brides have said it's worth the cost.

Yes the buffet service is the same price as dinner option (although there isn't as much service, you do get more choices and more food so it balances out)

#3690 northernflasher

northernflasher
                    • 499 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:10 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mimi73
                      Can anyone tell me how the quality of the bouquets is from the resort? I am wondering if the one's supplied in the packages are very nice. Is there a flower store in Tulum that may be a more cost effective option?
                      Thanks girls!
                      I was really impressed with my bouquet, it was exactly as I described. We saw approx 10 other weddings at the hotel whilst we were there and the bouquets were all really beautiful. I'm guessing at least some if not all of those were done by the resort.
                      I would say save any excess costs in this area, the hotel seem to do a super job.
                      Michelle X

PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users