Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2301 starlitk

starlitk
  • Newbie
  • 76 posts

    Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:46 PM

    A few FYIs for other brides:

    I am now being quoted $600 for 15 minutes of fire dancers. Supposedly, the vendor raised their rates and the resort has to pass that cost along to us.

    I was also just told by Carlos, the concierge, that they no longer do bike rides to the ruins because they have a new dangerous highway and it isn't safe to bike there anymore. Carlos also did not answer any of my other questions about the ruins, and instead is passing me along to a tour operator. So frustrating. Does anyone know answers to these questions?
    1. is it free to get into the ruins?
    2. how much is cab fare? is it difficult to get cabs for a big group?

    Also, friends of ours who got married at DT said that when they arrived at the resort, they found that the wedding coordinators had not saved a single email from them and they had to remake every decision. It is starting to look that way in my case, as they never remember my requests. I've seen the opposite of this in some of the other DT bride reviews. But, to be safe, print out everything you've sent them and bring it with you!

    Also, I was told 2 days ago (11 days before my wedding) that we are unable to have the SSG because they are leaving it open. So, a warning to SSG hopeful brides: you definitely may not get that 30 days of notice they tell you they'll give you. I have no idea where my reception will be now, and we leave on Wed.

    Sorry for the daunting post, but I am really getting frustrated with the inconsistencies with promises and pricing for things and thought I would give everyone a heads up! Hopefully, things will go more smoothly when we get there!

    #2302 starlitk

    starlitk
    • Newbie
    • 76 posts

      Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:01 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by maxwell123
      Does anyone have any suggestions for wedding favors for guests? Also for those who brought decorations for their reception tables, what type of things did you bring and did you pre-mail them down or take them in your suitcase?
      We're giving sandalwood fans to our guests during the ceremony, and that will act as our favor. We are also doing canvas OOT bags for our guests with goodies, too.

      I have found a lot of great info on this kind of stuff in the threads on the general forum, where a ton of brides have posted a lot of great ideas. Be sure to check it out!

      #2303 Blkatz

      Blkatz
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,025 posts

        Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:03 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by starlitk
        A few FYIs for other brides:

        I am now being quoted $600 for 15 minutes of fire dancers. Supposedly, the vendor raised their rates and the resort has to pass that cost along to us.

        I was also just told by Carlos, the concierge, that they no longer do bike rides to the ruins because they have a new dangerous highway and it isn't safe to bike there anymore. Carlos also did not answer any of my other questions about the ruins, and instead is passing me along to a tour operator. So frustrating. Does anyone know answers to these questions?
        1. is it free to get into the ruins?
        2. how much is cab fare? is it difficult to get cabs for a big group?

        Also, friends of ours who got married at DT said that when they arrived at the resort, they found that the wedding coordinators had not saved a single email from them and they had to remake every decision. It is starting to look that way in my case, as they never remember my requests. I've seen the opposite of this in some of the other DT bride reviews. But, to be safe, print out everything you've sent them and bring it with you!

        Also, I was told 2 days ago (11 days before my wedding) that we are unable to have the SSG because they are leaving it open. So, a warning to SSG hopeful brides: you definitely may not get that 30 days of notice they tell you they'll give you. I have no idea where my reception will be now, and we leave on Wed.

        Sorry for the daunting post, but I am really getting frustrated with the inconsistencies with promises and pricing for things and thought I would give everyone a heads up! Hopefully, things will go more smoothly when we get there!
        Ok-when I was there just over a month ago they had all of my emails. She even printed out my pictures for the flowers. Natalia had everything together. I also brought all my emails just in case but I didnt need them. Also, they keep the places open based upon the ocupancy of the resort. There are some other great places including the beach or the pools. I wouldn't stress you will see, once you get there everything falls into place. Remember, these ladies do this all day everyday. When I was there I kept thinking to myself wow, these ladies work their behinds off!

        #2304 starlitk

        starlitk
        • Newbie
        • 76 posts

          Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:52 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Blkatz
          Ok-when I was there just over a month ago they had all of my emails. She even printed out my pictures for the flowers. Natalia had everything together. I also brought all my emails just in case but I didnt need them. Also, they keep the places open based upon the ocupancy of the resort. There are some other great places including the beach or the pools. I wouldn't stress you will see, once you get there everything falls into place. Remember, these ladies do this all day everyday. When I was there I kept thinking to myself wow, these ladies work their behinds off!
          Thanks! That is really comforting to hear. :)

          Does anyone know if we need to bring beach towels? I've never been to an AI before, so I'm not sure if DT provides towels you can use on the beach, or whether we should bring our own.

          OMG - I would be so lost without this forum!

          #2305 northernflasher

          northernflasher
          • Jr. Member
          • 499 posts

            Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:26 AM

            Starlitk.. Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit worked up, I totally agree about all the stress caused by inconsistencies and lack of communication. Im prob going to be exactly the same when my time comes
            .........However, please be re-assurred by all the honest, wonderful reviews on this forum, very rare do we see a bad one. For peace of mind be as organised as you can be and thats the most you can do, the rest is mind over matter. Most important of all ENJOY IT. Even if the worst happens (and it wont) the wedding is only a few hours out of the rest of your life with the man you love.
            Have a wonderful day.
            Michelle X

            PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

            #2306 SunPrncss85

            SunPrncss85
            • Newbie
            • 71 posts

              Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

              Hey ladies, this is such an amazing forum! It is helpful in every regard to planning of a destination wedding. We have only been engaged since May 15th, 2009 and you all have already helped us to get our invitations started and narrow down options for major parts of our wedding. Here is a little info about me:

              Username: sunprncss85
              Names (optional, first names only) - Christine
              Date & Time: Friday March 19th, 2010
              Number of guests: working on getting them the best deal, just the wedding reserved so far
              Coordinator: Landy, though we have only been in touch with one of her assistants
              Ceremony location: Beach
              Reception location: beach by the seaside grill, hopefully
              Photographer: Package Photographer, other than that don't know yet
              Videographer: We are hoping to trade the video for some more pictures since we have a friend that will videotape for us
              Review (link):
              Photos (link)
              Video (link)
              Special arrangements / activities: None yet, we are looking into doing a group catamaran tour

              #2307 Blkatz

              Blkatz
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,025 posts

                Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:26 AM

                nope-no need for beach towels. They have tons at the pool. We used 2 each everyday and were totally fine :)

                #2308 starlitk

                starlitk
                • Newbie
                • 76 posts

                  Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:05 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by northernflasher
                  Starlitk.. Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit worked up, I totally agree about all the stress caused by inconsistencies and lack of communication. Im prob going to be exactly the same when my time comes
                  .........However, please be re-assurred by all the honest, wonderful reviews on this forum, very rare do we see a bad one. For peace of mind be as organised as you can be and thats the most you can do, the rest is mind over matter. Most important of all ENJOY IT. Even if the worst happens (and it wont) the wedding is only a few hours out of the rest of your life with the man you love.
                  Have a wonderful day.

                  Thanks! You guys are so supportive!

                  Thanks for the beach towel info Blkatz!

                  #2309 Lindz

                  Lindz
                  • Newbie
                  • 109 posts

                    Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

                    Hi girls! Quick questions...how much did you, or should i tip the wedding planner and photographer? Our photographer is from outside the resort....any suggestions?

                    #2310 BellaBeachBabe

                    BellaBeachBabe
                    • Newbie
                    • 59 posts

                      Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:03 PM

                      Hey Ladies!

                      Any June 2010 brides out there?? If so what are ur dates

                      I was wondering.....I read a few posts about the possibility of fireworks...are we or are we not allowed to have them in the month of June?


                      Click the image to open in full size.





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users