SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

maxandkatie, 

Thank you for those options!! I found the hand blessing ceremony and we are going to have that in our ceremony for sure. And "Love" by Roy croft as a reading and I also love the reading your 10 year old nephew read, very very cute and personal. Your vows are also great!

Just remember, it gets really hot out there on the beach for the guests.  A short ceremony is okay!  I think ours was like 15 minutes max.  It was so much fun, I would do it again in a heartbeat!  We got legally married in the states the weekend before we left.  We actually got married swine flu weekend at Dreams Tulum! 

Where did you have your ceremony? We're having ours in the chapel and I'm hoping the AC will be on full blast ha ha. We are also getting legally married (August.16...so soon!!) before the wedding in Mexico :)

Thanks maxandkatie for the vow information.  I haven't even looked into that yet...lol.  I'm still looking into decoration stuff for the ceremony and reception sites.  I was also under the impression that the chapel is air conditioned, but don't ask me how I got that information.  I'm thinking of hanging either tissue pomanders or battery operated Chinese lanterns at my reception site.  I have requested to rent the Seaside Grill so I'm really hoping/planning my reception around that location.  For anyone that has been to the resort, what would be more appropriate at that location to hang overhead?  

Also, when you order battery operated lanterns off Ebay, they seem to not come on a string.  How have you brides (past or present) ordered and set them up?  What do you end up bringing with you to the resort?  

Taegan:

I'm also having my ceremony in the chapel.  I was just planning on using different ribbon to decorate the pews.  How are you planning to decorate the church?

Also, does anyone know how many guests are seated at the round tables.....tables of 8 or 10??

So many questions....

maxandkatie- The chapel has AC now :) I was really happy when Anabel said it is fully air conditioned. We are also giving out program fans as well, just in case.

beabride- Congrats on your resort choice!! I really think the Tulum location is incredibly beautiful. For our ceremony, we hired Julieta (she's a florist a few other DT brides have used) We are having a flower arrangement for each pew with petals lining the isle and she is also doing 2 bigger arrangements for the top of the isle...I tried to found my inspiration picture we used but I cant! She is also doing our reception center pieces, her prices are great its under 1500 for everything including my bouquet and one bm bouquet (we are going to use the bouquet and corsages/boutiniers included in the package as well) Also, we have program fans with ribbon tied on in our wedding colors. Anabell sent me the dimensions for the round tables I can find it for you if youd like :)

I should add that we just recieved our wedding form planning sheet from Aurora, this included the flower gallery, lighting gallery, cake gallery etc. so I am actually going to compare what it would cost the resort to do our centerpieces vs. Julieta. I actually didnt know our package included centerpieces so I am now wondering what the price difference will be

I managed to find my inspiration pics...heres what I am going for but the pink will be orange and peach

julieta samp05.jpgvintage-cascading-bouquet.jpgcrowe1179.jpg

Did any previous brides up end going with the resort florist? or is anyone thinking of doing this?

Here are a few of my pics! We had the ceremony at the convention center terrace and reception on the far beach (that was a last minute change once I seen all the locations)