• 414 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:26 AM

Has anyone heard if it damaged Cancun?

Is everyone in Mexico okay?

Thinking of you all!

#2 monicaswave

• 450 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:46 AM

I was thinking the same thing....any updates?

#3 stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:52 AM

According to an article that was just posted, there wasnt any damage to Cancun and it is heading for Texas.

Storm Dolly may become hurricane, hit Texas | U.S. | Reuters
        Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#4 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

anyone know what the weather has been like in cancun over the weekend? weather.com won't show the precipitation from yesterday.

#5 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
          • Vendor
          • 336 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

For any bride who is watching the weather in the Caribbean...many of us who live in the region follow Caribbean Hurricane Network - stormCARIB.com - Local Reports on Tropical Systems threatening the Caribbean Islands It's a great little website which in addition to following potential storms and named storms has sections for locals to post what is going on weather wise and sets up special sections if storms do hit for locals to get information on regions and even specific resorts.

Many times the US weather sites and news channels ignore the islands or completely blow things out of proportion and you can get a really good view on storm carib before and after storms go through (I have no affiliation with this site, we just watch it daily during hurricane season).

Another good place to also check is Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground on the tropical reports when a storm is named. They do great tracking and thorough models as well.

#6 monicaswave

• 450 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:37 PM

Thanks Krys!

It's always nice to get info straight from the locals.

#7 SIMBASIM

• 466 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

I know there is a girl on the forum getting married at Dreams Cancun yesterday. Can't wait to get her feedback!

#8 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

That is good to know. Last year my parents were in Mexico when ?Olga was happening and they were asking me if I could tell them where it was headed and so. It wasn't that easy to find out the info, so now I know. Thanks Krys
                  My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#9 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:40 PM

does anyone know if it hit Dominican Republic? My mom's in Punta Cana right now..

#10 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
                    • Vendor
                    • 336 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:48 PM

It just developed into a tstorm today, The DR may have gotten a bit of rain a few days ago and some wind but it wasn't organized at all when it went south of the DR.

She's enjoying the sun I am sure; I am in the states on holiday with my girls right now, but hubby and the rest of our staff have been in the T&C shooting weddings all week last week and weather has been great (the Turks and Caicos is 70 miles north of the DR).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users