Photo

Favorite Wines

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:02 AM

My absolute favorite wine is Honig cabernet. It tastes like butta!!!

On the cheaper side I like the yellow tail merlot/cabernet blend. I think I drink wine that is on the more expensive side...Well I used to. I had to give up wine for BL3.

I would love to hear mor ideas on affordable wines, although that could get me in trouble :P
    http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
    February 14, 2009

#12 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:04 AM

My absolute favorite white wine on the planet is Mer Soleil - it is a Chardonnay from CA - it is SO GOOD!!!!!!!!

Mer Soleil Chardonnay 2004

winemaker's notes:
      Initial aromas of the ripe apple/pear/grape combination inherent in Chardonnay quickly evolve into rich scents of mango, pineapple, lemon, butterscotch and subtle smoke. Explosive flavors—tropical fruits and spices with a balancing layer of zesty citrus from the mid-palate on through to the extended finish. Seems to fill every corner of the mouth.

#13 Christi

Christi
      • 1,905 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:14 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by foxytv
        I get the Piper in a split quite often when we're out and I want some bubbles!
        piper was the first champagne I ever tried and my Mom's favorite, so we always had it during the holidays...YUM...makes we want to pop open a bottle! :)

#14 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:22 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Alyssa
          My absolute favorite white wine on the planet is Mer Soleil - it is a Chardonnay from CA - it is SO GOOD!!!!!!!!

Mer Soleil Chardonnay 2004

winemaker's notes:
          Initial aromas of the ripe apple/pear/grape combination inherent in Chardonnay quickly evolve into rich scents of mango, pineapple, lemon, butterscotch and subtle smoke. Explosive flavors—tropical fruits and spices with a balancing layer of zesty citrus from the mid-palate on through to the extended finish. Seems to fill every corner of the mouth.
          Yummm, that does sound good :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#15 NewOrleansbride

NewOrleansbride
          • 358 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:11 AM

I rarely drink white wine (it's too sweet for me), but my favorite cheap Merlots and Cabernets are Bogle and Smoking Loon. You can't beat the price and I think they are great tasting! And Coppola makes a fantastic wine all around.

I'm a big fan of California wines (can you tell ). I used to be huge on Australian and South African wines, but before I knew it I was buying mostly all CA wines.
            -Rachel

#16 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:18 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Alyssa

I rarely drink white wine (it's too sweet for me), but my favorite cheap Merlots and Cabernets are Bogle and Smoking Loon. You can't beat the price and I think they are great tasting! And Coppola makes a fantastic wine all around.

I'm a big fan of California wines (can you tell ). I used to be huge on Australian and South African wines, but before I knew it I was buying mostly all CA wines.
              Only certain white wines are sweet, like Rieslings, etc. There are lots and lots and lots of dry white wines (try a Viognier or an oaked Chardonnay) that won't have the super-fruity or floral aromas, just in case you want to try some more whites! I used to only drink reds, but since I started selling wine for a living, I have obviously learned a lot more and been able to find whites that I love.

There are even dry, non-sweet rieslings. Try an Alsace riesling, most of those are on the f=drier side. There is also one called Kuhl Dry that you might like as a "starter" white if you don't like 'em sweet.

#17 NewOrleansbride

NewOrleansbride
              • 358 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:26 AM

I'll drink white wine and I enjoy it... just not as much as reds (especially Merlot). I progressed (not sure that the right word?) from loving pinot noirs, to cabernets, to merlots. I've been stuck on merlot for a long time.
                -Rachel

#18 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:11 AM

My very favorite is a David Bruce Pinot Noir. I buy cases of it every time my local shop has a special. It's a terrible habit, but someone needs to do it...

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#19 Carolyn

Carolyn
                • 1,235 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:27 AM

I'm not a big white wine person but my two favorite Red wines

Simi Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 04,05,06 ( $20.00 a bottle)and any montepulciano italian red wine. ( never over $ 15.00 a bottle).

I do have many more but another few good cheap wine is Barefoot Cabernet, Steap Leap Carbernet, Rutherford Hill Carbernet & merlot.

#20 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:02 AM

The most outstanding wine I've had in my life was a Barolo that I cannot remember the name of and I've never seen it again

BV wine is consistently good and inexpensive Beaulieu Vineyard

Castello di Monsanto makes a great Chianti. (Chianti & pasta w/red sauce...yum!)

I love the Pinot Noir by Kynsi Winery here on the central coast.

Can you tell I like red wine?

(And my favorite champagne is Perrier Jouet like Christi mentioned...mmmmm)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users