17 replies to this topic

#11 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
Carly I'm glad you posted this b/c I have been stalking sites for weeks trying to find something so cute. I didn't have a DW so I can't do the cute beachy themed ones. I know people like the photo cards but James and I feel stupid sending out a pic of ourselves.

I found one recently at Papyrus (don't know if they have that store everywhere) which I will only send to close friends that says "That's Senora Bitch to you" on the outside and is plain on the inside. I think its funny. LOL. Of course I would never send that to family. But this store does have cute cards if you want to check it out.
omg glenda, that is hilarious, will you send me one if you have an extra?

i totally think theres nothing wrong with sending a photo of yourselves, in fact i love the bubbles pic and as soon as you get your photos from jason you could see if you have enough cute ones to make a collage. otherwise you can just do the one pic and they could double as both thank you cards and wedding announcements to the people you didnt invite/didnt come.

#12 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:31 PM

A collage is an awesome idea!

I really don't think it is self absorbed at all to do pictures on thank-you cards - people love to look at pictures! I know I do!

I love the idea of the collage - you guys really have me thinkin'

#13 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:39 PM

I did a collage for our AHR. The main picture was the group picture. then there were 4 pics of us on the sides.

#14 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:59 PM

We are going to do a collage card. I'm thinking of the big postcards from VistaPrint but I don't know.

I think these are the cards mentioned above. I really like the idea. I bet you could somehow DIY.
        Kodakgallery.com*View Card Detail
        The only thing is that they would end up being about $3 with postage and I really didn't want to spend that much.

#15 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

What about a simple card on really nice colored (perhaps the blue of your flower girl dresses) paper with "Thank you from the D'Orazio's" then on the inside you can personally thank the guests.

#16 1elephant

• VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

for my shower, i got printed ones from vistaprint w/ an orange gerbera daisy on the front w/ the words thank you. for the wedding, we did a pic card. if you don't want to do pictures, you could always find a cool pic of a hibiscus and call it a day!
          (btw, i always think of you whenever i see a hibiscus, or the word hibiscus, lol)

#17 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:22 PM

i think this is actually the accordion fold card jamy was talking about

Kodakgallery.com*View Card Detail

#18 Sunandsand

• 126 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:20 PM

I did a collage for our thank you cards as well and then sent a nicer photo to the family members that I thought would appreciate it. The last thing I want is people throwing away photos of me left right and center.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users