looking for ideas for thank you cards

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:23 AM

So our AHR was this weekend and I am at a loss as to what to do for the thank you cards. I want something nice and different. We used a photo-postcard for the thank you for the shower, so not sure if we can do a photo again. What do you all think? Any other cool ideas?

#2 beachbride08

beachbride08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:26 AM

I believe it was Kodak that I seen these accordian style cards, and you can use multiple photos or collage of photos. I know you said you used a photo postcard, but I thought these looked really cute and could be a great way to show off some of your wedding photos.
      Michelle

#3 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

carly i think you totally CAN do another photo card of some kind - just not a postcard. i personally LOVE photo cards and prefer them to regular old thank you cards any day of the week! i saw some cool stuff when i was browsing through the kodak gallery products, check that out and see if you like anything.

#4 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

We've got a really cute beachy thank you card from Target. Not particularly unique, but really cute.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#5 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:38 AM

You don't think it's cheesy or self-absorbed or something to send another photo of us? I agree, I always prefer to received photos then cards, but I didn't want to seem self-centered. Then again, it was MY WEDDING! Hahahaa. I will check kodak gallery out.

#6 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

Well everyone knows how "self-absorbed" you are anyway sooo... haha Im kidding. You're far from that Car. I think it's a great idea if you do that. And if NOT there are a ton of really cute cards at Target, Hallmark, etc. I guess it depends on how much you want to put into actually MAKING the card and all, if you are up for it. I think it's nice.

#7 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:32 PM

Carly I'm glad you posted this b/c I have been stalking sites for weeks trying to find something so cute. I didn't have a DW so I can't do the cute beachy themed ones. I know people like the photo cards but James and I feel stupid sending out a pic of ourselves.

I found one recently at Papyrus (don't know if they have that store everywhere) which I will only send to close friends that says "That's Senora Bitch to you" on the outside and is plain on the inside. I think its funny. LOL. Of course I would never send that to family. But this store does have cute cards if you want to check it out.

#8 sassybride

sassybride
            • Banned
            • 294 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:39 PM

I'm going to send a tri-fold metallic paper thank you card. They are soo cute and my photog here makes them. He will use the pics from Juan to make the cards. When the card is closed up it a pprox a 4X4 square - super cute!!!! It's your wedding and people like to receive pictures, especially of you and him on your wedding day so I don't see the prob!!!
              Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#9 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

Sassybride - do you have any photos showing what that looks like? That sounds cool.

G - I absolutely love the bubble photo in your sig and think it would make a great thank you card! Or you could have one of the lovely girls on here do a collage for you.

I can't wait to get some real photos back from the photog, so I can see if any are worthy!

#10 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                • 5,248 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

Carly it didn't even cross my mind to make a collage for the thank you card! Thanks for the idea that might be cute assuming I get some good photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users