Steel Drum Band at SGOR

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Melissa G

Melissa G
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:57 AM

Hi everyone! I really want a steel drum band to play at my cocktail reception, but it is $600 for 1 hour at Sandals resorts. For those who had a steel drum band - especially one at a Sandals - is it worth the $$$?

From what I have seen on the internet it looks awesome and I feel like we will regret it if we don't get one. Any advice would really help!!

#2 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

Eh...spend the money...you're only getting married once (I hope)!!!! ;-)

Plus you and Shawn can have your first dance to it. You should get some steel drum music for the AHR!!

#3 IrieBride08

• 716 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

I really wanted a Steel Band too, but couldn't bring myself to pay the $600 fee. The wedding only lasts 20 minutes and they wouldn't allow me to have them for a half hour instead.

While I think the price is high, I think you should splurge if you think it's worth it. I never saw anyone use one during the 12 days I was at SGOR. I did hear the trio though and thought they were really good. How much do they charge for the trio? I think it may be less...

#4 Melissa G

Melissa G
        • 105 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

I think the trio is cheaper - maybe $250/hour.

I think I am going to get them to play during the 1 hour cocktail reception. I would love if they could play during the ceremony, but $600 for 20 minutes is ridiculous.

Hopefully the $600 is worth it.

#5 AmandaR

• 241 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:44 PM

I say go for it!!! I think we all have those things that we splurged on for our weddings, and just how many people do you know that have gotten married in Jamaica, let alone had a steel drum band play at their reception?!?

#6 meghanmbm

• 203 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:27 AM

If i was you i would go with the trio during the cocktail hour. it seems more practical and you guest will love it as they mingle around. I think it is a better idea all around. $600 foe 20min is outragous!!
              Live every day like the next will never come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users