DIY invitations

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 christypickard

• 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:01 AM

I need help making 150 invitations. My main color is hot pink with lime green, orange, and black. Any suggestions? I really like the layered look.

#2 KatyKo

• 851 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:10 AM

I am planning to make my own invitations as well :) I found this site when I was searching for how to make invites. You can actually order the paper from this site as well, but there are nice "how-to" videos that I plan to just use those as a guideline and buy my own paper. There are also templates you can download too.

Unique Do it Yourself Wedding Invitations

Good luck!

#3 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

I moved your thread to the DIY forum, you can find lots of info and advice here

#4 Bianca

• 1,057 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:24 AM

You say you like the layered ones, but that could still be incorporated into many different styles. Some people have layered boarding passes. You could do pocket folders (Cards & Pockets) or just simple panels. 150 invites is a lot tho. I would try to get some friends together for help or something.
          19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!

#5 beachbride08

• VIP Member
          • 2,372 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:31 AM

I made my own invitations and my colors are pink and green with ivory. I ot the petal invites in a shimmery ivory and the rest of the cardstock was in pink and green, including the envelopes and I tied it with pink and green ribbon. I got all the paper from Paper Source, and they have a ton of different colors. You can definitely mix and match the paper and envelope colors to fit in with your color scheme. There is also a site paperandmore or something along that line that has a ton of different cardstock and paper that you could order. I needed to see it person so going to Paper Source worked better for me and they had colors that matched our BM dresses perfectly so that was a bonus. Good luck!

#6 adias.angel

• 719 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

Maybe the pocket fold invites. You can do the inside with main invite with many layers.

Here is a step by step on how to create your own. Shows A - Z : Carol Duvall Show : Envelope Cards : DIY Network

#7 mikandtet

• 67 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:32 PM

very helpful! thanks for sharing! :)
                ~*~The best revenge is living your life well~*~

#8 kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,921 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:01 PM

search for my DIY invites.... Layered but simple. You could do any color of paper you like!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users