Photographer or not???

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 zorlack76

zorlack76
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

Hey All,

If I am having a professional photographer in the wedding party (who of course cant go 30 seconds without taking a picture otherwise he will have a stroke,) should I still hire a separate photographer? What do you think?

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

they are in the wedding party? will they be standing up front? if so they won't be taking pictures during the ceremony.

I think it would depend on if they want the responsibility of capturing the whole wedding day. they may be in vacation mode, so even if they are snapping pictures, they will not be trying to capture everything. Like maybe they'd be more interested in photographing the beach or something else. So i would definitly talk to them before assuming they are going to be your wedding photographer.

#3 zorlack76

zorlack76
      • 259 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

My only problem is that he is the pnly photographer I trust. I have seen his work and been there with him while he worked and he does an amazing job. I am guessing he will do it free of charge too. On the other hand, we want him to be in the wedding. I guess I could just have him choose which he would rather do.

#4 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
        • 530 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:42 PM

great idea. Make him choose if he wants to shoot it or be in it, cause it would be really hard to do both...

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

yeah this is something definitly to talk about with him. let us know what ends up happening.

#6 Martha

Martha
            • VIP Member
            • 3,906 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:57 PM

I would at least offer to give him some money...it's going to take a lot of his time to edit the pictures.

#7 zorlack76

zorlack76
              • 259 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:35 AM

Thats true about the editing. He is very particular about everything. What would you suggest for a dollar amount to give him as a gift...assuming he chooses to be the photographer and not part of the wedding party?

#8 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:38 AM

I would honestly ask him what he would charge you for his services.

#9 zorlack76

zorlack76
                  • 259 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:05 AM

...and if he says "I wouldn't charge you a dime."? Its kind of a wierd situation to be in...probably even more wierd for him.

#10 Yari

Yari
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,928 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:16 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by zorlack76
                      ...and if he says "I wouldn't charge you a dime."? Its kind of a wierd situation to be in...probably even more wierd for him.
                      Well it would be hard for him to be in the wedding party and take pics...so you can ask him which he would rather do. Offer to pay him and ask what his rates are. If he says it's on the house, then get him a nice gift.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users