Sign in to follow this  
LCBride2007

Veil freakout - what to do?

ann - i have a veil that looks to be about the same color as your dress. how long did you want it to be? this one is about as long as aprils from the RM wedding.

heres a pic that shows how long it is. just let me know and i will ups it to you if you want to see it. i ended up not wearing it.

Click the image to open in full size.

Ann, I just looked on ebay, they had a ton of them on there, not sure if they're what you're looking for, but its worth looking.

No way would I spend that much on a veil, there are so many other places you can look to find one similar and for a LOT less!

ann don't spend that much on a veil. I spent 60 and just got a plain on and will embellish it myself if I decide to do it.

I say check out e-bay or other cheaper bridal places like David's Bridal or even another boutique.

Ann that is freakin crazy to spend 500.00 on a veil that you will only wear for an hour.. They are out of their mind... Definitly look online and other places.. I'm sure you can find one a whole hell of alot cheaper that is just as nice.

Ditto to everything said....hahaha....wish I could give more advice but I think everyone pretty much summed it up....DO NOT spend 600 on a veil! :) Good luck with the search!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacgarcia View Post
Is this the one Ann?

Click the image to open in full size.
anny - this edging seems like the one i liked, and it's by the same designer. but mine just had 1 layer, and came to a point probably around my butt, it wasn't rounded. but i think that's the trim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh miller View Post
ann - i have a veil that looks to be about the same color as your dress. how long did you want it to be? this one is about as long as aprils from the RM wedding.

heres a pic that shows how long it is. just let me know and i will ups it to you if you want to see it. i ended up not wearing it.
i hadn't shopped around at all - so i just need to do that. or maybe i will head to a craft store and see if they have some materials to make something similar.

leigh, the one I like comes past my butt - i guess it's probably a fingertip veil. but i may just take you up on your offer if i don't find something - you're too sweet! my dress is ivory - and possibly a little "creamier" than some ivories, if that makes any sense. is there any detail on your veil? i am thinking i don't want much detail - but i did like the edging on the one at Belle Vie.

Veil prices are insane!!! when I was originally going to get a ML dress I tried on a beautiful veil with it and they wanted $2000 for it!!!! I almost dropped to the floor...Ann don't pay that much I think the money can go towards something better such as food or decor for your wedding...

I paid around $275 for my veil which I still thought it was a lot but try just going to a cheaper bridal store and Im sure you will find something you love

Ann, I was just looking at veils on ebay. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to buy one or use the one my sister let me borrow,(I think I want a longer one), but they had some really pretty ones on there and they were sooooo much less expensive. I don't know if you feel like you need to see it first or if you want a certain designer, but if you don't care that much (like me) I would definetly take a look on ebay. I just feel since I'm only going to wear the thing for a few hours theres no need to spend a lot.

Also, since some of them on ebay are so cheap, you could buy one and if you didn't like it when you got it at least you didn't spend too much, you could just resell it.

Also davids bridal has cheaper ones.

Oooh, another thing I just remembered, someone on this forum had her veil made by someone local using a picture of what she wanted, and it was really reasonable, I can't remember what thread it was in, but I think it was Nabumbah? Maybe check on that too