• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:47 PM

I have put off even looking for a veil, just been too busy/lazy. I had tried one on at the salon where I bought my dress (Belle Vie in Chicago), and there was one that I liked, but it was about $300. I figured after spending more on my dress that I ever thought I would, I didn't need to do the same w/the veil.

But since I had been putting it off and hadn't looked around at all, I just decided to go back to Belle Vie and get the veil I know I liked (they said it would take 8-10 weeks to come in, so I started thinking I should get on top of this). Well, after trying it on w/the dress, etc. I was going to get it - and she was ringing me up. I saw $605 - I said "is that the price?" Apparently I remember the price wrong - I have little doubt this this was my mistake. But she did offer me $100 off, and options to make the veil cheaper - like making it shorter.

My problem: I can't justify $500 for the veil. I just can't! What are my best options to get a replica made? Or even somewhere to go and look at a large selection of veils? This veil came down past my butt, was 1 layer, plain ivory tulle (or whatever the fabric is), but the edge was trimmed w/sterling silver and had both pearls and crystals in the trim about 1-2 inches apart.

Any suggestions?

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:50 PM

ann, i could not spend $500 for a veil...that is insane...can you post a pic of what i looks like...there are custom veil makers that i am sure can replicate...veils are soooo easy to make if you have the right equipment and materials.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 anaderoux

anaderoux
    • 3,220 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:55 PM

NOOOO don't spend that on a veil.. let me see if I can find something simmilar to the description.. though it would be better if you posted a pic.. or do you have a pic of your dress? I think I haven't seen it

#4 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:59 PM

Here you can costumize something like that and I chose silver edge and peals accents and it's $72

Fingertip Length Veil--Std. Fullness--1 Layer--42"

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:59 PM

i may have taken a picture last time i tried the dress on (i forgot my camera this time). let me see if i can find it ...

i know the name of the designer too - but i can't remember it right now!

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:04 AM

ok, here are the only pictures i have

Click the image to open in full size.

#7 anaderoux

anaderoux
            • 3,220 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:16 AM

These are also from veilshop.com and you can order in ivory..

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:18 AM

thanks Anny - I will check this place out. i told them i'd think about it - and call back by the end of Feb. i just can't justify paying that much - and i will only wear the veil for like 30 min!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:57 AM

I think the designer is Toni Federici ... I am on a hunt now!

Oh, and if you go here, I think it's the 10th picture to come by - at least the edging looks like it - press

#10 gkashmira

gkashmira
                  • 1,962 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:09 AM

I wonder if you can get them to take more money off. The veil I wanted was also like 600 but they took off $300... I wonder if you can get them to bring down the price even more...
                    Kashmira & Dan
                    Happily married since June 16, 2007
                    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users