What time are/did you start(ing) your ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,921 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:54 PM

Im cheating. I just said "at sunset" on everything I am sending out now. I am planning on giving an itinerary in the welcome basket so they will have it when they get to Mexico. I fugure, that's all they need to know, and sunset sounds so romantic.

One piece of advice was to ask your photographer what time to insure the best lighting for pictures. I believe the photographer had told me around 4:30-5pm in February.

#12 KatyKo

• 851 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

We are getting married at 5pm. One...so it won't be too terribly hot (although I'm sure it will still be hot) and two...so there is enough lighting for photos after the ceremony.

#13 kisa

• Banned
      • 75 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

Thank you ladies. This is all soo very helpful! I think we shall settle on 4:30pm to allow for transportation from Hacienda San Angel to Casa Valerie as well as pictures.

Thank you again.

#14 kevsgirl

• 1,209 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:13 AM

Oh no.... We set our ceremony for 3:30, thinking that it might be delayed because of the judge getting there late, etc.
          Now I'm worried it'll be way too hot

#15 meghanmbm

• 203 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:18 PM

We are getting married at 5pm, that way no one gets heat stroke.
            Live every day like the next will never come.

#16 kisa

• Banned
            • 75 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:49 PM

maybe I will change it to 5pm. I hear 8:30pm is sunset in PV.

#17 karahmia

• 163 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:31 PM

Hi Kisa!

Not sure if this helps since we're marrying in Oct and you're in April, but we're getting married between 4-4:30pm at the Hacienda. Since we're both marrying in the chapel I'll be sure to let you know how it is.

#18 mforbes

• 187 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:46 AM

Our ceremony starts at 4:00pm- that's the latest our resort will allow...

#19 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:15 AM

We are hoping to have our ceremony at 3:30-4pm so we can still have enough time to get pics done. We are getting married in November though, so the hot sun is at about 2pm. I also talked to the photographer and asked them when they would suggest having the ceremony so we still have good light for the pics.
                    My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users