Photo

Having Legal Ceremony at court house in US but Religious In Cabo

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 sweetiepeetie

sweetiepeetie
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:29 PM

I have seen a lot of people on other sites say that they are having their actual marriage take place before leaving, to avoid hassels in Mexio. That way they have a religious ceremony in Mexico with family and friends. Are any of you doing this?

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:30 PM

i am! my legal ceremony is next weekend, and my religious (huge catholic) wedding is august 9th in los cabos.

#3 newprincessbride

newprincessbride
    • 110 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

Yes, we are having the legal ceremony at the end of August and the symbolic ceremondy when we get to Mexico.

#4 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

Yes, we are too.

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Just Martha
        Yes, we are too.
        ....except you're getting married in Tulum.

#6 Aimless911

Aimless911
        • 391 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:16 AM

Question to add onto this...we are planning to do the same....marry here in the states and then have symbolic ceremony in Mexico....right now we are planning for the states wedding to occur AFTER we return from Mexico...that shouldn't screw anything up should it!? Since the Mexico one is just symbolic... We will always refer to the Mexico one as our true anniversary....but am I not thinkin of something else here!? hahahahaha

#7 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
          • 672 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:39 AM

I spoke with FH on this issue as I never thought of getting married here first before I saw this forum. We both agreed to do one day only and in Mexico, I am hoping no one had any issues of this being legalized here...my friends got married in ZIH 4 years ago and it wasn't an issue so we are going to go with it.

#8 newprincessbride

newprincessbride
            • 110 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:48 AM

When we went to get our marriage licence the officant asked us when and where we were getting marrried. We told her Mexico and she suggested that we have the legal ceremony in the States. She added not to make any name changes until we returned. She also stated that was the best way to do it (in her opinion).

#9 jmill130

jmill130
              • 601 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:08 AM

We are doing the same... getting married next week and then having the ceremony in Cabo on August 2nd. We will always think of 08-02-08 as the day we got married. Best of luck to you!

#10 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                • 2,183 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

I did the same thing. We went to the JP of the peace the Friday before we left and had a symbolic ceremony in Cabo. Made things a lot easier. Welcome to the forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users