That is great you qualified for the free cocktail hour. We are getting a free private function so we decided to add in a welcome dinner that will be a private event instead of at a restaurant which was my original plan. We are going to send our guests to the main lobby to kill time while we are taking pictures so no need for a cocktail hour for us.
I think our OOT bags are a pretty good gift/favor in itself. We are also sending out luggage tags with the pre-travel brochures, will have silk fans on the chairs during the ceremony and I think I might get pashminas for all the ladies. I just read on here that someone had them embroidered with their names and they had them hanging on the chair so people knew where they were sitting at the reception. Such a cute idea so I might have to steal it.
My To Do List...
- still have to work on our music playlists for the welcome dinner, ceremony and reception
- finish buying a few little things for the OOT bags and put them all together to see how they look
- waiting for my dress and BM dresses to come in
- figure out what I am wearing under the dress
- figure out what I am wearing in my hair (pin, clip, barrette, flower)
- finalize the centerpieces (changed my mind so many times)
- take BD photos and prepare the album to give to FI
- move to new apt
- get legally married
- attend bridal shower
- get hair done (colored, highlighted)
- buy stuff for vacation (bikini, dresses, etc.)
- and do lots of stuff for AHR - especially narrow down the guest list and order invites
That is all the main stuff I can think of at the moment.
Originally Posted by MarTeeNi007
OMG time is flying by... I still can't believe the day is here. Today I "officially" got married in City Hall. I opted not to go through the Mexican system. It was soo easy to get married in New Jersey. I'm very excited!
I was told that my coordinator is Edith. I have yet to be contacted by her, but I've been working with Iliana over the past month or so making my selections and approving the purchase order. I'm truly excited because I qualified for the cocktail hour. I know you have mentioned in the past you have yet to get people to officially confirm they are going to your wedding. Well its 3 weeks away and I'm now starting to see people make their arrangements. So take it from me you will have your stragglers.
I'm still not sure what to do about favors. I'm doing the maracas which I'll buy in Playa del Carmen, but I wanted to give my guests a little something else. Any ideas? Also I have to make my arrangements for my transportation fom my home to airport and airport to my home. I'm actually flying out with some family members and we live very close to each other so I'm thinking shuttle van. I have to create my music playlist. I'm using my iPod for music. I have other details here and there, but its a matter of getting them done. I also go for my last fitting on Monday. I leave Sunday the 23rd.
What else do you have left?