Photo

aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#1951 jszy10

jszy10
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:12 AM

ahhh!! I'm a little afraid of my luggage situation.  I actually grabbed out a carry on the other day and started putting in my OOT bag stuff and it was full before I knew it!!  Do you think they would let you bring your wedding gown, a purse AND a carry on!?!?!  I'm doubting that would be allowed...

#1952 sxcT

sxcT
    • 1,282 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:23 AM

OMG I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!  Can't wait to hear from you when you get back and I'm dying to see pictures. 

I can't wait to have that feeling and get to pack and have everything done and ready to go.  6 months to go LOL.

Originally Posted by n4turally 

OMGGG I Can't either!! Officially at single digits!!! :)  I am getting so excited, last night we packed everything, and thankfully, although I'm bringing so much, I was able to pack most of it into 3 carry ons and 1 extra suit case... LOL.. we are having my parents help us with other stuff, and I actually decided I am going to pack the flowers (3 bouquets, 5 bouts, 2 small bouts and 4 blossom heads, ayi ayi ayi!! LOL) in my carry-on.  I told Tommy that if TSA makes me pull everything out for inspection I'm just going to have to do it! :)  I know that everything will fall into place and everything will work out... in the meantime, gel mani/pedi this weekend, last session of tanning, waxing and then off we goooooooo! :)  I can't wait, these days are just flying by!!

#1953 n4turally

n4turally
      • 92 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by jszy10 

ahhh!! I'm a little afraid of my luggage situation.  I actually grabbed out a carry on the other day and started putting in my OOT bag stuff and it was full before I knew it!!  Do you think they would let you bring your wedding gown, a purse AND a carry on!?!?!  I'm doubting that would be allowed...

Worst case scenario, I'll just hand off my carry-on to someone else although I do not plan on taking a purse... Tommy will probably hold all of the important stuff we'll need with us... but I guess I should think about that, hmmm, my father in law won't mind rolling around a pink carry-on, right? ;)

Originally Posted by sxcT 

OMG I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!  Can't wait to hear from you when you get back and I'm dying to see pictures. 

I can't wait to have that feeling and get to pack and have everything done and ready to go.  6 months to go LOL.

Thank you so much hun!!! :)  Trust me, time is going to fly!!  Your turn will be here soon enough!! :D

#1954 jszy10

jszy10
        • 1,192 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

Yeah, I actually just planned on passing off a carry on to either my maid of honor or bridesmaid to take on the plane for me.  I'm sure your father-in-law will look great with pink luggage! lol

Originally Posted by n4turally 

Worst case scenario, I'll just hand off my carry-on to someone else although I do not plan on taking a purse... Tommy will probably hold all of the important stuff we'll need with us... but I guess I should think about that, hmmm, my father in law won't mind rolling around a pink carry-on, right? ;)

#1955 adales

adales
          • Site Supporter
          • 545 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

Luckily, we have 12 people on our flight with us so I plan on tasking each of them to take a carry-on.  I also went and bought 3 large rubbermaid bins that have the lock on lids (that are in the checked baggage size requirements) and I plan on filling those up.  That way if I need to leave them behind after the wedding, it won't matter.  I got them on sale at Target for $6.99 each. 

Yeah, I actually just planned on passing off a carry on to either my maid of honor or bridesmaid to take on the plane for me.  I'm sure your father-in-law will look great with pink luggage! lol

#1956 jszy10

jszy10
            • 1,192 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

We have 11 other people on our flight, so I am hoping to have them all help me as much as possible too!  If it comes down to it, I like the idea of filling and taking a bin that I could leave there.  Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by adales 

Luckily, we have 12 people on our flight with us so I plan on tasking each of them to take a carry-on.  I also went and bought 3 large rubbermaid bins that have the lock on lids (that are in the checked baggage size requirements) and I plan on filling those up.  That way if I need to leave them behind after the wedding, it won't matter.  I got them on sale at Target for $6.99 each. 

#1957 n4turally

n4turally
              • 92 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:02 AM

Yup, that's what we're doing - Best Man + Hubby + Bridesmaid/Me or FIL... :)

We also have 12 people flying with us so I'm assigning luggage to them to take as well! ;)  I didn't know you could check in rubbermaid bins!! That's awesome, I would've done that had I known you could do that.. what airline are you flying?

#1958 adales

adales
                • Site Supporter
                • 545 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

We are flying on Virgin Airlines. Check with you airline and see what their restrictions are for luggage.

#1959 J-me

J-me
                  • 398 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

What a great idea!! I would have never thought about rubbermaid bins, but it makes the best sense...I still have nearly a year to go, but I'll have to remember this!

#1960 jszy10

jszy10
                    • 1,192 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:56 PM

Yayyy!!!!  Wilma just emailed me to set up our wedding planning meeting!!!  That means its getting close!! :o)  6 1/2 weeks to go!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users