Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Oh No!!! He did mention to me that he did your make-up for the trash the dress and he didn't think you liked it.  I forgot all about it until you just mentioned it.  

 

I only wear Mally make-up so I made him use my make-up for the wedding.  But I was also on him about it every step of the way!  Way back when, I used to be a make-up artist.  I was planning on doing my own make-up until I met him and he did a trial run for me.  I was thrilled with the result. 

 

Sorry you had such a bad experience with him.

 

Oh and I saw your ceremony!  We were watching from above.  You looked beautiful!!!  Loved your chair decorations embarrassed.gif

 

Originally Posted by breeburns View Post

Lol your post with all your wedding photos was not up on my comp when I posted!!!
Loved the set up! You looked gorgeous!!
Okay funny story about your makeup guy - he did my makeup for my trash the dress day and it was horrible!! I looked like a transvestite! I ran out of the salon after I tol him it was bad, ran to my friends room with my head down and face covered and she couldn't stop laughing!! I wish I took a picture! I was orange and my eyeliner was so thick and rummed all they way around my eyes!!! So yeah I washed my face and did it myself! I'm do glad he did yours extremely well!! He also did Brad sisters makeup the day I my wedding and did a great job so he must have been off his game or something! Also I asked for light and beachy makeup because my wedding day makeup was fairly heavy (gorgeous but I was afraid too much would melt in the water) and I wanted something different from my wedding photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I had all my own makeup too! I even showed him the colours for my eye makeup but he never used it lol!! I could only laugh and still am fine that I did my own - it makes for a funny story (I wish I took a picture of it!!! We were gone all day on the Thursday for our TTD and your wedding day I wished I could have watched! I loved my ceremony (Chichen Gazebo)!! Our friends set our ceremony and reception decor up (they wanted $300 for what little things I brought). I loved my starfish - sad that I left them there! I needed room in my suitcase for my dress on the way home. The only complaint we had for the ceremony was the minister lady was so friggen religious!! Brad and I were both raised catholic but we aren't religious at all so we asked for non religious and got her talking about god and saying prayers the entire time. I can't lie I don't know really what she was saying as he and I spent the entire time chatting to ourselves! But I know the vow part started like "before god..." so basically ladies if you aren't religious really stress it to your wedding planner about how important it is that there is no mention of god etc. it was very odd for us. And she said my name wrong the entire time!! She did ask brad before the ceremony how to say our names (and she wasn't even Mexican, she was from the states), my dad halfway through also stopped the ceremony to correct her pronunciation and then she introduced us with the wrong last name! Again he and I just laughed, we are fairly easy going people! Again makes for funny stories!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, You have to laugh some stuff off.  We had a different officiant.  I don't recall any overly religious stuff.  She did do a mexican reading that she said is done at all mexican weddings. It was actually very quick.  We also had my sister do a reading, which was nice.

 

Our officiant was a Mexican female and our funny story is that she and our best man were wearing the same pink guayabera shirt! 

Originally Posted by breeburns View Post

Yeah I had all my own makeup too! I even showed him the colours for my eye makeup but he never used it lol!! I could only laugh and still am fine that I did my own - it makes for a funny story (I wish I took a picture of it!!! We were gone all day on the Thursday for our TTD and your wedding day I wished I could have watched!
I loved my ceremony (Chichen Gazebo)!! Our friends set our ceremony and reception decor up (they wanted $300 for what little things I brought). I loved my starfish - sad that I left them there! I needed room in my suitcase for my dress on the way home.
The only complaint we had for the ceremony was the minister lady was so friggen religious!! Brad and I were both raised catholic but we aren't religious at all so we asked for non religious and got her talking about god and saying prayers the entire time. I can't lie I don't know really what she was saying as he and I spent the entire time chatting to ourselves! But I know the vow part started like "before god..." so basically ladies if you aren't religious really stress it to your wedding planner about how important it is that there is no mention of god etc. it was very odd for us. And she said my name wrong the entire time!! She did ask brad before the ceremony how to say our names (and she wasn't even Mexican, she was from the states), my dad halfway through also stopped the ceremony to correct her pronunciation and then she introduced us with the wrong last name! Again he and I just laughed, we are fairly easy going people! Again makes for funny stories!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Chase,

 

 

I am a little nervous!! Myself and all of our guests are staying on the cove side because we have a couple children coming, and we definitly drink and I was looking forward to the swim up bar.

 

Is this really closed as you said in your review???

(The Cove side swim up bar is closed along with the brick pizza oven)

 

I emailed Cristina my wedding coordinator, but the more I hear about this resort, the more nervous I am getting!!!!

 

Thanks & if you have any comments/feedback about the Cove side that would be great to hear:)

 

 

 

Originally Posted by chase414 View Post

Wedding Day!

We had a ceremony at the Chichen Gazebo.  What I wish I had know prior to arriving (but worked out for us because we had music and an extra usb drive) is that your guests are asked to arriving to the Gazebo 30 mins prior to your ceremony time.  They will not release you from your room until all the guests have arrived.  So if you don't want your guests sitting around without music, bring a usb drive that they can use with the sound system at the ceremony.  They may take other forms of music but didn't ask.

 

I didn't end up getting out of our room until 4:10 and our ceremony was supposed to start at 4:00.  The saxophone player was late!

 

But it all worked out and it was all so beautiful.  I can't wait til we get back our video and pictures from the resort!  

 

909.JPG1123.JPG1094.JPG

 

Our after the ceremony reception was held at the Pandero Terrace.   I loved this spot and so happy with our choice of location!

I'm also thankful, that I had a change in dresses!  By the time the ceremony and photo session was over I was soaked.  It was very, very hot in my gown.

 

237 - Copy.JPG

We also hired the Mexican Trio and had our fireworks at this location! It was wonderful.366.JPG392.JPG

We had our dinner reception at the El Greco on the lower outdoor terrace.  We had this area to ourselves and it was wonderful.  After we sat down the waiter let us know that the chef would prepare a special menu of Filet Mignon and Grilled Shrimp for us!  They had the champagne flowing all night as well. (I did request the lower terrace and wasn't sure that we would get it until we showed and saw that the area was set up for us.)

698.JPG702.JPG

 

 

Just a few more things you should know:  

The Cove side swim up bar is closed along with the brick pizza oven.

The Rock Climbing Wall is also closed, but it made for a great photo op!

975.JPG

 

And one more thing, Angel at the Salon did my hair and make-up!  Also, knows how to apply false eyelashes.  He's the best!! I love him.

645.JPG646.JPG

 

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  I'll be more than happy to help in anyway I can.

 

If you would like feel free to check out all of our photos at our photo share site.  I have over 1000 pics on there between us and our guests!  They're also broken down into event albums.  They may give you a better idea on what the areas look like with decorations!  

 

www.tammyjeffreylaporte.shutterfly.com

 

Good luck ladies!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately, the swim up bar and brick oven pizza is closed.  However, the waiters and waitresses can bring you drinks.  And there is a snack bar open at the pool.  They serve pizza but not from the brick oven.  They also have a children's pool area with a really cool water slide!  The cove side pool is 3x larger than the spa side. This may be a plus or a negative but there was hardly anyone at this pool. Probably because the swim up bar was closed.  I really like the Cove lobby.  They have a pastry cafe and a children's area near the front entrance with marshmallow lolly pops.

 

The cove lobby bar area is much nicer than the spa lobby bar.

 

They do offer babysitting services.  The children's pool and children's clubhouse is fenced off so if you had them with the sitter it would be very safe.  The resort is beautiful.  Also, the breakfast buffet on the cove side is geared towards children.  They'll love it, frosted muffins, homemade donuts, waffles, candy!

 

The resort is beautiful and if you go to the front entrance roads around 4:30 or 5 you'll see the monkeys!  They also offer a monkey tour on Mondays at 5pm.  We didn't do the tour but we did go and see them on our own one day.  

 

Have faith, they may have it all up and running by the time you get there.  Even if it's not I think all your guests will have a great time!  The food at the resort is better than most we've been to!  There are so many more positives than negatives :)  

1011.JPG

Originally Posted by SarahWitt View Post

Hi Chase,

 

 

I am a little nervous!! Myself and all of our guests are staying on the cove side because we have a couple children coming, and we definitly drink and I was looking forward to the swim up bar.

 

Is this really closed as you said in your review???

(The Cove side swim up bar is closed along with the brick pizza oven)

 

I emailed Cristina my wedding coordinator, but the more I hear about this resort, the more nervous I am getting!!!!

 

Thanks & if you have any comments/feedback about the Cove side that would be great to hear:)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Chase!!  Sarah we have to have a little faith!!  Think positive vibes!  I'm getting so excited and can't wait to leave!  We don't leave until Sunday crybaby2.gifI really have to get in gear this week and get all my bags organized, and start packing.  Can't wait to be at the poolbar, no matter what side it's on!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you!!!

 

That helped put me at ease a little. Once I get there and get a feel for everything I am sure I will feel better. I am more concerned about my guests really than myself lol, so I am having faith everything goes well.

 

Thank you for all of that, it did help!! I am glad you ladies had a great experience!!

 

Yes, I cant wait to leave, I am itching to get into the sun and have some drinks:)

 

We leave Saturday morning, bright and early, so we will see you Sunday and the rest of the week!!! I am hoping I dont forget anything lol!!

Originally Posted by chase414 View Post

Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately, the swim up bar and brick oven pizza is closed.  However, the waiters and waitresses can bring you drinks.  And there is a snack bar open at the pool.  They serve pizza but not from the brick oven.  They also have a children's pool area with a really cool water slide!  The cove side pool is 3x larger than the spa side. This may be a plus or a negative but there was hardly anyone at this pool. Probably because the swim up bar was closed.  I really like the Cove lobby.  They have a pastry cafe and a children's area near the front entrance with marshmallow lolly pops.

 

The cove lobby bar area is much nicer than the spa lobby bar.

 

They do offer babysitting services.  The children's pool and children's clubhouse is fenced off so if you had them with the sitter it would be very safe.  The resort is beautiful.  Also, the breakfast buffet on the cove side is geared towards children.  They'll love it, frosted muffins, homemade donuts, waffles, candy!

 

The resort is beautiful and if you go to the front entrance roads around 4:30 or 5 you'll see the monkeys!  They also offer a monkey tour on Mondays at 5pm.  We didn't do the tour but we did go and see them on our own one day.  

 

Have faith, they may have it all up and running by the time you get there.  Even if it's not I think all your guests will have a great time!  The food at the resort is better than most we've been to!  There are so many more positives than negatives :)  

1011.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chase,

 

Since you did get married on the Cove side in the Coba Gazebo, throughout the whole experience, what do you wish you would of known beforehand? Is there anything you would of changed?

 

We are having a cocktail hour on the Cove Terrace Friday night, then Getting married in the coba gazebo at 6pm on saturday, then dinner at the Maracas Terrace after with Mariachies, then going indoors for a dance party with a DJ.

 

Any suggestions, feedback, comments that you have not mentioned yet would be amazing!!!!!

 

Thank you

 

Sarah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if you didnt get married on the cove side/Coba gazebo, I think I was reading my own profile lol. I was typing and not really processing/thinking!! So much to do before Saturday my mind is all over the place!!!

 

Originally Posted by SarahWitt View Post

Chase,

 

Since you did get married on the Cove side in the Coba Gazebo, throughout the whole experience, what do you wish you would of known beforehand? Is there anything you would of changed?

 

We are having a cocktail hour on the Cove Terrace Friday night, then Getting married in the coba gazebo at 6pm on saturday, then dinner at the Maracas Terrace after with Mariachies, then going indoors for a dance party with a DJ.

 

Any suggestions, feedback, comments that you have not mentioned yet would be amazing!!!!!

 

Thank you

 

Sarah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Sarah,

We married at the Chichen Gazebo and I loved it!  (They may consider this the cove side as well)  

 

I have to honestly say that all of my events far exceeded my expectations!  I brought so many of my own decorations and gave Karime (she was the best!) instructions on how I wanted everything set up.  I was sure something would have been done wrong, but everything was set up just as instructed and perfect!

 

The only thing, like I said, I wish I would have known earlier that our guests had to be at the ceremony site 30 mins early.  But we had the music situation covered so it wasn't a big deal.  If we didn't have the extra usb stick and music already, I would have had poor Jeff running around Playa del Carmen to get it.

 

Some things you should know about the resort credits and your wedding contract:

 

1.  If you purchased a wedding package they state that you can use the resort credit towards your wedding package.  This is true but what they don't tell you is that they don't refund your money that you've already paid.  What they do is put your money in an account that you can spend at the resort. This worked out for us anyway because we had over $2,000 in wedding extras, but if we didn't we would have had to find a way to spend the money. 

 

2.  If you have a group contract that states that they will be crediting you complimentary rooms post travel due to the amount of rooms your guests have purchased, don't plan on getting that money refunded to you either.  They say they'll put the money in an account for you to spend at the resort or use for future travel. Jeff fought this and they are supposed to wire the money into our checking account.  We're yet to see this money.

 

3.  They just started a new 11% charge on use of your resort credits starting April 1st.  If you booked prior to then this will not apply to you.  However, they put it on your account and are supposed to take it off at the time of check out.  Some guests had it removed others had to argue to have it removed. But they will remove it.

 

4.  You are permitted to use $300 of your resort dollars at the fine jewelry stores but only on diamonds and gold.  Also, you can negotiate prices in this store!  Do not pay full price.  You do have to pay 11% taxes.

 

5. You are permitted to use $100 of your resort dollars in the silver jewelry stores.  Again an 11% charge.  You can negotiate prices in these stores too.

 

6.  There is no longer a limit on the dollar amount to be used in the spa.  You can spend all of your resort dollars there.

 

7.  Do plan on spending a significant amount of time in the vacation planners office to either confirm your spa apts or book them.  I HIGHLY advise that you book your spa apts on-line in advance!!  If you don't have the e-mail address to do this let me know and I'll give it to you.  Otherwise the chances of getting the apt time you want is very slim!  You can reserve your guests apts. on-line in advance as well and then when they check in they can go to the vacation planners office to confirm them and get their tickets.  

 

 

My only other words of advice that I can think of right now is DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT!  

 

I asked to have Tres Leches for cake and I received it.

I also asked if they could dye the flowers in my bouquet hot pink and they did.  I also asked for hot pink ribbon around our bouquets and they did that too!

 

Everyone from the waiters, bar staff and assistant WC's went out of their way to make our events very special.

 

Don't be afraid to ask any other questions and if I think of something else, I'll post it.

 

Good luck!

 

 

Originally Posted by SarahWitt View Post

Chase,

 

Since you did get married on the Cove side in the Coba Gazebo, throughout the whole experience, what do you wish you would of known beforehand? Is there anything you would of changed?

 

We are having a cocktail hour on the Cove Terrace Friday night, then Getting married in the coba gazebo at 6pm on saturday, then dinner at the Maracas Terrace after with Mariachies, then going indoors for a dance party with a DJ.

 

Any suggestions, feedback, comments that you have not mentioned yet would be amazing!!!!!

 

Thank you

 

Sarah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hundreds of years before, the basic jewellery were made out of seashells and bone, trees and animal skin. In the ancient times, the Egyptian jewellery first came into existence. Egyptian culture inhabited technology, gemstones, and precious metals early in comparison to other places. They were inspired by the culture of royalty and aristocracy which led to thinking noble like having a deep appreciation for luxury. This made them create impactful jewellery and leading trends. Copper was the first metal that came into existence through which we as humans got so many jewellery items.  However, the major focus on jewellery came when they discovered gold. This allowed the Egyptian to rule as the first jewellery maker. The ancient Egyptians valued adornment and were worn by both men and women.  Material and metals: The plethora of material which was used in the making of this Egyptian jewellery was basically gold and silver. Egyptian has mostly attracted towards gold and the availability of silver was less in Egypt as compared to any other place. The colour variation was due to the mixing of elements such as alloys like copper, iron, silver into gold.  Charm jewellery: It was then also an interesting concept to have charms in necklaces, bracelets and other jewellery items. It’s just they were made up of stones and precious or semi-precious jewellery. In this picture above the necklace is adorned with precious stones in different charms shapes. Gem and stones: The more royal pieces of Egyptian jewellery were adorned with the precious jewellery items. The gemstones were semi-precious stones, precious stones are other various gems. The most prized stone were lapis lazuli, rock crystal, and pearls. Emeralds were also found in these jewellery pieces. These were made from ground quartz and then molded into expensive gemstones. They are also used as charm jewellery when molded or carved in different shapes.
    • Congratulations! Where you are you getting married? 
    • It’s my wedding five months from now and we badly need ideas because everyone’s mind is not working right now and I, as the bride, cannot even think of what I really want to have on my wedding day. I want something simple yet unique. Something that suits for Colombian women and bride. Can you help me out with this? Thanks! I will really appreciate your comments!
    • I know it is really tough job to get everything at best cost. I would like to suggest to contact local wedding planner or decorators to get the quotes. It will take some time but by comparing different quotes you will get the best package.
    • If you want to enjoy your wedding then go for a dance floor. It is a precious moment of your life and you should enjoy it.
  • Topics

×