• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 mlabbe

mlabbe
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:22 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shonda
    Do they take just colors, or do they take some black & whites, etc.?
    All colour photos can be converted to B&W, it's very easy and can even be done when you go to the printer. On the other hand, you can't shoot in B&W and than convert to colour. You should have no problem with having the photographer shoot in colour only - it's like getting twice the photos for the price of one!

#22 shannontx

shannontx
    • 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

They would only give the digital pictures in color. I'm sure you could get them in black and white. They did show us a lot of pictures in black and white but said it would be a waste to give us pictures only in black and white when its so easy to convert them on your computer.

#23 JennLizFran

JennLizFran
      • 49 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

Those are really good pics! Congrats! :)
        Sandals Royal Carribean July 10, 2010 - Looking to share a Photographer!!

#24 kimberlyg

kimberlyg
        • 23 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A VIDEO? From Beaches Turks and Caicos Please share.  Thank you so so much!

#25 JB321

JB321
          • 85 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:45 AM

I am also very concerned about the photos. I saw a few and some were nice and others were not the best. It wasn't the best quality. I guess it depends on your taste. I want very artistic/ natural photos and less posed.

Since we ca';t choose our own photographers I guess you have to HOPE that you get a good one. I chose their biggest package, but am also going to try to do my best to bring in my own photographer as well since photos are my biggest concern. I don't want to risk it.

#26 wilsonj2

wilsonj2
            • 191 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:37 AM

Hey JB,

I am also bringing my own photographer. She will be staying as a guest at my wedding, and I will decline any photography from Sandals, so my friend can do her thing without anyone in the way.  Pictures are SO important to me, and the Sandals ones I've seen are just okay snapshots, definitely not artsy or natural (my style).  I am super excited to have someone who I know will have my best interests in mind!

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#27 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
              • 1,131 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

I'm still on the fence with this....I really have been going back and forth...back and forth...I don't know what to do.

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#28 cocoeubanks

cocoeubanks
                • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

I do some freelance photography and am wondering if they'll let me take my own photos. I know I wouldn't be able to capture the ceremony, but I can easily use a tripod and a timer to get shots identical or better to the "candid" ones I've seen. I just can't see spending that kind of money for something I can do myself...thoughts?

#29 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:47 PM

I doubt the will give you a problem especially since you are the Bride.

Originally Posted by cocoeubanks 

I do some freelance photography and am wondering if they'll let me take my own photos. I know I wouldn't be able to capture the ceremony, but I can easily use a tripod and a timer to get shots identical or better to the "candid" ones I've seen. I just can't see spending that kind of money for something I can do myself...thoughts?

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#30 wilsonj2

wilsonj2
                    • 191 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by cocoeubanks 

I'm sure they will let you...you're the bride!!!  I just worry that will add to your stress.  I've also heard that the Sandals photogs can be kind of pushy/hard to work with when there is another photographer trying to get the same shots.  That's why I'm signing the form to opt out of the Sandals photography.

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users