My dog was bitten... :(

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:41 AM

First, I am glad Jackson is OK. Second, I agree with the girls. You can tell her withough making it a big deal.

#22 Dez921714

Dez921714
    • 1,489 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

I'm so glad the furbaby is home and Ok!

I agree. Tell your friend that he had to have staples, but don't make it a big deal. At least she acknowledges that the dog has issues and will take the right steps next time someone with a dog is around (chaind up and muzzle), it's unfortunate that she had to find that out via your baby. If she offers to pay the vet bill you can accept or not (say something like "don't worry about it, but the money towards Cuba")...or maybe offer to split it if she won't take no for an answer.

Do all you can to keep him from scratching it!! Maybe show him the pics of Daisy's bucket as a warning that if he scratches, that could be him!!!! LOL
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#23 Amarillis

Amarillis
      • 1,913 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

Thank you for all your kind words - Based on your advice, I have responded to the owner as follows:

Hey

Jack went to the vet yesterday and had to get stitched up , he'll be fine; "kids will be kids" when they are all playing like that it is to be expected. Jack thinks he is a big dog... :)

The muzzle thing maybe be a good idea, b/c although it was upsetting that it happened to jack, it would be terrible for it to happen to one of the little ones running around the cottage. I don't think that Sophie would bite a kid, but that if a kid was between the dogs when they are rough like that... you know what i mean?.

Don't worry about it - everything is cool. I appreciate the check-in!

Talk soon. Aim

#24 Dez921714

Dez921714
        • 1,489 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:10 PM

Good response...I like the "kids will be kids" part :)
          http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

#25 Amarillis

Amarillis
          • 1,913 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:18 PM

Thanks Dez!
            Your support means a lot!

#26 Dez921714

Dez921714
            • 1,489 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:23 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Amarillis
              Thanks Dez!
              Your support means a lot!
              That's what we're here for

#27 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
              • Banned
              • 1,051 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:39 PM

Awww, I am glad your little one is ok :) I know how scary it is (especially when they are small) My little Harvey who's 9 lbs got attacked by the neighbor dog who's like 75 lbs. I scooped him up in my arms and the dog lunged at both of us. I went and confronted the neighbors and they said it was my dogs fault. WTF? I was SO pissed I can't even tell you. You will be able to pick him up soon, and he'll be fine!

#28 Dez921714

Dez921714
                • 1,489 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Davematthews16
                  Awww, I am glad your little one is ok :) I know how scary it is (especially when they are small) My little Harvey who's 9 lbs got attacked by the neighbor dog who's like 75 lbs. I scooped him up in my arms and the dog lunged at both of us. I went and confronted the neighbors and they said it was my dogs fault. WTF? I was SO pissed I can't even tell you. You will be able to pick him up soon, and he'll be fine!
                  First, why wasn't that dog fenced in or on a leash? Second, you are really lucky that dog didn't do harm to you.

I hate people like your neighbor! Our Daisy is a Pit Mix and we used to take her to the dog park but we don't anymore. One of the main reasons we don't is because she's part Pit. Even when other dogs start with her, she'll automatically be wrong because she is an "evil" Pit...This is the same pit that plays with my sisters 7lb Pomeranian and my FI's sisters 5lb silky terrier and EVERYONE at our vets office says she is one of the sweetest dogs they've ever seen (which says a lot since they see a LOT of dogs).

But like most dogs, she has some issues, so we avoid certain situations because we know how she is.

#29 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

dez - thats ashame about your dog. Pits really do get a bad rap. It's not the breed that would so much make a dog aggressive, its people that train their dog to be that way. It's ashame a lot of people don't understand that and just assume your dog can't be trusted.

Amarillis - i'm glad that Jackson is doing good. Your response to your friend was good. She needed to be aware that it was a serious bite and you let her know. It was a very nice, polite email so it shouldn't offend her in anyway.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#30 Amarillis

Amarillis
                    • 1,913 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:06 PM

Yeh... I just didn't want to offend her - or in any way suggest that I was looking for veterinary compensation. She is a good friend of our family and I know how terrible she felt when the whole situation occurred.

I also totally agree that pit’s (and rottie’s) get a bad rap! I think that a dogs behaviour is 90% dependent on the way in which it is raised.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users