Who is your Wedding Coordinator?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa09

• 22 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:35 AM

Maui brides, I know quite a few are going to the Seawatch, I'm pretty sure I'm going there also. Did your coordinator book that or did you do it on your own. Also myself and someone else are looking at Precious Maui Weddings but no one seems to know about them.
    How did you pick your coordinators and why, there are so many to choose from.

#2 Sherry

• 390 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:53 PM

I booked the Seawatch on my own, because we had already selected it, and since we knew what we wanted, there didn't seem much point in adding 20% or whatever it is in fees for the WC to book it. For the actual ceremony though, we're using A Dream Wedding: Maui Style as WC's. I went with them because a friend of mine at work used them for her wedding. She has great taste and raved about what a great job they did, so that was good enough for me. I felt better going with a referral than with a completely unknown vendor.

#3 callasm

• 23 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

I booked Lori Lawrence as my wedding coodinator.

#4 JayBee

• 238 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:07 PM

I'm searching for a wedding coordinator too, and that in and of itself is daunting. I've emailed a couple of WC's on the island where we want to get married (Kauai) after looking at dozens of their websites and searching all over for recommendations. I checked to make sure the ones I'm contacting have good standing w/ the BBB, and set up phone interviews w/ them- for tomorrow! Hopefully I'll have a better sense as to what an independent WC will cost and what they'll offer. I don't know if it's better to book the place ourselves or have the WC do it for us...

#5 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

I went with a WC who is local here, but has been arranging Hawaii weddings for over 20 years.. she came recommended by a high school classmate who used her too..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users