Yikes!! I am going to end up KILLING our wedding tour company!

Hey Ladies,

So get this - we got a group rate for our wedding at Riu Palace in October using the *birthday special* that the tour company, Sunquest, was offering when we arranged our rate. My TA gave me the contract once we had 10 people booked, and no where in the contract did it say WHEN the birthday prices expired. My TA told me that guests should ideally book before Aug 31st in order to get the group rate.........SUNQUEST DECIDED TO REMOVE THE DISCOUNT ON MY GROUP RATE LAST WEEK!!!!! Now i have a whole group of people that haven't booked yet, that WONT book because the prices went UP $400!!!!! I am livid, and my TA is trying her best to get Sunquest to give us our rate back...I can't believe they are going to ruin my wedding! They said prices and taxes are subject to change, but its really not fair that they didn't give us any conditions, like 'book by June 20th to get the group rate' at which most people would have done that....anyone else experienced this or can help me get out of this?!?!

*sigh*

I hear yah! Sunquest moved my flight date then tried to up the price $400 as well. My TA fought like crazy and got them to honour the price because we did have the 10 deposits already in. Sunquest let us keep the price the same but then gave us 3 weeks to get all the bookings then the price went up $150 with another 4 weeks to book. After that the $400 extra would be charge to anyone else booking. It sucked and there were alot of phone calls being made but we already knew who was going so it wasn't hard to get them to put there deposits down earlier then they thought. Trust in your TA, Sunquest seems to be a little forgiving. But make sure your TA keeps an eye on them changing departure dates as another bride on here got her departure date changed a number of times by Sunquest.

Thanks for that email Sara! I sent it to my TA, and she told Sunquest that I have posted my concerns in the bridal forum (hopefully they start sweating a bit since it should very well screw up some business for them if they don't resolve it). We haven't heard back from Sunquest yet, but hopefully they have something for us on Monday. We had our 10 deposits in MONTHS ago...they didn't even put an expiry date for the *special* they claim they gave us in the contract...not sure how they can justify this price increase!!

Update:

My TA got Sunquest to honour the initial group rate that we have but ONLY until this Thursday!! So we have a group of people that should REALLY make up their mind within the next few days lol. After that, the rate jumps up an extra $400. They are also warning us that Sunquest only has 16 rooms left in their 'block' at the Riu Palace. If our guests book after Thursday, or the 16 rooms left sell out, then they have to pay the higher rate.

*sigh*

Nadia