Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#6701 dirtymartini

dirtymartini
  • Newbie
  • 67 posts

    Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:53 AM

    Has anyone heard anything about the two photographer companies that Azul works with, Caribe or Matias Cano?

    #6702 renee1811

    renee1811
    • Member
    • 539 posts

      Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

      Oh my gosh, I am SOO behind on all of these posts! The end of the semester is nearing, which equals many evenings after work of me hanging out in the library writing papers, boo for grad school!

      Wendy, OMG, I am SOOOOO happy for you! Have an absolutely amazing time, and I cannot wait to hear all about your amazing wedding when you come back!!!

      #6703 KittenHeart

      KittenHeart
      • Sr. Member
      • 3,103 posts

        Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:02 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz
        Guys, I am WAY behind on invitations! HELP!!!! Can anyone give me some suggestions
        Hi! My name is Theresa. I am knew to BDW, and am trying to find a location with my fiance. We have looked at a number of places online, including Azul Sensatori. We have seen mixed reviews of the venue so I thought I would look at this thread. (I tried reading all the posts, but there are 670 pages! :) ). We like what the resort has to offer, but would like some honest reviews. Any tips, advice you have would be appreciated!

        Thanks!
        Hi Theresa!

        This is definitely a question for past brides here which they do stick around a little. I am just going to go ahead and say that I personally have not heard of a bad wedding review from any of the girls that got married on this site. Most of the wedding reviews are glowing and gorgeous reflections of their perfect day.

        I would suggest you search BDW planning threads, some of the past AS planning threads on here are just amazing.

        Side note for us AS thread girls, KatKen's AS wedding got published in a wedding mag, so exciting!

        #6704 amybermuda

        amybermuda
        • Member
        • 870 posts

          Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by dirtymartini
          Has anyone heard anything about the two photographer companies that Azul works with, Caribe or Matias Cano?
          They both seem to pretty new but I have heard good review from caribe, nothing from the Matias Cano. If you have the money or if pictures are very important to you, I would bring your own photog down with you.

          #6705 amybermuda

          amybermuda
          • Member
          • 870 posts

            Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

            Lindz,

            Have you bought them yet? Personally, I throw out every wedding invite I receive after the wedding (even my sister's). I hope that helps you GET ON IT and just send them out. Your "will you be a bridesmaids" messages in a bottle were amazing, but a quick invite with a web address to your wedding website and your TA's contact details are all your guests need.

            Put all your addresses in an excel spreadsheet and use the mail merge function to print labels. I used "dafont.com" to download a cute font and printed the labels from my computer and used them. No way was I going to hand write all of those addresses.

            Lastly, if this does not work, GO GREEN, and send e-vites.

            Come on girl - this weekend - you can get it done!!!!

            loads of support girlie from me

            #6706 amybermuda

            amybermuda
            • Member
            • 870 posts

              Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by KittenHeart
              Hi Theresa!

              This is definitely a question for past brides here which they do stick around a little. I am just going to go ahead and say that I personally have not heard of a bad wedding review from any of the girls that got married on this site. Most of the wedding reviews are glowing and gorgeous reflections of their perfect day.

              I would suggest you search BDW planning threads, some of the past AS planning threads on here are just amazing.

              Side note for us AS thread girls, KatKen's AS wedding got published in a wedding mag, so exciting!
              Hi Theresa!

              Congrats on looking at AS! I would echo Amy's comments that Trip Advisor seems to be a bit off on its reviews. Here is what I did to overcome the Trip Advisor crap - I looked up places I had been before and tried to determine if I agreed with the comments. It seems to me that a lot of the negativity is geared towards billing errors or travel companies people booked through and its not really a fair assessment of the hotel. I hate when people complain that they closed restaurants b/c they were not a full occupancy. I personally think that eating in a quiet empty restaurant while on holiday would SUCK! Who wants to vacation in a ghost town

              Anyhoo, look at the reviews from past brides here and also on Trip Advisor. They will tell you what you want to know. Also, there seem to be good reviews from ppl who went to weddings as a guest there.

              I personally had a friends younger brother go there this late summer-ish time and he loved it!

              Good luck with your search :)
              Amy

              #6707 ~Katie~

              ~Katie~
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,225 posts

                Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:06 PM

                hey girls....I HAVE MY DRESS!!! IN MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!! it feels amazing!! :)

                so, as promised, here are some pics of my hair trial which hopefully the hairdressers at
                the resort will be able to recreate...
                Click the image to open in full size.

                Click the image to open in full size.

                Click the image to open in full size.

                Click the image to open in full size.

                I love it! and when I tried my dress on before I tried the jewellary on with it and it looked perfect...then today I took my tiara and tried it on with the dress and again i thought it looked perfect. the outfit is finally coming together :)

                Good luck with your final fitting Amy!! it's Thursday isn't it?

                #6708 ~Katie~

                ~Katie~
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,225 posts

                  Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

                  oh, and I will also have had my highlights redone the week before we go!! haha bit of roots going on there!

                  #6709 amybermuda

                  amybermuda
                  • Member
                  • 870 posts

                    Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:42 PM

                    Katie!!! Those curls look great! I am sure they will be able to replicate it in Mexico.

                    Do you have a good hairspray you use? I use a Frizzease one (not sure they have in UK) -0 but anyways - I am bringing my own hairspray b/c I know mine holds up against humidity and am not taking a chance with the hotels. You will definitely want something strong so your curls stay so bouncy! Are you considering taking your hair out after the ceremony? The bachelorette pix look amazing :)

                    #6710 meghan

                    meghan
                    • Member
                    • 832 posts

                      Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dirtymartini
                      Has anyone heard anything about the two photographer companies that Azul works with, Caribe or Matias Cano?
                      I haven't heard great things about them, and after viewing their photos, I didn't think they were spectacular. However, it depends on what you want for photos and if it's worth it to pay the extra money, which can be A LOT! I prefer more artsy photos, and I found their photos pretty ordinary.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ~Katie~
                      hey girls....I HAVE MY DRESS!!! IN MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!! it feels amazing!! :)

                      so, as promised, here are some pics of my hair trial which hopefully the hairdressers at
                      the resort will be able to recreate...
                      Click the image to open in full size.

                      Click the image to open in full size.

                      Click the image to open in full size.

                      Click the image to open in full size.

                      I love it! and when I tried my dress on before I tried the jewellary on with it and it looked perfect...then today I took my tiara and tried it on with the dress and again i thought it looked perfect. the outfit is finally coming together :)

                      Good luck with your final fitting Amy!! it's Thursday isn't it?

                      omg I love love love your hair. You look like a real princess :) Can't wait to see it all put together! And your hair looks so fantastic I didn't even notice the roots lol




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users