Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

I did it! Well, I finally ordered my invites anyway. Ha. Ha. After taxes and a couple of extras I added on, I went a little above budget but what else is new? Oh well. On to the next tasks: photog and bridesmaids dresses! Wish me luck.

Crista!!!! Congrats and welcome to the club. Being a mom is so amazing! Glad you are still moving forward with the wedding and the date. My only advice to you is to try and figure out a sleeping strategy at least for one week out. The first couple of months that little baby will be up every couple of hours to eat. You have to make sure that your fiance is helping. (You don't want to have those new mom bags under your eyes for photos.) I am not sure how much your parents are willing to help but if you don't plan to nurse, perhaps they can keep the baby for a night or two before the ceremony.

Either way I am sure you will figure it out. But I am hear if you have any questions you want to ask about what to expect with a newborn. (My little booba James is 8 1/2 months old.) And I know this sounds crazy but hemmoroid (sp?) cream does wonders for under eye bags/circles. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
I did it! Well, I finally ordered my invites anyway. Ha. Ha. After taxes and a couple of extras I added on, I went a little above budget but what else is new? Oh well. On to the next tasks: photog and bridesmaids dresses! Wish me luck.
Congrats! It's always nice to get something accomplished! I just selected our save the dates and am waiting on a mock-up! So exciting!

Revising my budget and decided to do a more updated "guest count." I put that in quotes because right now I have 15 rooms booked so about 27ish guests and we had originally expected close to 80 ppl. Now reviewing the list, looks much more like we'll have around 50. That's fine...actually helps a ton with the budget BUT looking at the guests who have confirmed or told us that they were going to attend...it's pretty much all my side! AHHHH! I feel so bad for Stephen. I don't know why his family all the sudden can't make this happen. He isn't home right now but he is going to be heartbroken when I tell him that his cousin declined.

What should I do about this? Should I encourage him to invite more people. (He had originally wanted to but I discouraged him bc of size and budget.) Should I email some of his friends and tell them to start booking. Maybe that wil even things out and make him feel a little better. I totally expect atleast a handful or more of his friends to make the trip but with none of them having paid, make me really nervous.

Has anyone else experienced a lop-sided RSVp situation?

Hi Everyone,

I leave tonight!!! I get married on Monday!!! argh!!!!! Sorry I haven't written on here much but i dont know what I would have done without this forum!! Its been so nice to hear that everyone else was going through the same emotional roller-coaster. I should be excited but im a little nervous - there are some really bad reviews on trip advisor at the moment and the weather forecast gives rain there for the next 7 days!!! I live in the UK, the whole point of us booking a wedding abroad was to avoid the rain!! hahaha! Oh well, what will be, will be :-)

Thank you all for the posts - Kittenheart- thanks for the photographer recommendation, Chris is flying out on Sunday!! :-)

I will post a review and pics as soon as I can ( I always loved the reviews and pics) :-)

Thanks once again!! :-)

Anneliese

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Alrighty girls, it's time for me to check out, unwind, have some cocktails in the Mexican sun, and marry the love of my life!!! I have been on cloud 9 all day today, people say I'm glowing! It helps that my staff threw me a surprise party tonight, which was just the sweetest thing.

Some of my family is already there, and when I talked to them today, they just raved and raved and raved. HOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAY! I guess we done good :)

Good luck with all the planning over the next couple weeks! AmyKH and Katie, I can't wait to hear where you're at when I get back! I think you're up next!!!

Thank you for keeping me sane, ladies. I wish I could take you all with me!! We'd have one hell of a good time!!!! grouphug.gif

smile29.gif smile123.gif WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!
OMG...I am literally soooo excited for you!!! you're going to have an amazing time and I cannot even begin to imagine how excited you must be feeling RIGHT NOW!!! ahhhh!!!

and yep, me and Amy are next :) thewave.gif

have a fabulous time hunni. enjoy every second and I can't wait to hear (and see!) all about it when you're back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I think Katie and I really are next, my stomach just tightened a little!
After 3 Amy...breeeattthhhee!! lol

I nearly fainted when I realised I only have 12 days left at work and FI only has 9!! crap that's close!!! lol

Quote:
Yay! Yay for all of that. So happy things are starting to shift. And your wedding is soooo soon!
oooo I'm loving you girls getting excited about mine and Amy's wedding - it makes me feel like 'right, this is it. this is really it'!!!!!!!

thank you :)

Quote:
Good luck with the bridesmaid dresses and photog!! make sure you post pics for us all to 'oooo' and 'ahhhhh' over :)

Quote:
And GIRLS...can I say OMG. I went away for a day or two and I can't keep up with all these posts. You are posting like mad women. :) I know, there's a lot going on which means so much for me to catch up on.
haha I feel like that after the weekend as I don't get on here for a few days!

Quote:
Revising my budget and decided to do a more updated "guest count." I put that in quotes because right now I have 15 rooms booked so about 27ish guests and we had originally expected close to 80 ppl. Now reviewing the list, looks much more like we'll have around 50. That's fine...actually helps a ton with the budget BUT looking at the guests who have confirmed or told us that they were going to attend...it's pretty much all my side! AHHHH! I feel so bad for Stephen. I don't know why his family all the sudden can't make this happen. He isn't home right now but he is going to be heartbroken when I tell him that his cousin declined.

What should I do about this? Should I encourage him to invite more people. (He had originally wanted to but I discouraged him bc of size and budget.) Should I email some of his friends and tell them to start booking. Maybe that wil even things out and make him feel a little better. I totally expect atleast a handful or more of his friends to make the trip but with none of them having paid, make me really nervous.

Has anyone else experienced a lop-sided RSVp situation?
Hi Amanda, my advice would be if it's getting one-sided and some people are declining, say to your FI 'as so-and-so has declined, is there anyone you would like to invite in their place' - that way it should not affect the budget but gives him a chance to get some people there from his side. We've been replacing people 'like for like' and it's really helped us manage our budget, as well as making declines so much easier to deal with as now we get excited as we can choose someone else to invite instead!! hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneliese26 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I leave tonight!!! I get married on Monday!!! argh!!!!! Sorry I haven't written on here much but i dont know what I would have done without this forum!! Its been so nice to hear that everyone else was going through the same emotional roller-coaster. I should be excited but im a little nervous - there are some really bad reviews on trip advisor at the moment and the weather forecast gives rain there for the next 7 days!!! I live in the UK, the whole point of us booking a wedding abroad was to avoid the rain!! hahaha! Oh well, what will be, will be :-)

Thank you all for the posts - Kittenheart- thanks for the photographer recommendation, Chris is flying out on Sunday!! :-)

I will post a review and pics as soon as I can ( I always loved the reviews and pics) :-)

Thanks once again!! :-)

Anneliese
GOOD LUCK!!!! are you carrying your dress on the plane - if you are I'd love to here how that went as I've got to do the same thing!! and I'm sure the weather will hold off for you :) I'll be sending you all my sunshine vibes!

have a fab time! xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Alrighty girls, it's time for me to check out, unwind, have some cocktails in the Mexican sun, and marry the love of my life!!! I have been on cloud 9 all day today, people say I'm glowing! It helps that my staff threw me a surprise party tonight, which was just the sweetest thing.

Some of my family is already there, and when I talked to them today, they just raved and raved and raved. HOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAY! I guess we done good :)

Good luck with all the planning over the next couple weeks! AmyKH and Katie, I can't wait to hear where you're at when I get back! I think you're up next!!!

Thank you for keeping me sane, ladies. I wish I could take you all with me!! We'd have one hell of a good time!!!! grouphug.gif

smile29.gif smile123.gif WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to have an AMAZING time and a PERFECT weekend!!!! SO happy for you and love your positive outlook on everything. Your hubby is very lucky man!! We love you! thewave.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenK View Post
Thanks for the info! I'll email Sensatori to ask them. Would you book a resort hoping that not all guests go?? That makes me nervous but I really like a smaller resort!
Jen, we thought we wouldn't have a lot of people to invite... but when we finished our lists - it was over 200 people!! And only 40 of them are coming!! DON'T stress over this, I did too but in the end, people just can't fit it in their schedules/budgets.

For this reason, we're planning on doing an At Home Reception - something small but we definitely need to celebrate with family & friends that couldn't make it down. Don't know when or where yet, but it's something we have to start planning!