• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#5521 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:46 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amybermuda
    Mark has this really THICK hair and when he needs a hair cut I call him the Lego Man b/c it looks like that hair from a lego person you could take on and off when you were a kid...... Anyways - we just ordered our Lego man and lady from eBay and that is going to be our cake topped :) I'll post a picture when we get them in the mail!!!
    LOL! I love it! That is totally cute and unique :)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by taylorwd
    You all at AS must have a lot more cake choices than we have at AB. Your hazelnuts and other unique flavors sound amazing!!! I'm quite jealous. At AB, we get to choose between 5 cakes, all either vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry.

I sent them pics of two absolutely gorgeous but simple cakes to get them priced, and they came back being twice as expensive as their own cakes. Ridiculous! Imo, they were simpler than the ones they offer but one thing for sure about Karisma, they really stick you with a high price tag if you deviate from what they offer!
    No, I believe we actually have the same exact options. My tactic is just telling them what I want (flavor and whatnot) and if they say it can't be done, fine but I got the total green light when I told them hazelnut with strawberries, couldn't believe it!

Also... I got reaaaaaaaallly lucky because the cake I absolutely LOVE was a cake done for a previous couple at AS that I saw in a Elizabeth Medina slideshow from there. So I sent them the cake that they had already done and had them make tweaks to it. My WC also has been successfully negotiating prices down for me. She got my cake cheaper and my chairs for almost half of what they quoted her... I don't know how she does it but she is the absolute BEST! We've become really good friends too in the last year, I'm sure that helps :)

#5522 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
    • 821 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:01 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amybermuda
      Mark has this really THICK hair and when he needs a hair cut I call him the Lego Man b/c it looks like that hair from a lego person you could take on and off when you were a kid...... Anyways - we just ordered our Lego man and lady from eBay and that is going to be our cake topped :) I'll post a picture when we get them in the mail!!!
      This is too cute! SO creative!! Can't wait to see pics.

#5523 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
      • 821 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by KittenHeart
        LOL! I love it! That is totally cute and unique :)

No, I believe we actually have the same exact options. My tactic is just telling them what I want (flavor and whatnot) and if they say it can't be done, fine but I got the total green light when I told them hazelnut with strawberries, couldn't believe it!

Also... I got reaaaaaaaallly lucky because the cake I absolutely LOVE was a cake done for a previous couple at AS that I saw in a Elizabeth Medina slideshow from there. So I sent them the cake that they had already done and had them make tweaks to it. My WC also has been successfully negotiating prices down for me. She got my cake cheaper and my chairs for almost half of what they quoted her... I don't know how she does it but she is the absolute BEST! We've become really good friends too in the last year, I'm sure that helps :)
        Can you become good friends with my WC once I start ordering all this stuff?!?!? That's so awesome!!

#5524 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
        • 821 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by taylorwd
          This is the one thing that bugs me about AB. People pay all this money to get mediocre rooms. I want a jacuzzi in my room damnit! But, I figure that since this is truly the only thing on my "Do Not Like" list about AB, it's worth staying for all the other reasons I love it.
          You're so right! I think everyone has SOMETHING they dislike about their resort. One of my "must haves" was a liquor dispenser and a Jacuzzi in each room (obviously that was at the bottom of my list, but still). WOW, have another, huh? haha I have no clue why...I just thought that was really cool. My resort does not have that great of a balcony, which I am super bummed about. I love nice balconies!!!!

#5525 taylorwd

taylorwd
          • 932 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KittenHeart

Um, are you referring to Tiffany? Surely not.

#5526 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
            • 821 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:07 PM

Man, I thought for sure I would get some kind of "prize" for reaching 500 posts.

#5527 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
              • 3,103 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz
                Can you become good friends with my WC once I start ordering all this stuff?!?!? That's so awesome!!
                LOL! Sure :) I sent my WC an e-Valentine's Day card, that's how much I love her :)

#5528 amandamarieb

amandamarieb
                • 239 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:16 PM

Who's your WC? I am working with Tiffany. Hoepfully she'll be as helpful as yours!
                  Amanda ~ Marrying Stephen on October 10th 2010 at Azul Sensatori

http://tickers.Ticke....ded6/event.png

#5529 renee1811

renee1811
                  • 539 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

AmyB, I am doing mainly just the workout. My FI and I have been eating way better, but we're not strictly following the diet. I have not had any soda, fast food, or ice cream for three weeks--this is a new record for me, lol! Also, Expedia has rooms open at AB the weekend of your wedding--I'm sure someone can get those rooms for you!!

#5530 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
                    • 821 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:52 PM

Here are my Save the Dates!!!! whew, so glad I am done...
                      http://bestdestinati....-resort-55483/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users