Just found this website and thread this evening, and wow, so much info! Sorry upfront if this is a long message!
I'm planning our Azul Sensatori wedding for September 2017 and have most of the big decisions made:
- Always and Forver package
- cocktail reception at Palapa Yoga the night before the wedding as a welcome reception for everyone
- ceremony at Zocalo Gazebo at 6:30 pm
- private dinner reception at Plaza Zavas at 7 pm (we were bummed there was no time for a cocktail reception in between the two events, so moved it to the evening before)
I had originally been picking out decor on the lomas travel website as well as planning on bringing down additional items, but now I'm re-thinking things and wondering if I should be bringing more in myself. Honestly, I didn't know/realize that their prices were really high, I just figured, it's a wedding, everything is expensive..so I had a few questions for past brides...
- what was the set up fee they charged for bringing in your own decor?
- a lot of you mentioned that you brought in your own organza to use for the sheers for the gazebo, chair bows, table overlays, etc...did you have these all pre-cut to the correct dimensions or did you just hand them the bolt of fabric and let them do it all?
- do they pack up all of the items and return it to you?
- what sort of lighting is there at the Plaza Zavas at night?
So far, we were planning on bringing decor for the tables including: little glass votive candles with LEDs, string lights, luminary bags with LEDs for around the pool, artificial succulents to place around the tables.
Also, Flowers...I've been going back and forth with my WC about bouquets...I send a picture showing the colors I want, saying that it doesn't have to be those exact flowers, but just whatever they usually use, but in those colors...and she send back an insane quote for the exact bouquet that was in the picture. How did you all get the bouquets you wanted? Asked for the exact flowers and in what colors, or let them design something? I'm so lost with this part.
Thanks in advance for any/all help and advice!!