19268 replies to this topic

#18281 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:23 PM

Carrie, I tbink what you have is fantastic :) I have similar colors -- fuschia, orange and turquoise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#18282 carrieandsam

carrieandsam
  • 208 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationNewport Beach, California

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

@linaco80
I believe CJ said she used the same ones I just posted and used around 24-28. So if you use 8 and 12 inch you might to go upwards to 30-35 plus extra in case some break. That happened to me today:/
I actually only ordered what you see in the picture. I just wanted to get an idea of how it all looked. Depending on if I need a large amount I might go with orientaltrading since they sell them in sets of 6 for $10 or something inexpensive like that.
#calgarybride2015 thank you for the sweet comment

#18283 linaco80

linaco80
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

@carrieandsam I just looked at CJ's profile and was unable to find the sizes she got...I read so much all the time and then forget  where I read it ...I exactly forget when I am ready to place orders ugh!!! 

I dont know how many I should order, I had something like 25 for 12" I just dont want to make a mistake

Anyways...I agree and love your colors...Oriental Trading might have super duper deals!

Check my planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...-planning-tips/
    event.png
    [/url]

#18284 carrieandsam

carrieandsam
    • 208 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

go back to november 30

#18285 linaco80

linaco80
    • 264 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:40 AM

go back to november 30

@carrieandsam page 1818 Dec 02 ...Yeah you were right! glad did not ordered yet. I will order 25 based on a Facebook comments...Now I am also looking into Xmas lights dont know what to order if regular or LED. 

Found it :)

Cj wrote:

"No worries. I stressed over this and bought so many different colors to see what I liked before finally deciding. (Side note...we brought fishing line so they could hang the lanterns) I bought pink, mint and white. 12in, 16in, 20in. If I remember correctly I think we decided to not use all of the 20 inch as they were pretty big. I would not go smaller than 12 in. We bought 28 lanterns but I think we only used 24 of them. Sorry it's been a few months so hard to remember. We did not buy lights for the lanterns. The center lantern they put up was on a light, so it lit up."

Edited by linaco80, 03 January 2015 - 06:41 AM.

event.png
      [/url]

#18286 AllieH

AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:06 AM

hey Carrie - I used the orange ones from luna bazaar - here's the color (same as the parasol): 

No caption

and here's how they looked hanging up (at EDR). I also had various sizes. 

love all of your colors!!! 

on the DIY throws - many of mine had the paper slip out and they "turned on" in transit to Mexico. so several of them had dead batteries for our wedding. not a huge deal as I made plenty extra. you may want to hold off on making those until much closer to your date, or if you can wait until you get there even. 

I ordered some paper lanterns from paperlanternstore.com. These are the colors I am using and might mix in some white or rose quartz from lunabazaar.com The orange is not the orange I am looking for so I am ordering another orange from lunabazaar.com. I ordered 20inch, 16inch and 12inch. Not sure I am a fan of the 20 inch and might replace it with 14 inch so there is only 2 inch difference in the sizes. Also resting against the orange lantern are the fans I will have at each place setting at the reception and these fans come with an organza baggy that has a thank you tag. I will place LED throwies in these too. Once I make those I will post ;)

attachicon.gif20 inch 16 inch and 12 inch from paper lantern store.jpg

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#18287 linaco80

linaco80
      • 264 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:59 AM

@linaco80 by chance can you remember the month "floating candles" was talk about? If so I can go back in look. Let me know if you remember:)

Look at page 1787

@AllieH Hi :) how did you make the throws? was it easy ? it seems complicated lol

Edited by linaco80, 03 January 2015 - 07:53 AM.

event.png
        [/url]

#18288 carrieandsam

carrieandsam
        • 208 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:45 AM

@linaco80 go back to page 1827, for the fit throwies murmel posted instructions from a blog. There are some good articles on how to make them;) plus where to buy the supplies also thank you for posting the page number on the floating candles.

@AllieH I ordered the mango orange about a month ago to test our colors for parasols and that color is defiantly the Orange I am looking for. Thanks.

#18289 linaco80

linaco80
        • 264 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:03 AM

@carrieandsam Thank you!!! I was just on page 1827 when I read the notification...Im on it ;)  .. I feel a bit nervous because  time to order stuff is now....R u gettting table clothes or something to accentuate the tables?? I want submersible lights too for my center pieces..

event.png
          [/url]

#18290 carrieandsam

carrieandsam
          • 208 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

@linaco80
          I found submersible lights at www.birando.com not sure if Katy has them. I defiantly want to use them in centerpieces, it would help light up the table. I found a runner at bbjlinen.con I really liked that is mexican themed and has all my colors. I have a few ideas in my head so I am waiting til I go down in March to see what looks best. I can't decide if I want he runner on just white cloth and yellow napkins or the runner with a yellow overlay and white napkins or have the runner and alternate overlay color between yellow and my blue. With the different color of overlays I fear it would not look like a wedding but on the flip side I am going for very bright vibrant color...
          But lomas does have organza overlays so I think it would still look elegant eithereay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users