Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#1701 YaelM

YaelM

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

    Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

    Kittenheart - if its the same as Azul Beach the left over $ can only go towards rooms and not the wedding, so you should have a pretty good idea of how many to block. I think you have until 90 days before the wedding date to cancel without penalty.

    #1702 melissa.crossley

    melissa.crossley
    • Newbie
    • 6 posts

      Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

      Hi! I'm a newbie and just joined this forum...my FI and I recently did a site visit for Azul Sensatori and we both fell in love with the resort and all the different wedding/reception venue options! We decided Azul is where we want our destination wedding...but after reading so many posts, it seems Fabio & the other wedding coordinators are difficult to get a hold of and aren't really on top of things, is that pretty much correct? I called & emailed Fabio a few times last week to see if we could get some price quotes and see if they have Jan 2nd 2010 open for our wedding date and have yet to hear anything from him. Should I just be patient? Can anyone tell me how they went about reserving their wedding date and how they got price quotes? Is there a specific travel agency we have to work with?

      Any info you can provide is much appreciated! We're in the very early stages of planning and I want to make sure Azul Sensatori is the right place for us! Thanks so much!

      Attached Files



      #1703 Meesh

      Meesh
      • Newbie
      • 30 posts

        Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

        Hi girls,
        Is anyone doing paper lanterns for their centerpieces at the reception? If so, what size and shape are you doing? Also, has anyone heard from Tiffany lately? In the past, she has been really good about emailing me back within 24 hours, but I emailed her at the beginning of the week, but still haven't heard back from her. I know that a lot of people have been experiencing this issue, but I hadn't until now. I was just curious if she has been in contact with people this week and if I should email her again.

        Also, has anyone actually paid in full yet. I have only heard of 1 person who has paid in full and has been confirmed for their reception site. I am concerned because my wedding is at 5pm and there is another wedding at
        6pm. I just want to make sure that I get the reception location that I want.

        Thanks!

        #1704 beckerba

        beckerba
        • Banned
        • 47 posts

          Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

          Hate to beat a dead horse, but can folks tell me (if you are booking Zolcalo); if your doing the plaza or terrace? I am trying to finalize my reception and figure out which one I should choose if at all...

          thanks again.
          Bree and Nick
          October 9, 2009

          #1705 beachbride2009

          beachbride2009
          • Banned
          • 228 posts

            Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

            Hi beckerba...i sent the photos to you days ago but I think they must have been rejected due to size so I'm resending them. Sorry about that!

            #1706 beachbride2009

            beachbride2009
            • Banned
            • 228 posts

              Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Meesh
              Hi girls,
              Is anyone doing paper lanterns for their centerpieces at the reception? If so, what size and shape are you doing? Also, has anyone heard from Tiffany lately? In the past, she has been really good about emailing me back within 24 hours, but I emailed her at the beginning of the week, but still haven't heard back from her. I know that a lot of people have been experiencing this issue, but I hadn't until now. I was just curious if she has been in contact with people this week and if I should email her again.

              Also, has anyone actually paid in full yet. I have only heard of 1 person who has paid in full and has been confirmed for their reception site. I am concerned because my wedding is at 5pm and there is another wedding at
              6pm. I just want to make sure that I get the reception location that I want.

              Thanks!
              Hi Meesh, I plan on using paper lanterns too. I haven't bought mine yet, my wedding isn't until Nov, when is yours? I want to make sure not to get them too big so people can't see over them and across the tables. I saw a picture of the table size they use set for 8 gueses and it looks like 10 or 12 inch lanterns would work well, depending on if you're having anything else in the middle.

              #1707 katken

              katken
              • Jr. Member
              • 268 posts

                Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:39 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by melissa.crossley
                Hi! I'm a newbie and just joined this forum...my FI and I recently did a site visit for Azul Sensatori and we both fell in love with the resort and all the different wedding/reception venue options! We decided Azul is where we want our destination wedding...but after reading so many posts, it seems Fabio & the other wedding coordinators are difficult to get a hold of and aren't really on top of things, is that pretty much correct? I called & emailed Fabio a few times last week to see if we could get some price quotes and see if they have Jan 2nd 2010 open for our wedding date and have yet to hear anything from him. Should I just be patient? Can anyone tell me how they went about reserving their wedding date and how they got price quotes? Is there a specific travel agency we have to work with?

                Any info you can provide is much appreciated! We're in the very early stages of planning and I want to make sure Azul Sensatori is the right place for us! Thanks so much!
                Hi Melissa! I'm glad to hear that you fell in love with Azul Sensatori on your site visit! That makes me very happy! Did you take any pics? We'd all love to see them if you don't mind posting.

                The off-site wedding coordinators are slow to respond. I would make sure to have a travel agent get involved with getting your wedding date reserved. Mine has been great with working with the resort, and she also helped me fill out the short form to reserve my date from the Karisma website. I don't know if that's the process Karisma is still using to reserve dates or not, but until I got a travel agent involved, I couldn't get Fabio to respond.

                Although it's very frustrating that the off-site coordinators don't respond in a timely matter and sometimes don't even answer your questions when they do respond, if you poke around the forum enough, you'll notice that almost all of the brides from all of the Mexican resorts are slow to respond. I think they're just overwhelmed and probably understaffed. The good news is that although the off-site coordinators are a little more difficult to work with, everyone says that once your down there, everything turns out perfect. I'm chalking it up to be just part of having a destination wedding and I'm just trying to relax and not get too upset about it.

                Hope that helps! Good luck to you!

                #1708 Meesh

                Meesh
                • Newbie
                • 30 posts

                  Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

                  Thanks Beachbride. I agree that the 10-12 inch would work the best. I just wanted a seperate opinion. It's hard to buy things when you're not sure how big everything is. Thanks!

                  Beckerba-I am planning on having my reception on the Plaza. I wanted it to be outside, but didn't want it on the beach. I liked the lighting that was also included in the Plaza area. It made everything look so beautiful. I also have only adults coming to my wedding so the bathroom location isn't really a big issue. If you had kids I can understand though why you might want to be closer to a bathroom, which Zolcalo would probably be a better fit. Hope this helps.

                  #1709 beachgal

                  beachgal
                  • Newbie
                  • 1 posts

                    Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:45 AM

                    Hello Ladies:
                    I am a newbie to the site and I am having my wedding at the sensatori April 17. If there is anyone who has already had their wedding there, can you please send me your impressions. IF I have to rely on my experiences to date I am real nervous. Dealing with Fabio has been a nightmare.

                    Many Thanks.

                    #1710 melissa.crossley

                    melissa.crossley
                    • Newbie
                    • 6 posts

                      Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:31 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by katken
                      Hi Melissa! I'm glad to hear that you fell in love with Azul Sensatori on your site visit! That makes me very happy! Did you take any pics? We'd all love to see them if you don't mind posting.

                      The off-site wedding coordinators are slow to respond. I would make sure to have a travel agent get involved with getting your wedding date reserved. Mine has been great with working with the resort, and she also helped me fill out the short form to reserve my date from the Karisma website. I don't know if that's the process Karisma is still using to reserve dates or not, but until I got a travel agent involved, I couldn't get Fabio to respond.

                      Although it's very frustrating that the off-site coordinators don't respond in a timely matter and sometimes don't even answer your questions when they do respond, if you poke around the forum enough, you'll notice that almost all of the brides from all of the Mexican resorts are slow to respond. I think they're just overwhelmed and probably understaffed. The good news is that although the off-site coordinators are a little more difficult to work with, everyone says that once your down there, everything turns out perfect. I'm chalking it up to be just part of having a destination wedding and I'm just trying to relax and not get too upset about it.

                      Hope that helps! Good luck to you!
                      Thanks so much katken! I didn't have a chance to take pics of the resort, we totally forgot our camera, whoops. After reading some wedding reviews, I feel way more confident about choosing Azul Sensatori - sounds like all the brides had amazing experiences! YAY :) Thanks for the advice about having my TA get in contact with the coordinators - I emailed her this morning and she is already on top of it! This thread is awesome!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users