Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19268 replies to this topic

#15181 GinaP

GinaP
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by jsal4 

I have found a way to get the fire dancers without having to pay a fortune. Thanks to you girls, a little research and some number crunching I figured it out. I found a company Fresa Weddings (great reviews online & very prompt to responding to emails). The company quoted me $650 for the fire dancers for a 25 minute show. I also noticed that they did flowers, cakes, and decorations, so I priced them against what I was getting at Sensatori.

Then I saw a post about the free Welcome Cocktails and someone using it for the wedding cocktail hour. (I was using mine for the day before.) I contacted my wedding coordinator at Azul and asked if I could use that free cocktails for my wedding cocktail hour instead...and she said yes! That is saving me about $1,200.

With Azul I would have gotten the flowers, sheers for the gazebo and a cocktail hour, but going with Fresa Weddings  I am getting the flowers, sheers for gazebo, cake pops, and a fire dancer show for only $300 more. And yes, the price difference does include the vendor fee.

YAY!

Jsal4_ Did Azul charge you just one vendor fee or one for each service? My WC is telling me that Fresa is not allowed to do anything for the wedding even with paying the vendor fee! So frustrating! 

#15182 GinaP

GinaP
    • 55 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by jsal4 

I have found a way to get the fire dancers without having to pay a fortune. Thanks to you girls, a little research and some number crunching I figured it out. I found a company Fresa Weddings (great reviews online & very prompt to responding to emails). The company quoted me $650 for the fire dancers for a 25 minute show. I also noticed that they did flowers, cakes, and decorations, so I priced them against what I was getting at Sensatori.

Then I saw a post about the free Welcome Cocktails and someone using it for the wedding cocktail hour. (I was using mine for the day before.) I contacted my wedding coordinator at Azul and asked if I could use that free cocktails for my wedding cocktail hour instead...and she said yes! That is saving me about $1,200.

With Azul I would have gotten the flowers, sheers for the gazebo and a cocktail hour, but going with Fresa Weddings  I am getting the flowers, sheers for gazebo, cake pops, and a fire dancer show for only $300 more. And yes, the price difference does include the vendor fee.

YAY!

Jsal4: Is Azul just charing you one vendor fee? Did you get it in writing? My WC said that I can not use Fresa that I have to use Lomas! So frustrating! 

#15183 MishMash

MishMash
      • 72 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

How did you ladies go about getting a signature cocktail? I didn't even know that was an option?

When you meet with your WC in Mexico they will ask you of you want one, and when to serve it.

#15184 jsal4

jsal4
        • 87 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Yes, I am allowed to use Fresa - sorta. I am only paying the vendor fee for the fire dancers and Fresa is dropping off items (cake pops, sheers, and flowers), but not allowed into the resort. I even asked my WC twice and have it in writing that it is OK.

I am not sure why they are allowing me and not anyone else to do the same?!?!

"Where there is love, there is life."

#15185 deborahanne312

deborahanne312
          • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

Music: I used Lomas DJ and they were awesome! no regrets about it at all.

Sand Ceremony: Was included and they took care of everything! You get to pick one color of sand. The other color is natural. I even brought some of my own sand and they put it all in nice bottles along with their provided sand. We LOVE our sand bottle!

#15186 deborahanne312

deborahanne312
            • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

I just had my wedding and used Lomas. They did everything perfect! I will say I felt like I was being "forced" to use Lomas when I was planning and was scared about their quality of service beforehand, but it was AMAZING. You have nothing to worry about at all. Don't waste your money on an outside vendor fee.

DJ: played every song at the exact certain times I asked for. Even found some really strange requested songs.

Flowers: absolutely beautiful.

Table arrangements: looked very nice. I opted for the "basic" package and it exceeded my expectations.

We also got the trio of singers and they were a HUGE hit. So was the donkey.

Lomas really has their act together and the hotel wants you to go with lomas so that they KNOW you will get what you ask for. If something goes wrong, they will figure out a way to make it work. Whereas, if you book and outside vendor and they don't show up, you get nothing.

We did have a small issue with our dance floor, and because we used Lomas, we were 100% reimbursed.

#15187 tkuzma

tkuzma
              • 418 posts
              • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by kathryn83 

Amanda finally got back to me and said that I can't have decorations dropped off in the lobby even, without paying an $800 vendor fee. My question of, how can you charge a vendor fee when you don't allow them on the property to be a vendor? was answered with "put your complaint in writing."

She was even less helpful on the phone than she is in email.

Kathryn, I just had a thought on how you might be sneaky and get away with bringing in these decorations into the resort- can you arrange a meet up with this vendor outside of the resort in one of the towns? Then you can bring the stuff back yourself and say you bought them while you were out shopping!

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#15188 murmel

murmel
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 1,407 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
              • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by deborahanne312 

I just had my wedding and used Lomas. They did everything perfect! I will say I felt like I was being "forced" to use Lomas when I was planning and was scared about their quality of service beforehand, but it was AMAZING. You have nothing to worry about at all. Don't waste your money on an outside vendor fee.

DJ: played every song at the exact certain times I asked for. Even found some really strange requested songs.

Flowers: absolutely beautiful.

Table arrangements: looked very nice. I opted for the "basic" package and it exceeded my expectations.

We also got the trio of singers and they were a HUGE hit. So was the donkey.

Lomas really has their act together and the hotel wants you to go with lomas so that they KNOW you will get what you ask for. If something goes wrong, they will figure out a way to make it work. Whereas, if you book and outside vendor and they don't show up, you get nothing.

We did have a small issue with our dance floor, and because we used Lomas, we were 100% reimbursed.

When was your wedding? You managed to get the donkey bar??? We had wanted that, but when we tried they said the Donkey bar was no longer available.

Originally Posted by tkuzma 

Kathryn, I just had a thought on how you might be sneaky and get away with bringing in these decorations into the resort- can you arrange a meet up with this vendor outside of the resort in one of the towns? Then you can bring the stuff back yourself and say you bought them while you were out shopping!

I agree. Just meet the vendor somewhere- maybe even have them meet you at the airport and give you the stuff there. Good luck!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#15189 RachelTX

RachelTX
              • 116 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

I really want to Donkey bar too!  Does anyone know why it's allowed at all the other resorts and just not at Sensatori?  

#15190 karyc

karyc
                • 166 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

kathryn, what types of decorations are you outsourcing to fresa? that sounds very appealing, as i don't want to pay lomas prices but i also don't really feel like stressing about buying all of that stuff at home, packing it, paying for the extra luggage and then trying to get it through customs.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users