Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#12941 Mwise17

Mwise17
  • Member
  • 528 posts

    Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

    Ladies!

     

    I am not sure what to do....Chris and I guess-timated and block booked a number we thought we would hit no problem.  That means we had to pay a non-refundable deposit for each spot.  What we didn't expect was so many guests to rsvp yes, and then tell us they aren't going through our travel agent, and they will wait last minute to get a better rate, or they have "points" with a company and are booking with them etc. etc.  I don't want to make them book with our group, but there are other reasons besides just the money we would lose...I am afraid the resort will book up (which we all know it does), and what if they overbook and our entire group needs to move (again, has happened as we all know).  I outlined the importance of booking as a group on our website, but I guess it didn't help much.

    ???



    #12942 Mwise17

    Mwise17
    • Member
    • 528 posts

      Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

      Does anyone have a timeline'ed to do list they are working off of?  I feel like I am winging it a bit, and keep writing to do lists, with no date deadlines to them, and feel like I am forgetting things, or should have had things done by now, and perhaps haven't even thought of stuff that needs to be done.....

      ?



      #12943 Less is more

      Less is more
      • Jr. Member
      • 154 posts

        Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

        Yeah May Ladies!  I am so sad to have been away for so long but had to come take a visit!  I hope all the May brides have a wonderful time and the wedding of their dreams. I did so I know you all will too. Can't wait to see your pics!



        #12944 ginnigurl

        ginnigurl
        • Newbie
        • 68 posts

          Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:27 PM

          We are doing a legal on 6/4.  Doesn't seem as hard as I thought....  just got the documents translated, the apostille seal.. all pretty easy.  Not sure about the language!!

           

          Originally Posted by Mwise17 

          Question for anyone doing a legal ceremony....

          Now, I am not the most religious of people, but a judge has to perform the legal ceremony?  Whats the difference between a judge and a minister?

          I am not so sure about this legal ceremony now...I am just getting bad vibes..??

          Anyone else doing the legal?  Any details to share?

           

           

          Yes, the ministers all speak English.  I have you down for a legal ceremony with a judge.  Would you like me to change this to a symbolic ceremony with a minister?

          Quoted from the WC.



           



          #12945 bryteyedbride

          bryteyedbride
          • Newbie
          • 68 posts

            Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:00 PM


            O.K.  Now I feel like I am getting ready to be in a panic.  We are having a legal ceremony on 05/28, but no one told me about getting documents translated, apostille seal... Please tell me what you are talking about.  Thanks!
             

            Originally Posted by ginnigurl 

            We are doing a legal on 6/4.  Doesn't seem as hard as I thought....  just got the documents translated, the apostille seal.. all pretty easy.  Not sure about the language!!

             



             



             



            #12946 justiner57

            justiner57
            • Jr. Member
            • 151 posts

              Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:26 PM

              Does anyone have a sample of what your programs are going to contain? I want to start making a document with all the information but not sure what to put on it. Also looking for a good place to get some shimmery paper or cardstock for the menus & programs! I don't know why but I am in total wedding mode right now but still have a few months to go! hehe 


              Justine & Konrad ~ September 4, 2011 @ Azul Sensatori Resort
              ** 48 Guests Booked & Final **


              #12947 mrsclerville

              mrsclerville
              • Newbie
              • 10 posts

                Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:09 PM


                They quoted me 15/pp and 7.50 per child.  Its 2 hours.  i haven't decided on anything yet though, I still need to see who is going to come.  For Friday, we got a free cocktail party from our TA so we are doing that at the WAVE lounge and we haven't bought the beer pong table, but i found one on amazon for around 60 bucks.  I might be the most excited for that!!!  You must be pumped!!! your wedding is almost here!
                 


                 

                Where did you ladies see this bonfire setup? Where is it held? I haven't seen it in the services catalog at all.

                #12948 murmel

                murmel
                • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                • 1,407 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
                • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

                Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:31 PM



                 

                Originally Posted by Mwise17 


                Hmmmm.....theres the vibe again!  :)

                I am getting the feeling it will be much easier doing a symbolic ceremony!  I wonder why the Judges don't speak english as well as the ministers?? 

                Any other ladies out there care to share why they chose one over the other?  (symbolic ceremony vs. legal)

                 

                 I was told you had to have your birth certificates translated into Spanish, then your legal marriage certificate would be in Spanish, which you would then have to translate back into english. We just thought it would be easier to do it all in Canada.

                 

                Plus it worked out quite well for us. My mother has been ill for many years and is bed-ridden. So she got to attend my "wedding". We had a judge come to the nursing home and he married us in front of my mom. So even though she couldn't attend my Mexico wedding, so was there for my legal one!



                Originally Posted by Mwise17 

                Ladies!

                 

                I am not sure what to do....Chris and I guess-timated and block booked a number we thought we would hit no problem.  That means we had to pay a non-refundable deposit for each spot.  What we didn't expect was so many guests to rsvp yes, and then tell us they aren't going through our travel agent, and they will wait last minute to get a better rate, or they have "points" with a company and are booking with them etc. etc.  I don't want to make them book with our group, but there are other reasons besides just the money we would lose...I am afraid the resort will book up (which we all know it does), and what if they overbook and our entire group needs to move (again, has happened as we all know).  I outlined the importance of booking as a group on our website, but I guess it didn't help much.

                ???

                Not to be nosy, but what rate did you get? And is it for the room only, or a package deal (ie. flight/transfer and hotel)? We had some people tell us they would wait, do it on their own, and then they realized our rate was far better. Also they should know that there is only ONE company that can sell access to the Sensatori property from Canada (other than booking through the hotel directly which would be really expensive). Sunwing still has exclusive rights to that hotel. Let your guests know you have arranged a group rate and it's a confirmed room....if they wait to long they might miss out. 

                 

                Good luck! I know how frustrating it can be. We lost some of our deposit because guests flew in from other cities than we had planned for....but in the end all of our guests got a rate they were really happy with.


                 

                Originally Posted by mrsclerville 

                Where did you ladies see this bonfire setup? Where is it held? I haven't seen it in the services catalog at all.

                The Bonfire is on the actual hotel website, under Family (I think?). We were just not happy with the times they offered...who wants to make smores at 6pm???? At the resort they offered 7-9pm, but I thought it was still too early. They will set up the bonfire down on the beach, I think there was 2 locations offered, but not entirely sure anymore.

                 

                 


                Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

                 

                Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

                 

                Official Azul Sensatori thread:

                http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

                 

                Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

                http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


                #12949 bigboponthebeach

                bigboponthebeach
                • Jr. Member
                • 456 posts

                  Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:30 AM

                  Hi Ladies!

                   

                  I've been away for awhile busy wrapping up work stuff as well as wedding planning.  Just wanted to let you know that our photog, Elizabeth Medina, just posted a new blog of an AS wedding she recently shot.  Thought you all might enjoy a little AS inspiration. :-)  It got me excited and ready to wed! :-)

                   

                  http://www.elizabeth...azul-sensatori/

                   

                   

                  Also, Congrats to our two AS forum brides currently enjoying the AS experience!  Can't wait to hear all about it!  I know I owe my wedding day twin an email, but aside from that, I hope you are all well!  All the best!



                  #12950 MaggieandJay

                  MaggieandJay
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,029 posts

                    Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:35 AM


                    Like the ladies below we are getting married Saturday by minister friend we know. For us we just didn't want to go thru the hassle or worry about translating everything and having to take the time to go get a blood test down there. On Sat we are not saying vows, or rings or anything. The minister has to ask us 3 questions (basically are you coming into this of your own free will and do you take you and vice versus then signing our certificate. I don't view it as anything other than making the US Gov't and the IRS happy with a piece of paper
                     

                    Originally Posted by Afaybik 

                    My daughter (Melfaybik) was all set to do the legal ceremony by a judge.  Her friend got married in Oct. at Azul Beach by a judge that could supposedly speak English.  No one was able to understand anything he said including the bride and groom!  So because of this, my daughter decided to do a symbolic ceremony (no one knows except me her Mom) and she will get married legally in Colorado the day before they leave for Mexico....no fuss, no kiss, no ring exchange, no nothing except signing the legal papers.  Hope this helps!



                    Quote:

                    Originally Posted by Mwise17 


                    Hmmmm.....theres the vibe again!  :)

                    I am getting the feeling it will be much easier doing a symbolic ceremony!  I wonder why the Judges don't speak english as well as the ministers?? 

                    Any other ladies out there care to share why they chose one over the other?  (symbolic ceremony vs. legal)

                     

                    :)



                     



                    I used weddingwire.com at first but then really just sat down and mapped everything out on my own based first on a pretty detailed budget. i arranged what I was paying for in the order it needed to be done. Hope that helps!
                     

                    Originally Posted by Mwise17 

                    Does anyone have a timeline'ed to do list they are working off of?  I feel like I am winging it a bit, and keep writing to do lists, with no date deadlines to them, and feel like I am forgetting things, or should have had things done by now, and perhaps haven't even thought of stuff that needs to be done.....

                    ?



                     



                    This was awesome and made me excited to leave on Tuesday!

                    Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach 

                    Hi Ladies!

                     

                    I've been away for awhile busy wrapping up work stuff as well as wedding planning.  Just wanted to let you know that our photog, Elizabeth Medina, just posted a new blog of an AS wedding she recently shot.  Thought you all might enjoy a little AS inspiration. :-)  It got me excited and ready to wed! :-)

                     

                    http://www.elizabeth...azul-sensatori/

                     

                     

                    Also, Congrats to our two AS forum brides currently enjoying the AS experience!  Can't wait to hear all about it!  I know I owe my wedding day twin an email, but aside from that, I hope you are all well!  All the best!



                     


                    Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users