Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#11981 melfaybik

melfaybik
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

We were looking into a private group catamaran cruise and I know Paradise Catamarans in Puerto Adventus has a really good package and they are rated #1 on Trip Advisor. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mwise17 

Yet, ANOTHER question.....is anyone doing/did a private group catamaran cruise?  If yes, did you use Lomas? Is it cheaper to use someone else? 

:)

Melissa

#11982 melfaybik

melfaybik
    • 187 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

Hi!

Can you add me?  I am getting married on 5-28-11 at Azul Beach Hotel!

Thanks!!

Updated List if we are missing anyone give a shout! YAH to Less is More our Feb bride to be!!!!

February 2011

Less is More – February 19, 2011

March 2011

gingerlover36 – March 26, 2011 (AB)

April 2011

dakotaAZ – April 2, 2011

KristyMichelle - April 3, 2011

Michele4172011  - April 17, 2011

gems2104 - April 19, 2011

Mahalo79 – April 25, 2011 (EDR Chapel/AS)

dlaroqu - April 28, 2011

Chapa – April 30, 2011

May 2011

TLGnhci – May 2, 2011

mmc1105 – May 6, 2011

JaimeCF2BR – May 7, 2011

Nikki O – May 7, 2011

amcferron – May 13, 2011

MaggieandJay – May 15, 2011

*Lyndsey* - May 17, 2011

beaz2be – May 27, 2011

Bigboponthebeach – May 28, 2011

bryteyedbride - May 28th 2011

Vic0214 – May 31, 2011

June 2011

ginnigurl - June 4, 2011

gom4good - June 9th 2011

jazz04 – June 12, 2011

Mrs Goose - June 25th 2011

July 2011

karlaandmark July 19th 2011

LMMDC – July 23, 2011

Lynsey – July 25, 2011 (EDR)

LauraMInn - July 30, 2011 (AB)

August 2011

Herbie76 – August 2, 2011

Jwashing - August 6, 2011

October 2011

1106wedding - October 22, 2011

mwise17 - October 24,2011

November 2011

Jesse Nov 12, 2011

February 2012

msmarmar123 – February 11, 2012 

April 2012

Kerry872 - April 11 2012 

#11983 melfaybik

melfaybik
      • 187 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

Thank you for the information!  Where are you getting married at?

Originally Posted by Nan 

Quote:
        Originally Posted by melfaybik 

Hello All Past and Future Brides!

I am having a very difficult time deciding between a Legal and Symbolic wedding because I am concerned about the Judge or Minister not being able to speak very good English.  I have seen a lot of wedding videos (some at Azul) where the judge/minister speaks very bad English and you cannot understand what he/she is saying throughout the entire ceremony.  We are having our ceremony videotaped professionally and it would be so much better if we could understand what is being said at the ceremony.  I really want to do the legal ceremony but now I am leaning more towards the Symbolic ceremony and getting married in US before or after the wedding. 

Do you know if the Ministers for the Symbolic Wedding speak better English than the Judges for the Legal Wedding?

Is anyone having a friend or family member performing the ceremony instead of hiring a Minister?

I was wondering what other brides are doing? 

Looking forward to hearing from everyone and thank you!! J

Melissa

Melissa:

My WC will be doing all the paperwork for my legal wedding in the Riviera maya. I´m having a legal ceremony performed by a Mexican judge who speaks Good English. Here´s her web in case you want to know more about it. www.floresjulieta.mex.tl 

#11984 murmel

murmel
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 1,407 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:28 PM

I was all set on doing a legal wedding because I think the same thing as you so I totally understand....I feel like it won't feel as special if I do it before and I don't want to lose the feeling you get by getting married before.  I wouldn't tell anyone if we got married before but it just feels like it won't be the same feeling on my wedding day! Ugh...I don't know what do do.... The only reason why I am thinking of doing the symbolic wedding now is because I saw a video of a wedding where no one could understand the minister and I want to atleast be able to understand the minster a little bit. 

We did a symbolic wedding in Mexico, but got married in Canada before we left. We did not tell our guests and the symbolic wedding truly sounded and felt like my wedding! The other one in Canada (also special, don't get me wrong) but that was signing the paperwork. The real wedding feeling was in Mexico.

I do need to explain, we wanted to also include my mother, who is bedridden and in a nursing home (she could not make it to Mexico for obvious reasons). So we choose to get legally married in front of her in the nursing home. That way she was there for my "wedding". That being said it also made our planning easier for Mexico, since we could now do the wedding whenever we wanted...didn't have to wait the 3 business days and the ceremony was performed in english.

None of our guests know the difference, and you still sign a Marriage certificate, so it certainally does have the 'real' feeling. Whatever you choose it will be a magical day!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#11985 1106wedding

1106wedding
        • 317 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

Too funny! But adorable and very endearing:)

Random coincidence but I got an email today from my FI (I'm away for work this week) and he had attached a word doc with 6 potential rings. He likes a more simple style (which I do too), a thick silver band with rounded edges. I like that he started the process himself, but then again, he's been totally involved in this process which makes it that much more fun. He's so excited to go ring shopping for HIM, since we spent quite a few months ring shopping for ME!

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay 

Funny FI story today to share:

My FI is kinda random when he decides he wants to talk about the wedding or make a decison about something for the wedding. Today I am working and an email pops up from him. Randomly today he decided he wants THIS wedding ring.

8MM Black Titanium Ring with Silver Grooves

Jessie & Chris 10/22/2011 *51 booked and final*

#11986 bigboponthebeach

bigboponthebeach
          • 456 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:39 PM

Quote:

THANKS BIGBOP!!!!

I do feel much better after the really nice messages of how late others are on things
             ( I guess misery really does love company!)   Appreciated....many, MANY more questions to follow...I am going to look up the DJ you are using....any particular reasons why you chose him over some of the others the ladies are going with?

Quote:

Originally Posted by murmel 

Quote:

Were just the bride and groom greeted by a waiter with a tray of Mojoitos or were all the guests greeted with the Mojoitos?

All of our guests!

What wedding package did everyone choose?  I am undecided (on a lot of things), but am not sure if it makes sense to do the "free" pkg, and then add all the private reception pieces we want, or just go for a biggie (gold or whatever its called) and if that will be cheaper in the long run?

Wondering what other brides are going with......

:)

**sometimes I avoid coming to this site because I feel so unorganized...you all sound like you know EXACTLY what you want and I am so not there!!!!!!! 

We are doing a full welcome dinner using the beach bbq menu.  We are getting married on Saturday - some of our guests are arriving on Thursday, some on Friday, so we'll do the welcome dinner on Friday night.  I guess it depends on when all of your guests are arriving.  Since ours aren't all arriving on the same day, it makes sense to do it the first evening that everyone would be there.  I think it would be ok if you do it a day after you arrive....it gives everyone some time to settle in.  How large of a group are you expecting?

When is everyone planning on doing their welcome cocktail party (for those that are having one)...???

I was thinking the day we land (as of right now, we are leaving 6:30am Toronto and arriving 9:30am Cancun)....but my TA brought to my attention that should we be delayed, it could be super tight.  Also, would the guests want a planned event right away? 

My worry is that the point of it (to get to know everyone) will be lost a little a day and a half after we arrive!

Any thoughts?

As well, for those staying a week and going with the legal ceremony....which day out of your week are you planning your wedding day?  I know we have to be in the Country for 3 business days, not sure what makes sense...?

Well Ladies, my planning journal is finally done!

My FI is kinda random when he decides he wants to talk about the wedding or make a decison about something for the wedding. Today I am working and an email pops up from him. Randomly today he decided he wants THIS wedding ring.

Too funny! But adorable and very endearing:)

Random coincidence but I got an email today from my FI (I'm away for work this week) and he had attached a word doc with 6 potential rings. He likes a more simple style (which I do too), a thick silver band with rounded edges. I like that he started the process himself, but then again, he's been totally involved in this process which makes it that much more fun. He's so excited to go ring shopping for HIM, since we spent quite a few months ring shopping for ME!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MaggieandJay 

8MM Black Titanium Ring with Silver Grooves

Guess I need to get on my FI's ring.........

#11987 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
            • 1,029 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:33 AM

Updated List if we are missing anyone give a shout! YAH to Less is More our Feb bride to be!!!!

February 2011

Less is More – February 19, 2011

March 2011

gingerlover36 – March 26, 2011 (AB)

April 2011

dakotaAZ – April 2, 2011

KristyMichelle - April 3, 2011

Michele4172011  - April 17, 2011

gems2104 - April 19, 2011

Mahalo79 – April 25, 2011 (EDR Chapel/AS)

dlaroqu - April 28, 2011

Chapa – April 30, 2011

May 2011

TLGnhci – May 2, 2011

mmc1105 – May 6, 2011

JaimeCF2BR – May 7, 2011

Nikki O – May 7, 2011

amcferron – May 13, 2011

MaggieandJay – May 15, 2011

*Lyndsey* - May 17, 2011

beaz2be – May 27, 2011

Bigboponthebeach – May 28, 2011

melfaybik - May 28, 2011 AB

bryteyedbride - May 28th 2011

Vic0214 – May 31, 2011

June 2011

ginnigurl - June 4, 2011

gom4good - June 9th 2011

jazz04 – June 12, 2011

Mrs Goose - June 25th 2011

July 2011

karlaandmark July 19th 2011

LMMDC – July 23, 2011

Lynsey – July 25, 2011 (EDR)

LauraMInn - July 30, 2011 (AB)

August 2011

Herbie76 – August 2, 2011

Jwashing - August 6, 2011

October 2011

1106wedding - October 22, 2011

mwise17 - October 24,2011

November 2011

Jesse Nov 12, 2011

February 2012

msmarmar123 – February 11, 2012 

April 2012

Kerry872 - April 11 2012 

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#11988 Mahalo79

Mahalo79
              • 175 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:51 AM

Wow I love that ring!!  Thanks for sharing, I am going to email it and get FI's opinion, so far he could care less about his ring - maybe this will kick him into gear!

#11989 Mahalo79

Mahalo79
                • 175 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:54 AM

I just wanted to say hello, I have been MIA for a little while but I need to get back on here on a daily basis, reading all your posts is really making me more excited about going and realizing all the little details I still need to plan!  Ahh!!  Better get out my pen and paper and add to my to do list and I go through all these posts!  I better go read back over the last 2 months I have some catching up to do = )

#11990 Mahalo79

Mahalo79
                  • 175 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:50 AM

Ok just wanted to share

one more thing I wanted to share before I start work = )

I just found my shoes (day before the dress fitting too, no stress!)  I just wanted to post my shoes, they are in a cream colour (my dress is cream) and the best part only $39.99 at The Shoe Company!  I was just about to pay $130 for a pair that were kind of ok too, I'm so happy with them! 

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users