Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Do you have a time cut off on your reception? Ours is 11pm at AS so that's why a lot of us are having earlier receptions. My sunset time is 7:15pm which is perfect as the sun will be setting during cocktail hour & a half which is when I'm taking pictures.

Despite me and my practicality of wanting to take pictures BEFORE the ceremony as I wasn't originally planning on having a cocktail hour, FI put his foot down and said he ABSOLUTELY wasn't seeing me before the wedding and it was bad luck. We're not even staying together the night before, he said he'll go crash with his BM (who's coming with his fiance so I don't know how she'll feel about that) but who knew he was so old fashionedhuh.gif?

I asked my fiance about this. He laughed and said we are only there for 5 night and he's spending all 5 night with me :) Then I talked to one of my bridesmaids and asked if my fiance could stay the night before the wedding with them, she laughed and said NO WAY MAN lol, they are only coming for the weekend and want those nights to themselves :) So there ya have it i guess.....
I think your FI is sweet for being old fashioned :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoops, sorry Amy. Gets a little confusing with all us Amys round here wink.gif

 

I am taking wedding party pictures before the wedding and after. I dont really want that many of just the wedding party b/c I am still mad at myself for agreeing to have BMs more than just my sister. So, after the wedding I want a lot of family shots and groups of people then just me and Mark. Here is my schedule:

 

3:30 - bride and groom first meet shots

3:45 - wedding party

4:00 - BMs with bride (then we go do any touch ups needed)

4:15 - GM shots

4:30 - wedding starts

 

5:00 - cocktail hour starts (45 min of random shots)

5:45 - Family shots

6:15 - Friend Shots

6:30 - 10-15 mins of random shots

6:40 - 7:05pm - Bride and Groom leave to take pix alone

 

7:10pm - Entrance announced to Reception

 

I am only getting announced with FI - if we do parents and wedding party it would be 1/2 the group - LOL. Plus how do you announce Mark's Mom and step Dad and my mom and step dad and my dad and his live in girlfriend?!?! hahah I would rather avoid all that weird family ness wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I knew it! I was gonna bust you and tell Nicole, she's trying to get that banner! LOL, I too did the same thing :)
I was only mentioning it because I know the mods do a lot of work to try and clean up the site to keep it running smoothly and out of respect for Tammy and all the hard work she does to give us a free community :)

I leave for Punta Cana tomorrow! I'm already in vacation mode and have a feeling that today is going to be the longest day of my life sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrommert View Post
I asked my fiance about this. He laughed and said we are only there for 5 night and he's spending all 5 night with me :) Then I talked to one of my bridesmaids and asked if my fiance could stay the night before the wedding with them, she laughed and said NO WAY MAN lol, they are only coming for the weekend and want those nights to themselves :) So there ya have it i guess.....
I think your FI is sweet for being old fashioned :)
Awww, that's really sweet!!! Maybe my FI want's time off before the life time commitment wink.gif I don't blame him!

We're going to be in Mexico for 12 days so we plan on spending a good 5 of those days with guests and after the wedding we're moving to another hotel for some us time wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
I was only mentioning it because I know the mods do a lot of work to try and clean up the site to keep it running smoothly and out of respect for Tammy and all the hard work she does to give us a free community :)

I leave for Punta Cana tomorrow! I'm already in vacation mode and have a feeling that today is going to be the longest day of my life sad.gif
Good point Nicole, I'm good now I promise :)

How exciting!! Is this for a honeymoonhuh.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
We're going to be in Mexico for 12 days so we plan on spending a good 5 of those days with guests and after the wedding we're moving to another hotel for some us time wink.gif
I think this is an amazing plan :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Good point Nicole, I'm good now I promise :)

How exciting!! Is this for a honeymoonhuh.gif
lol I totally was not trying to make a big deal about it :)

Honeymoon, sort of but not really lol. I told DH I won't have babies until I get to travel a bit, considering my wedding was my FIRST time anywhere!! So we want to enjoy our childless time as much as possible. A couple from my work was booking a last minute trip the same time as us so we figured what the hell! The more the merrier!

I checked out the DR section of the forum to see if I could help any BDW brides out while I was there, but the hotel I'm staying at must suck cause no one's getting married there! lol. Oh well, its the thought that counts right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel bad for the DR brides - given whats going on in Haiti right now. I know a lot of them are planning on doing cool things like leaving clothes and supplied behind in hopes that they do really get over the border and in Haiti as promised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
I wonder how strict the resorts are going to be on these "start times" and end times...I am having the same problem trying to decide when to do everything. Right now I am looking at 6:00 wedding...6:30-7:30 cocktail...7:30-whenever reception.

Question: Are you guys taking all your pics before the wedding? Or are yall waiting to see your FI at the wedding and taking joint pics after the ceremony?
I think I want to wait till after the ceremony to pics with FI...I dont really want him to see me in my dress before the ceremony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought I would wait too but my sister didn't and her reasons were that they were sooooo nervous as it was, and seeing each other and talking and having a quiet moment together before the ceremony made them less nervous. Her photog prepared a staged meeting and she hid and took pictures of BIL's first seeing my sister come to meet him - away from all the guests. He got tears, it was awesome. I think I'd be too scared to cry and I know Mark would not want to cry in front of the guests either, so that's why we have chosen to do pictures together first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Do you have a time cut off on your reception? Ours is 11pm at AS so that's why a lot of us are having earlier receptions. My sunset time is 7:15pm which is perfect as the sun will be setting during cocktail hour & a half which is when I'm taking pictures.

Despite me and my practicality of wanting to take pictures BEFORE the ceremony as I wasn't originally planning on having a cocktail hour, FI put his foot down and said he ABSOLUTELY wasn't seeing me before the wedding and it was bad luck. We're not even staying together the night before, he said he'll go crash with his BM (who's coming with his fiance so I don't know how she'll feel about that) but who knew he was so old fashionedhuh.gif?
My FI is the same - he just turned round and said 'i'm not seeing you the night before - I'm sleeping in with dal and you can sleep in with laurel'!! Lol nice to be told haha but was still nice to hear him so traditional :) he's also excited about everyone trying to keep us apart the whole day of the wedding!!

And I don't think I can cope multi quoting on my iPhone!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×