Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
I would love to see your budget spreadsheet!! You can black out the amounts if you would like. Mine is starting to get super complicated. Do you mind sharing?
sorry lindz, I haven't done this yet - I got a TEXT from my 'best friend/chief bridesmaid' telling me she's not coming Mexico or being my bridesmaid, that she thinks we've drifted apart bla bla bla, so I wasn't too great last night. feel like I've been dumped sad.gif

I'll do it tonight for you tho. x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amy, didn't get round to post yesterday evening, but wanted to send big hugs for yesterday. I hope your 'positive approach' worked and you were ok.

 

hug2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshManahan View Post
Hi ladies. Its been a few weeks, but I am finally getting around to loading some of our wedding photos from Hacienda Tres Rios. It was Amazing!!!

I hope everything is going well for you. What a relief to be done. I feel like I need a two week vacation to get back to normal, but am trying to figure out who I can hire to put up the xmas tree instead :)

Snapfish: Share:Registration
Welcome back and huge congratulations MRS!!!

So glad to hear it all went so well, your photos look amazing....looks like it was a beautiful resort.

hope married life is going well...and how cool to be able to share your first xmas together as husband and wife so soon after you've got married :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_2010 View Post
sorry lindz, I haven't done this yet - I got a TEXT from my 'best friend/chief bridesmaid' telling me she's not coming Mexico or being my bridesmaid, that she thinks we've drifted apart bla bla bla, so I wasn't too great last night. feel like I've been dumped sad.gif

I'll do it tonight for you tho. x
Ouch... I know this probably won't help you feel better about this situation right now, but the truth is, you're much better off not having her share your special day if she's feeling like that. Did you see this coming or was it out of the blue? Crazy. smile03.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
Ouch... I know this probably won't help you feel better about this situation right now, but the truth is, you're much better off not having her share your special day if she's feeling like that. Did you see this coming or was it out of the blue? Crazy. smile03.gif
thanks Nicole. I don't really know what I'm feeling at the moment - a bit of everything and nothing all at the same time.

tbh things have been strained between us since I booked the wedding but that's all been due to me feeling that she's not been making any effort. We have spoken about it before but she's always said it's been her and she's sorry etc etc. she didn't make me going to try on wedding dresses, and she didn't make it round to my house to try on her BM dress and shoes. so many annoying things but I never thought she'd do this. I know she's busy (she has her own kids) and I just thought when we got there she'd get into it then without all her 'life' distractions.

but as much as everyone else seems to be focusing on the wedding-side of things, I'm more bothered and upset by what this means for our friendship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awwww Katie...... I always say, especially after my own experience, weddings make people crazy... seriously. I felt like so many close friends and family would do things completely out of character. Maybe you both just need some time to think about things. I hope it all works out, but in the meantime you have us :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_2010 View Post
thanks Nicole. I don't really know what I'm feeling at the moment - a bit of everything and nothing all at the same time.

tbh things have been strained between us since I booked the wedding but that's all been due to me feeling that she's not been making any effort. We have spoken about it before but she's always said it's been her and she's sorry etc etc. she didn't make me going to try on wedding dresses, and she didn't make it round to my house to try on her BM dress and shoes. so many annoying things but I never thought she'd do this. I know she's busy (she has her own kids) and I just thought when we got there she'd get into it then without all her 'life' distractions.

but as much as everyone else seems to be focusing on the wedding-side of things, I'm more bothered and upset by what this means for our friendship.
That really sucks and the fact that she told you in a text makes it even worse. I think weddings bring out the best in some people and the worst in others and usually at the end of a wedding you know who your true friends are. I'm sure it hurts knowing you're going to lose your friend but right now the most important thing is you and your wedding. I foresee the same thing happening with me and my best friend. She's been very distant about the whole wedding (after she asked why I wanted to get married) and she didn't even call to tell me happy birthday last week. So I'm kinda bracing and preparing myself for her to cancel out but I know it's still going to hurt if he does happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh girls that sucks about your friends not being supportive. Its so hard to understand why someone wouldn't want to celebrate with your happiest moments in life. I honestly think that when things like this happen - it is not you - it is their own issues. All you can do is be honest and hope they can be honest with you.

 

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I'll be thinking of you girls !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ash - thanks so much for sending your photos. I love your dress and your ceremony location was amazing and the table settings at your reception was gorgeous! Congratulations!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×