Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
Hi Katie:)

Its me LUcie. I just got married on the sky deck and you won't regret it at all!!!

WE LOVED IT!!!

If you need any suggestions, please let me know:)

Enjoy

lucie
Hi Lucie :o)

you may regret offering your help!! I want to know everything!! lol

Ok, but seriously... what did you pay for from the hotel and what did you provide/do yourselves? from prices we've been given on decorating etc buying our own stuff will probably work out much cheaper.

And any handy hints that you were glad you had, or wished you'd had before you got married??

Thanks loads and loads!

Katie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
Hey Ladies!

So has anyone else gotten their email from Grace (if that is who your coordinator is) that she is leaving? I am now getting Kiara, does anyone work with her right now?

This will be my 3rd coordinator now and getting a little worried about the turn over there.

What do you girls think?
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just retain all of your correspondence so that you can forward it to the new coordinator. You pretty much do most of your planning when you get to the resort anyhow, so I think the onsite planners are way more important then the off site ones.

Quote:
Hey Ladies!

So has anyone else gotten their email from Grace (if that is who your coordinator is) that she is leaving? I am now getting Kiara, does anyone work with her right now?

This will be my 3rd coordinator now and getting a little worried about the turn over there.

What do you girls think?
I had Jo'Zeen and was assigned Kiara a couple of months ago when Jo'Zeen left. Kiara has been great - very quick to respond and gives a ton of information. Don't worry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura4ever View Post
Does anyone know what the additional per person price is for a private reception?
Also is the vendor fee per vendor or total?
Thanks for the help!
Laura
Hi Laura,

I'm doing a private reception for 75 (tentative) and, from what I can tell, the cost per head depends upon what menu you choose from the banquet kit. I chose a 3 course meal with a choice of entree, so I think it's about $28/head and that includes open bar. If you want special beverages (e.g., champagne, special wine, etc), that is an additional cost as well. I would request the questionnaire and banquet kit from your WC if you don't have it and that will help you figure out the cost.

Good luck! Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_2010 View Post
hey Aneliese - thanks so much for posting the link! I haven't heard anything from my WC since the first email saying they had our details, so don't really know what the options are on photographers!!

What do people think of these pics?? I'm not too sure about them, but can't put my finger on why...

Are these the only approved photographers for AS?? if not, who are the other ones? and does anybody have a link for egs of their photography?

Katie.
Hi Katie,

I think the pictures look too posed and rather unnatural - I agree there is something not quite right about them.

Quote:
Hey Ladies!

What do you girls think?
Kiara is my WC and she is fab!!

Has anyone considered how to decorate the palapa for a Zavaz Plaza wedding beyond hanging paper lanters? I was considering using fabrics. So maybe (1) fabric leg wraps with or without bows(http://www.pacificpartycanopies.com/...rapes-blue.jpg), (2) fabric draped inside the roof (something like this -- http://www.pacificpartycanopies.com/...tent-liner.jpg) and/or (3) connect pulled-back fabric between the polls (like this -- http://www.liweddings.com/mywedding/album/i/33493.jpg). Any thoughts -- would it look stupid to have the legs and inside with fabric and not the top. Would it look good to drap the whole thing, including the top. Would it look nice to drap only the legs? Other ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_2010 View Post
hey Aneliese - thanks so much for posting the link! I haven't heard anything from my WC since the first email saying they had our details, so don't really know what the options are on photographers!!

What do people think of these pics?? I'm not too sure about them, but can't put my finger on why...

Are these the only approved photographers for AS?? if not, who are the other ones? and does anybody have a link for egs of their photography?

Katie.
No problem Katie.

Im not very impressed with them too be honest, I also think they are plain and very unnatural. They didnt WOW me!
I have sent an email of complaint to my WC who has said she will pass this on but i havent heard anything back from the maangement. I've told them that for a hotel of this standard I would expect an equivalant high standard of photographer eg Elizabeth Medina/Claudia.

Im getting worried now because if the hotel does happen to turn around and say we can have an outside photographer, will they have availability? arghhhh!!!

There is another approved photographer, Matias Cano but I wasn't impressed with these ones either.

god, they are going to HAVE to sort out the wedding photographers at this place.

my bet is that they get these semi-pro photogrpahers of sub-standard quality, and they pay them accordingly...then we get ripped off with what we pay/have paid. it's all about the money making.

plus if we don't like them, and go to other photographers, thats even more revenue for them - the $500 for bringing them in and then if they stay at the hotel, thats additional money for them too.

I better be offered better ones when I get to that stage, or I am going to really kick off. I live farrrr too far away to be flying in my own photographer so will be stuck with theirs, and the photos are one of the most important things for me.

AS - sort it out!!!!!!!!

Katie.