Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ok, now I'm getting irritated.  I was told that I DJ Doremixx is not allowed at the resort.  How many of you upcoming brides have booked them?  Has anyone else been told no for DJ Doremixx?

 

I refuse to pay $1500 for their (seemingly) crappy preferred DJ!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Yes, I booked him. I might've gotten in before he "wasn't allowed" though :(
 

Originally Posted by Jessie View Post

Ok, now I'm getting irritated.  I was told that I DJ Doremixx is not allowed at the resort.  How many of you upcoming brides have booked them?  Has anyone else been told no for DJ Doremixx?

 

I refuse to pay $1500 for their (seemingly) crappy preferred DJ!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Yes, I booked him. I might've gotten in before he "wasn't allowed" though :(

 

 

 

I booked him before they we're banned too. I just sent my wc an email because I had heard new brides can not book him. Wanted to make sure eveything was still on. Still have to pay the outside vendor fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had our wedding on June 12 and used DJ Doremixx...He is fantastic.

 

One thing that I learned about the wedding coordination at Azul is that Lomas travel changes their "rules" and requirements to increase their revenue. Also, the WC in the Miami office are not the best at giving correct answers, as they are just the messengers. When you ask a question, they go back to Lomas or the onsite WC to get an answer...and they change based on who you talk to. So, push for what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies,

 

If you have not selected your destination wedding photographer...select Sierra Blanco Photography. She photographed our Indian/ Nigerian wedding weekend. We had a Nigerian event Saturday night, an Indian wedding Sunday morning (noon), a reception Sunday night, and a TTD shoot on Monday afternoon. They were phenomenol--They are very creative, have a good eye, are easy to work with and extremely friendly. Two weeks after our wedding (June 12), they posted some (a lot) of our wedding photographs on their blog site. Everyone that has seen the photos says they are amazing...

 

If you don't believe me, see for yourself.

 

http://www.sierrablancophoto.com

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just to give you a sneak peek at what you will see...

 

tunde_pic.jpg

 

 

neha_recep.jpgnehahead.jpg
 

Originally Posted by tundeneha View Post

Ladies,

 

If you have not selected your destination wedding photographer...select Sierra Blanco Photography. She photographed our Indian/ Nigerian wedding weekend. We had a Nigerian event Saturday night, an Indian wedding Sunday morning (noon), a reception Sunday night, and a TTD shoot on Monday afternoon. They were phenomenol--They are very creative, have a good eye, are easy to work with and extremely friendly. Two weeks after our wedding (June 12), they posted some (a lot) of our wedding photographs on their blog site. Everyone that has seen the photos says they are amazing...

 

If you don't believe me, see for yourself.

 

http://www.sierrablancophoto.com

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey girls!!!  Things are finally settling down and getting back to normal after our June 4th wedding at Azul Fives... for those of you that remember, we booked and Sensatori, but did not block rooms and it sold out... so we made the choice to switch.  Azul Fives is beautiful and the staff was wonderful.... it went by soooooooo fast!!!!  I would secretly have to stay I still wish we had been at Sensatori, but the wedding would not have been the same without the additonal friends and family, including the photographer!  (We did miss the beach views from our room, but had a 2nd floor penthouse that had good views.... also, the place was only at about 20% capacitiy, nearly deserted - but we did get lots of attention from the staff.....  just a few of the pros/cons)....  I just couldn't bear to leave this AZS Forum, because you have all been so wonderful (Extra kudos to Murmel, Maggie and Jamie!)

 

Getting caught up on posts, some gorgeous brides and pictures!!!  Congrats to all! 

 

I will work on a review and here are a few pictures from Portraits by Jody.

 

DSC_0340bwht.jpg

 

DSC_00794x6.jpg

 

(Only comment on this one is that the the chairs were not supposed to have the bows until the reception, because the color was more aqua then my tiffany blue)

 

DSC_03314x6.jpg

 

IMG_5266.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  Very beautiful, truly amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It does leave me with one question - how much luggage did you bring and how long did you stay???

 

Originally Posted by tundeneha View Post

Ladies,

 

If you have not selected your destination wedding photographer...select Sierra Blanco Photography. She photographed our Indian/ Nigerian wedding weekend. We had a Nigerian event Saturday night, an Indian wedding Sunday morning (noon), a reception Sunday night, and a TTD shoot on Monday afternoon. They were phenomenol--They are very creative, have a good eye, are easy to work with and extremely friendly. Two weeks after our wedding (June 12), they posted some (a lot) of our wedding photographs on their blog site. Everyone that has seen the photos says they are amazing...

 

If you don't believe me, see for yourself.

 

http://www.sierrablancophoto.com

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks! Not too much....My carry on had wedding/recepion outfits and I checked in two pieces - One had decorations, the other had my clothes, shoes, makeup, toiletries, etc. I stayed at Azul from Wed to a Monday and then we went to another resort from Monday to Saturday.

 

BTW- If you want to go to a truly amazing honeymoon resort that supercede Azul...try Banyan Tree Mayakoba. It is unbelievable.

Originally Posted by ginnigurl View Post

Wow!  Very beautiful, truly amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It does leave me with one question - how much luggage did you bring and how long did you stay???

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×