Jump to content

Recommended Posts

OMG!! WHAT??? what are you doing?

 

Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post

Last post for the night from me, I swear.....

 

I just received an email from our DW.com TA stating: "Unfortunately, I just found out today that the hotel is sold out in all categories for the weekend of your wedding."  So ladies on or near that weekend, it's time for Plan B......just a heads up.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked my WC about the cold fireworks and she said the resort doesn't allow them because they still can get hot :(

 

Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki O View Post

Has anyone used or is planning on using cold fireworks during their reception? I was told that the resort does not allow cold fireworks but I really like the effect of fireworks exploding from all four corners after the first dance. I think it looks great in pictures!



Nikki i was wondering the same thing as the dj ive booked provides them, but it says to check with your WC i havent been able to do this as shes not replying to my emails.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also asked about sparklers when I was told the cold fireworks weren't allowed.  Apparently they have boxes of smaller sparklers (8 in a box) for $8 and they also have larger ones but I'm not sure how much those are that you can buy when you get down there.
 

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post


I was told yesterday they weren't allowed and was VERY disappointed. This is one of the few things I really wanted at the reception.

Does anyone know if they allow hand held sparklers at least? Of course my WC isn't getting back to me on it.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki O View Post

Has anyone used or is planning on using cold fireworks during their reception? I was told that the resort does not allow cold fireworks but I really like the effect of fireworks exploding from all four corners after the first dance. I think it looks great in pictures!


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got Doremixx approved last week and we're signing our contract with them tomorrow!  So that company is definitely still allowed!

 

Originally Posted by Chapa View Post



I got Doremixx approved a few months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post


When did she tell you Doremixx was allowed?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post


I have Angie. She's super nice on the phone but even MORE selective when it comes to the responses. She replies to 1 of 4 emails I send :(

She also just told me Doremixx is not allowed at the resort but I've seen numerous brides on here who have booked him/them. I'm going to fight it!
 


 


I told her that i was booking Doremixx and she never said that they weren't allowed she just told me to pass on my details to her once i'd booked him. Ive spoke to her on the phone, but its very expensive for me to keep phoning her from the UK. And that is what we are paying for is for a WC so they should do their job and reply seeing as we are the ones spending the money.
 


 

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LADIES in May (near May 15th)

 

Got word today the hotel is DEFINITELY full most of May. Now My TA and I just booked 5 people thru FUNJET and they are running a special that ends tomorrow that the rate is very close to the group rate. The sale ends tomorrow though. Apple vacations is sold out for my weekend.

 

So It would appear than I am about ready to tell everyone that didn't book sorry but you don't get to go to my fabulous fun wedding that everyone will be talking about for all of time...LOL Sorry, humor is how I deal with the touch of dissapointment I feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at least you have 50 people booked already!  Some of my close family Isn't booked yet Cause they ahve been taking theior time. I 'm soo upset right now!

 

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

LADIES in May (near May 15th)

 

Got word today the hotel is DEFINITELY full most of May. Now My TA and I just booked 5 people thru FUNJET and they are running a special that ends tomorrow that the rate is very close to the group rate. The sale ends tomorrow though. Apple vacations is sold out for my weekend.

 

So It would appear than I am about ready to tell everyone that didn't book sorry but you don't get to go to my fabulous fun wedding that everyone will be talking about for all of time...LOL Sorry, humor is how I deal with the touch of dissapointment I feel.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the onsite WC will allow them when we get down there?
 

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post


I was told yesterday they weren't allowed and was VERY disappointed. This is one of the few things I really wanted at the reception.

Does anyone know if they allow hand held sparklers at least? Of course my WC isn't getting back to me on it.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki O View Post

Has anyone used or is planning on using cold fireworks during their reception? I was told that the resort does not allow cold fireworks but I really like the effect of fireworks exploding from all four corners after the first dance. I think it looks great in pictures!


 


Less is More, room card is such a great idea! I would love to see the template if you don't mind sharing!

 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post


What did you do for your wine charms Less is More?  And do you have a template for your room cards?  That's a cute idea. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz04 View Post


What did you include in your OOT bags and how are you getting all of them down there?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

Well ladies I have checked off some major things off my to do list today! SO just wanted to share. My final fitting for my wedding dress and TTD was today and the changes and alterations were beautiful.  I mean she was fabulous.  I told her i would give her a shout out!  She wanted me to wait until a couple of weeks before the wedding to finalize everything which made me nervous. So literally last saturday we fitted both of my dresses, my two bridesmaids, three dresses for my mom and a dress for my mother-in law.  She called me Monday morning saying everything was done!!! Wow so amazing and beautifully done.  If any one lives in columbus ohio area i know the BEST SEAMSTRESS!

 

Ok other things completed are my OOT bags and goodies, place cards and wine glass charms, my room cards ( i will pass these out at the welcome party and guest can swap room numbers so they know where to find each other and it encourages mingling), and menus.

 

So still working on excursion / important reminders letter and ceremony programs.  So needless to say improvement has been made and so happy everything is coming together in the nick of time! woot.gif


GO YOU!!! Sounds like you are ahead of the curve ball and ready to rock and roll!!! Good job!!!
 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


For sure check out FUNJET, they seem to be the one that is still offering rooms :/
 

Originally Posted by Vic0214 View Post

Well at least you have 50 people booked already!  Some of my close family Isn't booked yet Cause they ahve been taking theior time. I 'm soo upset right now!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

LADIES in May (near May 15th)

 

Got word today the hotel is DEFINITELY full most of May. Now My TA and I just booked 5 people thru FUNJET and they are running a special that ends tomorrow that the rate is very close to the group rate. The sale ends tomorrow though. Apple vacations is sold out for my weekend.

 

So It would appear than I am about ready to tell everyone that didn't book sorry but you don't get to go to my fabulous fun wedding that everyone will be talking about for all of time...LOL Sorry, humor is how I deal with the touch of dissapointment I feel.


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will Try and post a picture of the escort cards. i thought they were cute.  I totally went with the martha stewart destination wedding planning fo rmost of my ideas.  I started with a theme which is destination LOVE since the wedding is in february the month of love.   So the bags are designed with the spa theme/ romantic evening for two.  They have a custom made bath fizzer in the shape of a hersey kiss. The bath kisses have my weddding colors and smell divine.  You leave the tub silky smooth!  I added bath and body works lotion and scented candle ( to enhance the mood or rid the awful smell thay may come from the bathroom lol). 

The room card was a martha idea as well that i thought would be fun for people.  Plus it will save sometime trying to figure out where everyone is since the resort is booked and some are on the family side and other on the adult.  This is what the card looks like. I formatted it so three will print on one cardstock. I hope this helps. 

Looking

For

Someone?

 

 

 

 

Please Use this card to add everyoneâ€s room number to this list!

 

 

 

 

Guest                                                Room #

 

Lawrence & polly                         --------

Frank & Alice                                 --------

Tremone & Melissa                      --------

Bernardo                                        --------

Sam & Eric                                        --------

Ella & Sandra                                --------

Jocelyn & Twan                              --------

Will & Natalie                                  --------

Cynthia & Greg                              --------

Eileen & Lesya                               --------

Evonne & Lawrence                     --------

Brian & marquise                           --------

Dave & kinda                                   --------

Tj & Nicole                                      --------

Vedat& paige                                 --------

Ozzie & Leslie & Kaylee               --------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
    • Two of my friends are going to get married next month. Out of them one is suffering from serious teeth issue. He is having bleeding gums along with jaw pain and swelling, particularly around the gums or around the jaw. Because of the teeth issue, he is not able to make the arrangements for the marriage. Is it safe to carry out tooth extraction during this period of time? How painful is dental implants during and after the procedure? Will he be able to eat food after tooth extraction? Please share your views and suggestions. Thank you! 
  • Topics

×