Sign in to follow this  
Stina168

Tricks to make straight hair curly in humidity?

So my hair is naturally very straight. I was recently in a wedding in the California wine country where the air was pretty dry so I curled my hair and it looked so good!! I really want to curl my hair for my own wedding but I just don't think it will hold up in the humidity sad.gif Does anyone have any special products or tricks to help in this department? I wear my hair down and straight everyday and would love to find a way for my hair to look different on the big day!

Do you want super curly hair or do you just mean the soft curls? If you want curly, curly hair you can use gel or mousse and then blow dry your hair using a diffuser. But you have to blow dry your hair upside down and then scrunch your hair as your doing it.

If you are reffering to soft curls and you plan to put your hair half up-half down or just up then use lots of hairspray. And if your hair is dirty it will hold better. Well make sure its not too oily b/c then the curls won't stick but the hair should be somewhat dirty so that your curls will stay intact.

Use one of those superhold products and it will probably last a lot longer even in the wind.

for curling straight hair in any kind of humity, i always curl with a flat iron and then use bumble & bumble hairspray. glenda's right - dont wash your hair right before you do it, let it get dirt-ed up a little. not so oits greasy, but for example if you go swimming at 3 pm the day before and then shower, dont wash your hair again before you have it done.

i'm with glenda & maura on this one. i have naturally curly hair and if i straighten my hair then try to add a little curle it doesn't hold so good. but if i try to curle it the next day (without washing it or getting it wet) it works much better.

LOL I guess we all have what we don't want...See, I have naturally curly hair but straighten it almost everyday. In Mexico I will not be able to do that will the humidity. In fact, I have no choice but to wear it curly. My solution: We switch hair. Here's my hair curly (sorry wind-blown and been at work all day)http://www.boandandrea.com/assets/images/sexy-hair As far as making yours curly, I would recommend gel, scrunching, and a difusser. You could steam up your bathroom and play with your hair a bit to see how it acts in humidity and what you can accomplish :)Good luck

I have stick straight hair, too. I don't think a diffuser works too well for that so don't go buy one. There is a product by ABBA called Sets that a hair dresser use in my hair a few years ago and it held the curl even in humidity. I am not sure where to buy it. Ask your hair dresser for ideas and buy products and try them before you go because when you get to Mexico, it will be hard to find products and communicate what you want. Good luck!

i have to say i have stick straight hair also, and for people who have this problem, a diffuser and gel will NOT work at all

youre gonna need a ceramic curling iron and some good hairspray. i would even recommend looking into B&B hair powder - it's great for creating a little extra volume at the root.