Photo

Sacred Heart Diet Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#21 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:58 AM

I can't wait to start this! I leave for vacation in two weeks, it would be so nice to drop a big amount of pounds before we leave, then I can buy a new bathing suit!

#22 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

The soup sounds yummy, although I wonder what is in the Lipton mix...just thinking in terms of cleansing. But compared to the master cleanse this seems like a breeze. I wonder if you could drink rice milk instead?

And I also did the cabbage soup diet years ago...it was the laxative soup diet for me...lol

#23 Dez921714

Dez921714
      • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

whoohoo! I hope it works and it's real weight, not just water wegith that we lose :)
        http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#24 Yvette

Yvette
        • 510 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:16 AM

i wish i had the will power to do this diet. i think i would get tired of eating the same thing over and over again. but good luck to all you ladies in it for the long haul. i hear this diet works wonders!

#25 Dez921714

Dez921714
          • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:24 AM

I figured if we get bored of the soup, I'll make another vegitable soup we love (WW 0pt Vegetable soup). Its basically the same thing, all veggies, no fat.

I set my goals in 5-10lb incrimants, so that they're attainable...but then I always have the master goal :)

I read about one guy who would do it for a week, go off for 2 days, and contuned the cycle. I don't remember off the top of my head how long he did it for, but he lost over 50 lbs...so...this will be my plan....
            http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

#26 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Dez921714
              I figured if we get bored of the soup, I'll make another vegitable soup we love (WW 0pt Vegetable soup). Its basically the same thing, all veggies, no fat.

I set my goals in 5-10lb incrimants, so that they're attainable...but then I always have the master goal :)

I read about one guy who would do it for a week, go off for 2 days, and contuned the cycle. I don't remember off the top of my head how long he did it for, but he lost over 50 lbs...so...this will be my plan....
              wow, 50 lbs is great! I just find that I get bored with the same diets, so if I mix them up that tends to work well for me. I do WW sometimes, sometimes I do atkins - no carbs, now I'm going to do this one too. I can do anything for a week! In this case, two weeks, because I'll be leaving on vaca.

#27 Celina

Celina
              • Banned
              • 2,811 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

I figure it's just a week - I think I have the willpower for 1 week. I'm considering doing it for 1 week then take a 2 week break and during the break - just staying off of whites.

I'm sorry, but I can't go a week without a diet coke! I think when you deprive yourself of things, it just makes you want them more. Everything in moderation. Okay - like I could sit and eat a whole box of store bought cupcakes - Yeah - I could - that icing is like a drug for me!

So I started making cupcakes out of a box mix - and guess what?? - I don't eat them. We have had 3 cupcakes left since the kids' party this past weekend and I haven't touched them. I sort of trick myself - I know crazy but true!

BTW - I don't drink a LOT of diet coke - maybe 3 a week. I also dont drink coffee because if I have coffee, I have to have something sweet with it. So my Cuisinart Grind and Brew sits collecting dust. It's crazy how we do these things isn't it?

I told FI last night about my diet and he says, "Honey - I know all of your girls (meaning you guys) are on diets for their weddings, but it's totally up to you. If you lose weight or not is up to you - I will love you regardless"

I LOVE THAT GUY!! - He is SO a keeper!
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#28 Dez921714

Dez921714
                • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:32 AM

Awwwwe That's sooooo sweet :)

My FI was like "cool! Maybe you'll have to buy a new dress because yours doesn't fit and I'll be able to fit into a regular guy size" lol I know guys drop weight a lot faster than women so I'm going to have to try not to get jealous LOL

#29 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:39 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
                    I figure it's just a week - I think I have the willpower for 1 week. I'm considering doing it for 1 week then take a 2 week break and during the break - just staying off of whites.

I'm sorry, but I can't go a week without a diet coke! I think when you deprive yourself of things, it just makes you want them more. Everything in moderation. Okay - like I could sit and eat a whole box of store bought cupcakes - Yeah - I could - that icing is like a drug for me!

So I started making cupcakes out of a box mix - and guess what?? - I don't eat them. We have had 3 cupcakes left since the kids' party this past weekend and I haven't touched them. I sort of trick myself - I know crazy but true!

BTW - I don't drink a LOT of diet coke - maybe 3 a week. I also dont drink coffee because if I have coffee, I have to have something sweet with it. So my Cuisinart Grind and Brew sits collecting dust. It's crazy how we do these things isn't it?

I told FI last night about my diet and he says, "Honey - I know all of your girls (meaning you guys) are on diets for their weddings, but it's totally up to you. If you lose weight or not is up to you - I will love you regardless"

I LOVE THAT GUY!! - He is SO a keeper!
                    Awwwwe That's sooooo sweet :)

My FI was like "cool! Maybe you'll have to buy a new dress because yours doesn't fit and I'll be able to fit into a regular guy size" lol I know guys drop weight a lot faster than women so I'm going to have to try not to get jealous LOL
                    up until about two weeks ago, DH and I were both working out like crazy and eating good. DH didn't have a lot to lose, maybe 15 pounds, but it just falls off of him and its all he talks about, how he's so skinny now and look at his abs, blah, blah, blah!! I'm happy for him, don't get me wrong, but I get so jealous that its so easy for him. I lost 20 pounds and have been pretty stuck in the same spot for weeks, it SUCKS! And I get so mad when he talks about his loss, I'm such a bad wife.

#30 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,853 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:53 AM

I have been debating between going on this diet or starting the Alli pill. But I just got off the Allie thread and decided that shitting myself wasnt the way to go!! So I will start Monday the 23. We will see what happens.
                      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users