Photo

Need Help decideding on photog!!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 svisconte

svisconte
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:00 PM

Hello ladies, I am currently on the hunt for a photographer. So far cecila dumas and vannessa vargas are in the running as far as my budget is concerned. If anyone has any advice or comments on these photographers, I would greatly appreciate it.
    thanks, selina
    :

#2 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
    • 1,016 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

Try doing a search. There are a lot of people that used Vanessa and Cecilia. I used Martha Roque Photographer Martha Roque Cancun M©xico and she was fabulous. I loved all of my pictures and she was super sweet. Check out her website.

#3 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
      • Banned
      • 1,051 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by svisconte
        Hello ladies, I am currently on the hunt for a photographer. So far cecila dumas and vannessa vargas are in the running as far as my budget is concerned. If anyone has any advice or comments on these photographers, I would greatly appreciate it.
        thanks, selina
        I emailed both of them. Cecilia took weeks to get back to me, then wasn't available anyway, and I wasn't completely taken by Vanessa's work. We just booked with cancun studios (CANCUN STUDIOS) They will do custom packages for you and they are right in the same price range as Cecilia and Vanessa. I LOVE their work and they were very quick at returning my email! Also with Vanessa you have to put 1/2 the package down for a deposit which can be pricy. With Cancun studios the deposit is $250.00 :) Hope this helps

#4 rafa

rafa
        • 260 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:42 AM

Welcome Selina!

I hired Cecilia Dumas for my wedding 4 years ago. She was a nice person but certantly not a good photographer. I do not like to critizes people and specially photographers, but at that time I was not the photographer, I was the client. To give you two specific examples, she promessed more than what she actually did and delivered to us, and second, in many color pictures the colors were completely different, my suit was beige and in the pictures that she gave us, was blue.

This was my personal experience with her.

Rafa

#5 svisconte

svisconte
          • 136 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:44 AM

Thank you all for your advice. I just finished an email to Martha. I hope to hear back from her soon. I dont know what I would do without this site
            :

#6 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
            • 794 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

I used Cecila Dumas for my wedding at Dreams Tulum 6/27/08 I haven't received all of the photos yet but here are some teaser pics she sent me...BTW, she is so fun and great to work with.

Click the image to open in full size.

HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
              http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#7 Infinity22

Infinity22
              • 1,520 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

I don't know what all the hoopla with Cecilia Dumas is all about, I used her in May and she was fantastic!

#8 hanna

hanna
                • 223 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:10 PM

I looked at Vanessa Vargas website and her work is good, but something about the sharpness of the photos. I feel like a lot of them look on the verge of blurry. Maybe this is just her style..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users