• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#11 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gkashmira
    I was thinking about doing fake flowers in my bouquet to save money. The bouquet is pretty low on my list of priorities so I don't want to spend a ton of money but of course I want them to be beautiful! I haven't fully decided yet...

I love the idea of using fake orchids Jessalyn - real ones are SO expensive down there! Where are you getting yours from?
    I actually bought them from a wholesale floral supply store in San Diego...Shinoda Design Center. Here are a few pics of the orchids I bought. The pink ones were $13 a stem and the white ones were $6.95 a stem.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
    My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#12 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
    • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:25 PM

There is also a Shinoda Design Center in Santa Ana, but you need to have a business license to get in. My friend has one, so she took me with her. They had tons of stuff. I also bought ribbon at a great price.
      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#13 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:31 PM

Jessalyn you really have my brain working on OT right now. I'm thinking I could save money on our cake buy using fake orchids. So not only would get a cake for 16.00 per person versus 25.00 but I'd also save of the money I would have to spend for the orchids... Did you see any green orchids when you picked yours up? Do they look good? I'll have to run to our local craft store to see if they have them there...

#14 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
        • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TAMMYM
          Jessalyn you really have my brain working on OT right now. I'm thinking I could save money on our cake buy using fake orchids. So not only would get a cake for 16.00 per person versus 25.00 but I'd also save of the money I would have to spend for the orchids... Did you see any green orchids when you picked yours up? Do they look good? I'll have to run to our local craft store to see if they have them there...
          Yes, I saw green ones too. They were pretty. I would probably advise you to look for latex orchids, IMO they look more real. Here is a site I almost bought mine through...Catalina Silk Flowers - Silk flowers for gifts and decor

Here is a pretty green one..Catalina Silk Flowers - Silk Orchids - Green Phalaenopsis Orchid Stem
          My new man....Donovan

#15 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:46 PM

Jessalyn those are awesome... Have you seen similar in person? They look like they would be prefect..

#16 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
            • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:04 PM

Quote:
              Jessalyn those are awesome... Have you seen similar in person? They look like they would be prefect..
              Yes. I think they look really nice. The ones in the link I gave you look really good IMO. I enlarged it to take a closer look. I just don't like when they look fake, like when you can see fraying silk....I don't see that in these. I don't know what they're return policy is...maybe you could return them if you don't like them?
              My new man....Donovan

#17 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:13 PM

I think from the picture they look like they would be prefect, I just can't decide how many to order... Right now they have a 10% off for new customers up until the 13th. I guess I can always order more if I like them in person..

BTW, they have a 30 day return policy

#18 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
                • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:13 PM

Quote:
                  Thats a great idea Tammy usually the flowers used to decorate the cake are garbage after the cake cutting

#19 Janet

Janet
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,459 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:22 PM

Here are the downsides I can see to using fake flowers:

1. You have to take them with you (more luggage!). My goal was to bring as little as possible with me.
                    2. In a place as lush and tropical as Costa Rica, will fake flowers just seem...out of place?

You could alternately cut your flower budget in half by using half as many flowers and using other inexpensive items creatively in place of flowers (like fruit, greenery, shells, etc)

#20 TammyB

TammyB
                    • 10,630 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:27 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Cabo Wedding Coordinator
                      Thats a great idea Tammy usually the flowers used to decorate the cake are garbage after the cake cutting

I think for a cake that fake flowers could easily work, and I can throw them in the bag with my wedding dress since I'll be holding on to that. They should transport ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users