Jump to content

Photo

Jackies Juan Carlos Tapia Review


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 TammyB

TammyB
  • Sr. Member
  • 10,630 posts

    Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

    Jackie, awesome review. I loved Juan, he has the best personality, in fact he even sent me an email for our 1yr anniversary, I mean come on what other vendor does that once they completed all their work? He's just awesome and maybe if I make it out to cabo again I may hire him to do a fun shoot with DH and I.

    #12 nikkianddean

    nikkianddean
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,881 posts

      Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:07 PM

      great review jackie. hiswill be so helpful to future brides as they consider selecting a photographer...and those of us who are preparing to work with the vendors we've already selected. The wait time you talked about seems agonizing, but I guess you can't rush perfection :P

      Thanks for the great info!
      http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

      Mr. & Mrs. C
      February 14, 2009

      #13 Jackie

      Jackie
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,290 posts

        Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:15 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by TammyB
        Jackie, awesome review. I loved Juan, he has the best personality, in fact he even sent me an email for our 1yr anniversary, I mean come on what other vendor does that once they completed all their work? He's just awesome and maybe if I make it out to cabo again I may hire him to do a fun shoot with DH and I.
        Isnt he just so sweet. I've allready been daydreaming about a huge family get-together in Cabo 5 or 10 years from now and having Juan do a cool family photo shoot in downtown cabo or San Jose or something.
        My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

        #14 Ana

        Ana

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

        Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

        Jackie, thanks so much for this review! Michael and I have hired Juan Carlos as well to shoot our wedding. His photographs are our major investment for the wedding and we are beyond happy to have done so. I have been communicating back and forth with Juan Carlos on details concerning our wedding, and like you said, he's super quick to answer back. I love how honest he is and how invested he becomes with his clients. As a bride, and especially when planning the wedding over email and without the luxury of meeting the vendors in advance we both find communication with the vendors extremely important. I am super super excited to see how your pics turn out!! I think they'll definitely be worth the wait!

        #15 Martha

        Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

          Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:28 PM

          What a very thorough and great review of Juan. When we were originally going to get married in Cabo, we were totally going to book Juan. I love his work!

          I love the fact that he told you it could take up to 3 months to get your pictures back. It takes a LOT of time to edit 100s of pictures and even longer when you have other weddings to shoot. I think photographers get a lot of ppl griping at them because they want their pictures back sooner, but they never realize how much work photographers put in to editing the pictures to make them look spectacular!


          Great review!

          #16 marcoloscabos

          marcoloscabos
          • Validating
          • 155 posts

            Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:10 AM

            Dear Brides and Grooms,

            From a vendor point of view, Juan Carlos is an asset for any wedding. I can honestly say that I have worked with "ALL" Cabo photographers and when I know is Juan Carlos Tapia the photographer, then I know it will be a flawless event.

            In my opinion, all photographers are great but down the road you can really tell who belongs in the Circle of Excellence.

            Juan Carlos does a great job and best of all... He is a people's person, very important to his line of business.

            I just officiated a wedding this past Saturday, June 7th, 2008 at the Hilton and Juan Carlos was there... All I can remember is seeing Juan Carlos running from place to place... I even asked him how many pounds does he loses per event :)

            Ladies and gentlemen, with Juan Carlos you get what you pay for and then some.

            Have a great day :)

            #17 Jackie

            Jackie
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,290 posts

              Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:46 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ana
              Jackie, thanks so much for this review! Michael and I have hired Juan Carlos as well to shoot our wedding. His photographs are our major investment for the wedding and we are beyond happy to have done so. I have been communicating back and forth with Juan Carlos on details concerning our wedding, and like you said, he's super quick to answer back. I love how honest he is and how invested he becomes with his clients. As a bride, and especially when planning the wedding over email and without the luxury of meeting the vendors in advance we both find communication with the vendors extremely important. I am super super excited to see how your pics turn out!! I think they'll definitely be worth the wait!
              I love the fact that he told you it could take up to 3 months to get your pictures back. It takes a LOT of time to edit 100s of pictures and even longer when you have other weddings to shoot. I think photographers get a lot of ppl griping at them because they want their pictures back sooner, but they never realize how much work photographers put in to editing the pictures to make them look spectacular!


              Great review!
              Your exactly right, I dont think sometimes people dont take into consideration the work that goes into the photos after the shoot.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by marcoloscabos
              Dear Brides and Grooms,

              From a vendor point of view, Juan Carlos is an asset for any wedding. I can honestly say that I have worked with "ALL" Cabo photographers and when I know is Juan Carlos Tapia the photographer, then I know it will be a flawless event.

              In my opinion, all photographers are great but down the road you can really tell who belongs in the Circle of Excellence.

              Juan Carlos does a great job and best of all... He is a people's person, very important to his line of business.

              I just officiated a wedding this past Saturday, June 7th, 2008 at the Hilton and Juan Carlos was there... All I can remember is seeing Juan Carlos running from place to place... I even asked him how many pounds does he loses per event :)

              Ladies and gentlemen, with Juan Carlos you get what you pay for and then some.

              Have a great day :)
              He is the best, and no I dont imagine he has any reason to go to the gym the way he runs around while working lol.
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

              #18 angitalia23

              angitalia23
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,029 posts

                Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:19 PM

                Juan is my man for photography too Jackie, I appreciate your honesty about his performance & although I was confident about him, your post made me even more excited!

                P.s. I spoke to him a week ago about our TTD and he mentioned your dress being heavy and difficult, he was kinda warning me too!...lol funny~*
                Anthony & Angela
                19 June 2008

                #19 Jackie

                Jackie
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,290 posts

                  Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:16 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by angitalia23
                  Juan is my man for photography too Jackie, I appreciate your honesty about his performance & although I was confident about him, your post made me even more excited!

                  P.s. I spoke to him a week ago about our TTD and he mentioned your dress being heavy and difficult, he was kinda warning me too!...lol funny~*
                  Heavy and difficult doesnt even start to explain it lol, no but seriously if we wernt so careful I could have easily been taken away by the tide it was soooo heavy there are no words to describe it!
                  My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

                  #20 jmill130

                  jmill130
                  • Member
                  • 601 posts

                    Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:52 PM

                    Jackie,
                    Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your honesty... we are in debates about horses and TTD locations- Juan is our man too! Jason and I watched him work @ your wedding and we were amazed at how many shots he took! I can't wait to see your pics... your wedding was beautiful to start with and I am sure Juan worked his magic to make the pics out of this world! THANKS JACKIE!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users