Sign in to follow this  
jennyle0082

Legal Cermony - RIU Palace

Hi Everyone,

I am getting married at the RIU Palace and decided that we were going to have a Legal ceremony.

Daniela has said the legal ceremony is performed by a judge in Spanish then translated into English... has anyone had this done? Please let me know, Thanks!

Hi, The ceremony has to be in spanish by all means and it is translated to english so everyone can undestand but spanish is a must for all legal weddings.

Or you could get married in the U.S. and just have a minister at your wedding and then everything can be in english

Juan Carlos

I had a legal wedding at Riu, it was simple and just required documents to be sent before hand to the cordinator. You must also get a blood test and fill out the required paperwork. The ceremony is spoken in English, I had a my cousin translate it for into english after the judge spoke. It was nice, it was kind of like my cousin married us

Sarah

I am also having a legal ceremony - exactly one month from today! I am having one of my oldest friends translate it to English. She is changing some of the words so it won't be a pure translation. She is also adding a reading and possibly something else. They are pretty flexible on the ceremony....with the exception that it must be done in the native language if it is to be legal.

Hope that helps. I think it's kind of fun and festive that it'll be in Spanish and then translated!

So, if you are doing a religious ceremony is it considered legal in Mexico? Are the religious and vow renewal ceremonies conducted in English? If anyone knows, that would be great!

I did the legal ceremony and then a religious ceremony all in Mexico. The legal one was done by a judge and we had a translator there. They did the blood work the day before. It was very easy. Our religious ceremony was done in English by a Rabbi we had fly down there. The religious ceremony is not legal in Mexico. You must have the civil/legal ceremony performed by the judge and then get the paperwork sent to the appropriate place for it to be legal here in the U.S.

Easy,

No worries, you just have to bring legal papers, have your blood test done, (normally taken at your room hotel,) and secure the date and time with the judge. I am pretty sure the hotel will give you all the info youâ€ll need, and they will make all the arrangements!

Happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyle0082 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I am getting married at the RIU Palace and decided that we were going to have a Legal ceremony.

Daniela has said the legal ceremony is performed by a judge in Spanish then translated into English... has anyone had this done? Please let me know, Thanks!
Hi Jeeny,

You may wanna read this info to clear up all your questions. The vows need to be in Spanish to make it legal, but then translated.

Hope this document answers you questions.

Happy Planning!

IMPORTANT%20TO%20READ.pdf

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for the responses..... I got Daniella to send me a copy of what will be said in the ceremony. If anyone wants that, please let me know.

I have asked her if we could change some of the wording but she has not gotten back to me. I pretty sure we can, but I will let you know if she says otherwise.

Thanks!!!

hope this can help you!

Civil/Legal ceremony performed by a Civil Judge (Matrimonio Civil)

•The judges vows are in Spanish and cannot be altered

•This is recognized as a legal throughout the world

•You must have 4 adult witnesses over the age of 18

Blessing ceremony performed by a Non-Denominational Minister.

•This is not a legal ceremony

•You have total control over your wedding vows

Catholic ceremony performed by a priest in the San Jose Church.

•Either the bride or the groom must be Catholic and belong to a Catholic church in the states

•Your marriage must be sanctified by your church in the states in order to be married in Mexico.

•You must go through all the appropriate steps in the stated and then send all the paperwork to Mexico at least 90 days in advance