How did you give your WC 'instructions'?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Copita

• 979 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
    KWIM...Know what I mean?

That took me forever to find out what it meant and if it wasn't for Tammy B. I still wouldn't know. LOL.
    LOL I am SO clueless when it comes to those internet abbreviations! LOL is pretty much the extent of my knowledge!

Originally Posted by froggie1013
    Your WC may have something for you to fill out. I'd ask him how he would prefer you relay the information.
    My resort gave us one of these and it was really helpful.

Originally Posted by Maura
    there will be photos of each person in the family and the bridal party so she doesnt forget who is who so she knows them by the time they arrive
    LOL, Maura! I love that you're printing everyone's pics!

Originally Posted by Alyssa
    i have actually been thinking of cutting it about 4 inches before the wedding b/c it is kind of amazon long right now LOL
    Lucky you! My hair takes foreeeever to grow!

#12 Jessica

• VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:06 AM

I made a detailed list... and then actually DREW out a blueprint of where I wanted everything to go as well as attached a few pictures.

I felt like an ass after I sent it off to her, but she actually really appreciated the specific instructions.

#13 Leia78

• VIP Member
      • 2,459 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:57 AM

I think I'll do it all on powerpoint, that way I can stick pics of what I want along w/ a description detailing it.

#14 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:52 PM

maybe a word doc is good, that way you can attach the pics, and have sections per item. I did an initial word doc that I sent Maye, but its pretty much all going to change now because I decided on different colors etc...

#15 jajajaja

• VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:00 PM

Alyssa- who cares if you look like a control freak? You don't have to be around this person for the rest of your life, so who cares if they think you are over the top! You WILL though remember all the details for the rest of your life, so ensure they are right. :)
          Happily married since 2008

#16 jajajaja

• VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:01 PM

Plus I bet you are a great tipper. :)
            Happily married since 2008

#17 MoonPalacePookie

• 279 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

I made a Word document with subsections for each event (welcome dinner, reception, reheasal, ceremony) and included all details in a bullet format. Things that I had questions about were highlighted in red. I included pictures of things she needed to see. My WC was so cool, she responded by sending me the same sheet back with her answers in a different color. It worked great. I am such a control freak, but it works great for wedding planning.
              Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#18 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
              • 2,183 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:06 PM

I created a word doc with some questions and pictures and whatever she wouldn't answer I would make it red and send it back to her. It seemed to work well.

#19 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:54 PM

you could put together a folder / binder with lists, photos, etc (sorry if already mentioned, did not read all responses)

#20 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

great post alyssa. This is helpful. I don;t consider myself a Type A person (like that birthday thingy said I am this morning.)
                    BUT, when it comes to this I will probably be following ina few footsteps here by sending pictures of everything we have discussed prior about the wedding...

Mr. & Mrs. C
                    February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users