• 47 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

Beautiful.

#12 beachbride08

beachbride08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:29 PM

Great pics! I love the first city picture and you should definitely submit it into a contest.
      Michelle

#13 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MikkiStreak

Jaime, definitely will take you and Martin up on the offer. :) I need to practice with lighting first and study modeling/posing, but I had planned on offering some free sessions to people just so I can get some portfolio work built up. As soon as I feel prepared, I'll definitely let you know and see if you guys are still interested. :) (oh, and the third aboretum shot you mentioned---- I chuckle because a friend of mine calls it my "monet". hehe)

We would LOVE to have some shots taken there!
        We had actually planned on going there for some E-Pics but the weather was yucky. We're kind of bummed with our E-Pics because the photographer kept telling Martin to grab my a$$ and make out with me so now a lot of our family doesn't want our pics up in their houses even though artistically they are pretty freakin' cool... That said, some "normal" shots would be wonderful!

And yeah that one of the waterlilies definitely reminds me of Monet - probably why I like it so much! The colors are great too :)

Attached Files

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#14 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:46 PM

I wish i could take amazing shots like you maria. What kind of camera did you get again. I could search but I've been getting frustrating with my search capabilities lately.

That 3rd sunset shot in Iowa is one of my favorites. Simple but the colors really stand out to me for whatever reason. It's unlike most sunset photos, anyway I like it

The angle on the first arboretum(sp) is wicked! Me likes!!! Looks like it's out of a magazine. Can you put this one in a competition?

I don't understand the night time photography. Don’t you have to have the shutter open for a certain amount of time? How did you learn Maria, have any good bookmarks you would like to share? Next month I plan on purchasing the Nikkon D40X. I’m excited!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users