Photo

Cake Ideas?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:28 PM

Sarah I love that cake. Very nice. Kash how much are you paying for cupcakes? I want to get cupcakes too.

-Glenda

#22 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
    • 1,430 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:40 PM

Here is the cake that I'm having. Except the ribbon will be champagne colored and there aren't going to be little white dots all over it, just smooth.

Click the image to open in full size.

#23 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:26 PM

Natalie I love the square cakes, that will be so pretty.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#24 BayBug

BayBug
      • 852 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:26 PM

I too want a simple cake. I was almost not going to have a cake because I could careless. I was thinking of a simple 1 tier cake with some fresh flowers. I really like the cupcake idea. I think it is great! I just don't want to spend any extra money on looking for someone to do it in Costa Rica.
        Angie

#25 -Kate-

-Kate-
        • VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:47 PM

We aren't doing a cake either - neither of us like it. We are looking to maybe do pies or just use the mousse Dreams has.

#26 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:48 AM

Were doing individual cakes for our guests.. We were quoted $25.00 for each. Yes that's alot for a flippin cake, but were only having around 10 people so in the end it's not "that" bad..

#27 BRENDASTAR

BRENDASTAR
            • 98 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:56 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jilly76
              Brenda, claudia had sent me a file with 3 cakes, but I can't find it. They were very simple two tier, white cakes, with flowers. I could care less about the cake, if it wasn't included in the package I probably wouldn't even do one, so I'll probably just go with one of the ones she showed me, with flowers to match whatever I decide.
              Yea I'm interested in something simple...just need a pic of one i like to send to her and get a quote....not too picky....if you find the samples send them over....she hasn't sent me any cake pics.

thanks for all the ideas girls. I especially like the ones with flowers and I like the brown one too.

#28 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:02 PM

yeah, I don't know what I did with that file? But I got it from claudia, and it just had 3 cakes, I think they were all the same, very simple, and they had different flowers on them.

#29 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:36 PM

I was starting to look at cake ideas to send to my WC, and I didn't see nearly enough pictures on this forum! Or maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place. Does anyone have any great cake photos to share? I am thinking we'd like something simple, not a whole lot of decor. And we saw a couple square cakes and think that might be what we want, but not 100% sure yet. This is an official call out for cake photos!

#30 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

ann check out the slide show on theknot.com they have hundreds.
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users