• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DreaW

DreaW
  • Banned
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:12 PM

Hi everyone....
    I was wondering can you book rooms for your wedding location through a travel agency? or do you have to do it through the hotel to get the location fee off?
    I'm planning to get married at Casa del Mar and Claudia sent me an email telling me that we would not be able to get married at the location on a Sat. if we don't do a room block.
    She sent me the room block price for a min. of two days and it seems expencive.....
    I gotta run but i'll continue this thread when I can get on a computer....sorry ...
    Andrea

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:41 PM

I think it might depend on the size of your group - but it seems most girls on here are using a TA. TAs seem to be able to negotiate perks that you might not be able to if you just go through the hotel. I've never used a TA before though (i am for the wedding, I am working with Tammy, the host of this site) - so I don't know how it all works!

#3 DreaW

DreaW
      • Banned
      • 2,462 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:13 PM

Well it turns out that I've decided not to make the room block...to expensive and that we will have the wedding on a Sunday.

#4 Jackie

Jackie
        • 2,290 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

Hmmm, I'm not to sure about all of this. But I though maybe you didnt pay for roomblocks unless they dont get booked before the release date in which you would release them. I could be totally wrong though. Maybe if Tammy sees this thread she will have some better advice. But just from reading previous threads I do know that room blocks are always a good idea.
          I am also working with a TA (Tammy), but have never used one before this, but seeing as though its a wedding and Tammy and most TA's are so much more knowledgable on the subject than I am I thought it would be safest to use one.
          My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#5 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
          • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:19 PM

I have a room block. I'm glad I did it now, the rooms are booking for over $300 a night now through the resort website, and I have them blocked at $175/night.

The way my block works is that I have to book at least 10 rooms for 2 nights, because I'm getting married on a Saturday in resorts Palapa area. The room block is not a problem for my group....I'm expecting many guests.

The rooms that are not booked in my 40 room block by my release date are released back to the hotel. (except 10 rooms must be booked, as mentioned above).

The money I put down for the deposit of the block goes toward the cost of the reception, or can be credited back to my room or my credit card while we're staying at the resort. So the deposit is sort of a savings account for the reception, by my view.
            My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
            Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#6 Jackie

Jackie
            • 2,290 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:21 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200
              I have a room block. I'm glad I did it now, the rooms are booking for over $300 a night now through the resort website, and I have them blocked at $175/night.

The way my block works is that I have to book at least 10 rooms for 2 nights, because I'm getting married on a Saturday in resorts Palapa area. The room block is not a problem for my group....I'm expecting many guests.

The rooms that are not booked in my 40 room block by my release date are released back to the hotel. (except 10 rooms must be booked, as mentioned above).

The money I put down for the deposit of the block goes toward the cost of the reception, or can be credited back to my room or my credit card while we're staying at the resort. So the deposit is sort of a savings account for the reception, by my view.

OK, that makes sense.
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:36 PM

if you have a larger group, then blocking rooms is the way to go unless your guests are really diligent about booking early. Jessalyn is absolutely right when she says that rates can go up. this is an extreme case, but i have a room block for about $320 a night for a may wedding but by October the room rates had gone up to $800-1100 per night...OUCH!

if you have a smaller group of just family, you can try to reserve rooms now at the lower rate and be done with it...i am doing this with ann's guests and they have been really great about booking early.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:53 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by host
                if you have a smaller group of just family, you can try to reserve rooms now at the lower rate and be done with it...i am doing this with ann's guests and they have been really great about booking early.
                I am glad you think so - I am really trying to get on people to book NOW. I am so afraid they're going to wait too long and then have to pay the higher rate, or not come at all!

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:40 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by akh
                I am glad you think so - I am really trying to get on people to book NOW. I am so afraid they're going to wait too long and then have to pay the higher rate, or not come at all!
                if they do not book soon (while promo is still going) we can try to get a room block for the 10 or so rooms you might need....that way you have the rooms blocked at a fixed rate for your slackers.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:17 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by host
                  if they do not book soon (while promo is still going) we can try to get a room block for the 10 or so rooms you might need....that way you have the rooms blocked at a fixed rate for your slackers.
                  I've thought about that as well. Since people also aren't RSVPing on the website, I am trying to get a feel for those that ARE coming, but haven't booked vs. those that aren't coming.

Sorry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users