Photo

6:01 am & I'm STILL AWAKE!!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 alex

alex
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:01 AM

AHHHHH can't sleeeeeep. Heeeeelp meeee!!!
    Seriously though. It's bloody 6am & I'm still awake!! I slept MAYBE an hour combined all night! I just have so much on my mind lately that I think my brain is going in overdrive & it's going to suffer a pretty huge meltdown soon because it can't just keep running at this rate!! At least I hope it can't!!

I'm honestly exhausted, but just can't fall asleep. Laying in bed awake is driving me insane, but when I get up I'm so tired I'm all lightheaded & can't do anything...

Any tricks to sleep? Other than warm milk *gag*
    I've even tried drugging myself with PM cough stuff, but that didn't help!!
    I thought about going for a walk, but I'm so exhausted I'm afraid to pass-out cold on the sidewalk! lol

#2 thomastaci22

thomastaci22
    • 98 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:28 AM

If you are still awake...this is one thing that always works for me. I think I heard it on a movie once. Anyway, if you really try hard to stay awake...keep your eyes open (while laying in bed with the lights off). I ALWAYS fall right alseep when I do this! I hoep you can get some rest!

#3 alex

alex
      • 1,139 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:33 AM

Sounds good to me! I'm off to lay in bed & try to keep my eyes open! Wish me luck!!

#4 lambert13

lambert13
        • 901 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:24 AM

Tequila & Painkillers. Just kidding....kind of.... well at least the tequila part works wonders.

Seriously though, I know how you feel. Sometimes there is just nothing that will make you go to sleep. I have had nights where nothing at all worked. Tylenol PM, benadryl, nothing.

#5 alex

alex
          • 1,139 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

Well it's not 1pm & I am happy to say that I slept from about 7-12:30! YAY! Not my idea of a good night's rest, but at least I can function now... kinda!

#6 lucy106

lucy106
            • 2,880 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

Glad you got some rest. So I take it the keep your eyes open trick worked?

#7 alex

alex
              • 1,139 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:58 PM

I guess it did! lol
                All I remember is how much my eyes were burning from trying to keep them open (& they would burn after like 3 seconds! lol that's how tired I was) & then I remember the phone ringing & I woke up! LOL
                Thanks thomastaci22!!

#8 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

I was right there with you last night, I could not sleep at all-I am having such trouble sleeping lately, apparently nature's way of preparing me for becoming a mommy!
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#9 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by thomastaci22
                  If you are still awake...this is one thing that always works for me. I think I heard it on a movie once. Anyway, if you really try hard to stay awake...keep your eyes open (while laying in bed with the lights off). I ALWAYS fall right alseep when I do this! I hoep you can get some rest!
                  Very interesting trick. I notice I start to fall asleep on the couch watching TV and I fight to stay away to finish watching a fav show. Then I'll go to bed and I'm wide awake. I get so pissed off. Maybe it's the trying to keep my eyes open that makes me tired. I'm going to try this!
                  Happily married since 2008

#10 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

When I can't sleep I try and read a book. Usually I don't get very far before I get that same burning feeling that you mentioned and fall asleep. I hate when it's the pressure of going to sleep that is keeping you awake! Oh the irony.

Also, I use melatonin to help me sleep. It helps to regulate your sense of day and night. Just make sure you turn off the tv and all lights so your body can realize it's night

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users